Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 9:15:53 PM EDT
Well, i went upstairs a few moments ago only to find my dog had jumped UP on my counter and grabbed my bottle of Birchwood Casey Perma-Blue (contains Selenium Dioxide) along with other "chewable" items.

I don't know if she "ate" very much, or if the stuff tasts bad enough she avoided it, but I'm sure she injested some.  

Any ideas on what to do anyone?

Gundraw
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Finger down her throat, induce vomitting.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
try calling an all night vet hospitol or your state poison control center.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Hydrogen Peroxide will also make her throw up and should clean her out.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs/page1.aspx
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Finger down her throat, induce vomitting.

my lab would bite me
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Call a vet NOW!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Call a vet NOW!

+1!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Draw down!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, the problem is I didn't catch it soon enough.  Possibly 1.5hrs after actual consumption.  From my knowledge of how much was in the bottle and how much I cleaned up, she couldn't have gotten much.  

We have no 24hr vet service in our area.  The poison control place just said cut with milk, so I fed her lots of milk and bread.  She has been fine so far.  She won't let me do the gag trick, it's nothing but biting.

The person at poison control seemed to think 6hrs would be the "clear time".  The dog seems unaffected though.  She's lying in her kennel, but when I walk in, she perks up and wants to play.  Her eyes are not dialated nor is does she have any of the "dull eye" look she get when she's sick.

As time goes one, she showing no ill syptoms, so I have my fingers crossed.  She's very picky about her food, so I'm hoping the smell/taste kept her from eating it.

Thanks for the help so far!

Gundraw
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, the problem is I didn't catch it soon enough.  Possibly 1.5hrs after actual consumption.  From my knowledge of how much was in the bottle and how much I cleaned up, she couldn't have gotten much.  

We have no 24hr vet service in our area.  The poison control place just said cut with milk, so I fed her lots of milk and bread.  She has been fine so far.  She won't let me do the gag trick, it's nothing but biting.

The person at poison control seemed to think 6hrs would be the "clear time".  The dog seems unaffected though.  She's lying in her kennel, but when I walk in, she perks up and wants to play.  Her eyes are not dialated nor is does she have any of the "dull eye" look she get when she's sick.

As time goes one, she showing no ill syptoms, so I have my fingers crossed.  She's very picky about her food, so I'm hoping the smell/taste kept her from eating it.

Thanks for the help so far!

Gundraw

OK, if we are past the vomitting option I "think" the next step is toast and milk.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Follow up with some XXX steel wool...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I think everything is gonna be okay.  I stayed up with her and It's definitely been past the 6 hour "safe point" the lady at the poison hotline established.

I suppose the smell/taste did keep her from injesting much of it.  She seems to be doing fine (tired of course...).

Thanks for the help everyone.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:48:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Get that project down its throat before it gets diluted.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:50:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Save the next crap for touch up jobs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Have the neighbor call the cops and put her in the front yard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top