Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 9:22:45 AM EDT
Lately I have been selling a few things on eBay, last night I listed a Springfield M1A stock and today my ad was cancelled and I am on a one day suspension for selling assault weapons parts. In my ad I did not mention that it was a GI M14 stock, right now on eBay there are all kinds of M1A/M14 parts, stocks, barrels, bolts, stocks, etc.... for sale.

I am wondering why these other sellers are not getting their ads pulled for selling assault  rifle parts? I am thinking maybe some other seller turned me in.

I am finished with eBay after this.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#1]
What is an assault weapon?

But seriously it's a piece of shapped wood. Not the entire rifle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Lately I have been selling a few things on eBay, last night I listed a Springfield M1A stock and today my ad was cancelled and I am on a one day suspension for selling assault weapons parts. In my ad I did not mention that it was a GI M14 stock, right now on eBay there are all kinds of M1A/M14 parts, stocks, barrels, bolts, stocks, etc.... for sale.

I am wondering why these other sellers are not getting their ads pulled for selling assault  rifle parts? I am thinking maybe some other seller turned me in.

Another seller turned you in as he/she probably is listing a similar item!  I still use eBay but it sux for gun stuff.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
eBay deserves to go out of business.  I will not give them another cent of my money.

Paypal too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Ebay sucks period.

I have a customer who owns an antique shop and he has had a lot of problems with Ebay pulling adds. The last add he had pulled was for some WWII german dinner plates they had the nazi symbol on them so Ebay pulled the add. They are jackasses.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
eBay deserves to go out of business.  I will not give them another cent of my money.

Paypal too.

I agree.  Unfortunately, there isn't a gun friendly alternative.  I have several things I would like to get rid of but I refuse to use Ebay, so all the stuff is still sitting around the house.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paypal too.

I agree.  Unfortunately, there isn't a gun friendly alternative.  I have several things I would like to get rid of but I refuse to use Ebay, so all the stuff is still sitting around the house.

www.gunbroker.com

Or you can sell stuff on the ARFCOM EE.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paypal too.

Yard sales, consignment shops, and Goodwill.  For firearms, try Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paypal too.

I am not talking about gun stuff.  I can never bring myself to sell those.  

Yes, I have used yardsales and such, but not much luck with specialized items (noise cancelling aviation headsets, Radio controlled stuff, etc.).  You just can't get the same money out of these types of things as you can on ebay.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#9]
just sold 94 items off eBay last 2 weeks, raked in $940 revenue
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone else had trouble getting on to ebay today?  The site hasn't worked all morning and it's the first big listing I've had in months.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paypal too.

I am not talking about gun stuff.  I can never bring myself to sell those.  

Yes, I have used yardsales and such, but not much luck with specialized items (noise cancelling aviation headsets, Radio controlled stuff, etc.).  You just can't get the same money out of these types of things as you can on ebay.

The ARFCOM EE is not just for guns.
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=91
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Same exact thing happened to me with the same stock. I emailed ebay and they said it was against their policy to sell that stock, when i brought it to their attention that there were 14 M14/M1a stocks currently being auctioned they simply replied that they cannot keep up with all the illegal auctions and that i should report any when i see a violation. I wrote back with a simple fuck off.  I sell a lot on ebay, they are big time liberals but its a good source of side income for me so i put up with their shit. Just sign up to gunbroker and sell it there or relist the stock on ebay under a similar title as other stocks being sold. McM
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paypal too.

www.gunbroker.com

Or you can sell stuff on the ARFCOM EE.

That place is an online gun show
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#14]
This is what I got for selling a Ruger stock, A FUCKING PIECE OF WOOD!!! Everyone at EGay can lick the squeezin's from my hairy arse as far as I'm concerned. Nevermind the fact that there were plenty of their so-called "Power Sellers" out there pushing identical items with no problems whatsoever...For what it's worth, I got this in January and I am still apparently banned. But then I guess that "banned" is a badge of honor around here.

