Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 5:53:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 6:01:29 AM EST by wildbilljr]
So after a 12 hour night shift, I am driving home. I'm following this truck and his speed is not consistent 5 mph plus or minus the speed limit. No big deal, but annoying. I'm following him with a 2 to 2.5 second gap so not too close. We're approaching a two lane passing zone, so I speed up to pass and close the gap to about 1 to 1.5 sec behind the truck. The guy slams on the breaks pulls over about 50 yards before the passing lane starts. So I pass him on the left and the guy in the truck pulls quickly back into the lane and proceeds to get about four feet from by bumper all the way through the passing lane. I hold my badge out the back window and he backs off. I get into the slow lane and let him pass (to get his plate number). As he passes he flips me off and he mouthed Asshole. Yeah I'm the asshole! I tried to call my cop buddies who work in the town I live in but none were on.

Rant off.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:58:07 AM EST
He was probably drunk.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:17:14 AM EST
u have his plate......mail the ticket
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:08:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 8:08:27 AM EST by SMPrider112]
Asshole drivers are everywhere. I think the most frustrating part about them when we are off duty is we can't do anything about it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:32:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By SMPrider112:
Asshole drivers are everywhere. I think the most frustrating part about them when we are on duty is we can't do anything about it.

fixed it. too busy on and off duty to get bent out of shape by these things. The plate thing works 2 ways. I'd never flash my badge if it could be avoided and i would never bother a buddy working with something off duty unless it was damn serious. And if that was the case, I would just call disp and have them create an incident and half folks in route.

just me though. hope the asshat didn't get your plate and figure out where you live over this.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:59:40 AM EST
Sometimes I wear my uniform into work. It's very funny to see someone do something beyond stupid, then the look on their face when I pull up next to them at the light and they look over. I try not to wear it if I can, but it's too funny when people are stupid then they realize it too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:45:02 PM EST
I have people flip me off every so often on the way home (i live in Atlanta) and they clearly see me in uniform, people are bastards
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:52:04 PM EST
We had an officer drop his badge while trying to "badge" an asshole driver. Never found it.

IMO not worth breaking your cover and accomplishes nothing. Plus youll look like an idiot if you lose your creds because your hanging them out the window.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:51:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By jgeiken:
We had an officer drop his badge while trying to "badge" an asshole driver. Never found it.

That would have never gotten out if it were me.

I'd replace it on my own dime to keep that from getting out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:53:22 AM EST
I would never hang my badge out of a window that is just silly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 2:42:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By AJE:

Originally Posted By jgeiken:

That would have never gotten out if it were me.

I'd replace it on my own dime to keep that from getting out.

Well he was on the phone with dispatch at the time. He was trying to stop a DUI off duty by flashing his brights and hanging his badge out. Needless to say this officer no longer works for our dept, and not bc of this incident.
Top Top