Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 5:11:29 PM EDT
The Honorable Senator Kerry

I’m writing this letter in hope to convey to you the frustration and disappointment I have with
your campaign, the DNC and the liberal 527's that you and the DNC clandestinely support.

I have sat by this year and watch the wretched propaganda and smear machine that is the DNC
and the supported 527's , spread despicable lies and insults at President Bush. You and your ilk
have set a new low in political muckraking.

You came home, after being “in country”, for only four months,  from the Viet Nam war after
earning, dubiously I might add, 3 Purple Hearts, only to sit in the Senate hearing room and call
every Solider, Sailor, Airman and Marine a “War Criminal”. You wrote in your book, “The New
Solider” and I quote-

““We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans Day waving small flags, calling to
memory those thousands who died for the ““Greater glory of the United States.”” We will
not accept the rhetoric. We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of
Foreign Wars –– in fact, we will find it hard to join anything at all and when we do, we will
demand relevancy such as other organizations have recently been unable to provide. We
will not take solace from the creation of monuments or the naming of parks after a select
few of the thousands of dead Americans and Vietnamese. We will not uphold the traditions
which decorously memorialize that which was base and grim.””

John Kerry, ““The New Soldier””, 1971

The above quote is an affront to all Veterans, Past, Present and Future. My Uncle served in the
same Navy that you did, on PBR’s-Patrol Boat River. 2 tours, 1969-70, 1 purple heart..he still carries that shrapnel with him. He is no “War Criminal”.Both of my Grandfathers served in WWII. One landed at Utah Beach on D-Day and the other was
a Veteran of Tarawa and Iwo Jima.  

You stood at the DNC Convention, with your chest puffed out, saluted and declared, “John
Kerry, Reporting for Duty”. You run on a platform, which declares that you are a war hero and
that your past makes you the perfect choice for Commander and Chief. Which past is that Mr.
Kerry? The one when you served in the Navy or the one when you came home and called my
Uncle and every other Soldier, Sailor, Airmen and Marine a “War Criminal”?

Now, you send another Veteran that is a opportunist to Crawford, Texas, like a 3 year old child
crying that his playmate is not playing fair, asking the President to stop the SWIFT boat Veterans
for Truth, from exposing the inaccuracies and down right lies of your past Military Record. A
record that YOU brought out for your Presidential run.

The President does not have control over the 527's. You know that. If that was the case, then you sir
can stop Move On.org or ACT from running their ads.

Where was your outrage when Move On.org compared President Bush with Hitler? The 20th
Century’s most brutal dictator and despot. Where was your outrage when Michael Moore
released the fact twisted DNC propaganda film “ Fahrenheit 9/11"?

Why Sir did you not and to this day, still do not condemn these ads and the film? I’ll answer that
for you-Because you support them, their views and you want them out there.

You are a full of inaccuracies, lies and contradictions. You have done a great disservice to your
country, your fellow shipmates, your fellow Veterans and your fellow citizens.

I can only hope that when I vote in November, that the vote I cast will ensure that you never step
foot in the West Wing of the White House as President.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Well said!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Good e-mail, but it is unread and has been deleted, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
A beautiful email....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm also snail mailing it too...as well as sent to CNN, FOX and MSNBC....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
SHAZAM!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]
he'll never read and even if he does what do you think he's going to do Step down from the nomination and declare defeat???
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I bet he's gotten a lot of emails and letters like this.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
he'll never read and even if he does what do you think he's going to do Step down from the nomination and declare defeat???

I know he won't...but I also know that I'm not going to sit here and just vote...I also want to voice my displeasure in him as a man and a person....
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Well their standard response was to shift the blame to President Bush for the SWIFT Boat Vets...

Anyway...it felt good to send it...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top