Dear pale_pony,

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended for a period of no less than 30 days for violating eBay's Firearms, Weapons, and Knives policy.

Since the sale of weapons is highly regulated, or may cause harm to eBay or its members, sellers are restricted in their listing of them on eBay.For more information on Firearms, Weapons, and Knives visit the following Help page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Consequently, all of your current listings have been removed from eBay. During this period you will be unable to leave or receive feedback, bid on or sell items, or file for an Unpaid Item credit. Should you need to access information from listings which ended before your suspension period, you can do so by reviewing the notices you received at the time the listings ended.

We have taken this action only after careful consideration of the history of violations on your account. We have reviewed carefully each offense that led to this decision and verified that the correct action was taken. Today, we removed the following listings:

7215802645 - Antique Ruger Mini 14 Folding Stock Walnut Blue Steel

We had previously written to you about this policy on:

1/30/2006 3:06:37 AM
1/28/2006 7:10:18 AM
1/16/2006 7:41:19 AM
1/6/2006 12:42:50 AM

While this suspension is active, you are prohibited from registering under a new account name or using another existing account to use our system in any way. Any attempt to reregister or use our system in any way will result in permanent account suspension with no possibility of reinstatement.

Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

You are very important to eBay and this period of time will help us to build a better relationship. We hope you will come away with a better understanding of our policies.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Regards,
eBay Trust & Safety
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Its all in how your title reads. If you list a "Factory Colt AR-15 4X20 scope" .Your ad will get yanked faster then you can say " Chuck Norris". If you  list it as "Colt 4X20 scope" it will probably not.  Its all in the search words.  I listed a FNAL 10 round magazine and it got yanked. It was pulled jst after I listed it.  Also you were probably ratted out. There is a member over on the FAL Files who really gets his rocks off by playing Ebay rat bitch. He has admitted to it several times, and is proud of it.

here is an example, to be left cold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=7222032259
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This is what I got for selling a Ruger stock, A FUCKING PIECE OF WOOD!!! Everyone at EGay can lick the squeezin's from my hairy arse scroat as far as I'm concerned. Nevermind the fact that there were plenty of their so-called "Power Sellers" out there pushing identical items with no problems whatsoever...For what it's worth, I got this in January and I am still apparently banned. But then I guess that "banned" is a badge of honor around here.

Dear pale_pony,

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended for a period of no less than 30 days for violating eBay's Firearms, Weapons, and Knives policy.

Since the sale of weapons is highly regulated, or may cause harm to eBay or its members, sellers are restricted in their listing of them on eBay.For more information on Firearms, Weapons, and Knives visit the following Help page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Consequently, all of your current listings have been removed from eBay. During this period you will be unable to leave or receive feedback, bid on or sell items, or file for an Unpaid Item credit. Should you need to access information from listings which ended before your suspension period, you can do so by reviewing the notices you received at the time the listings ended.

We have taken this action only after careful consideration of the history of violations on your account. We have reviewed carefully each offense that led to this decision and verified that the correct action was taken. Today, we removed the following listings:

7215802645 - Antique Ruger Mini 14 Folding Stock Walnut Blue Steel

We had previously written to you about this policy on:

1/30/2006 3:06:37 AM
1/28/2006 7:10:18 AM
1/16/2006 7:41:19 AM
1/6/2006 12:42:50 AM

While this suspension is active, you are prohibited from registering under a new account name or using another existing account to use our system in any way. Any attempt to reregister or use our system in any way will result in permanent account suspension with no possibility of reinstatement.

Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

You are very important to eBay and this period of time will help us to build a better relationship. We hope you will come away with a better understanding of our policies.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Regards,
eBay Trust & Safety

Fixed it for you!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

So let me get this straight - you listed an item that you KNEW was a violation of eBay policies, they cancel the auction, and now you're whining about it?  eBay should cancel your account for stupidity...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top