Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/13/2006 9:11:53 AM EDT
Sometime over the last couple of weeks I rediscovered Ramen Noodles. Well, last Saturday night I was up at Wally worlds stocking up on them ($.13/package) and this guy made a comment to me how these have no nutritional value in them so he mixes cheese in with his.

Why this never occurred to me before is beyond me, but I got home nuked 2 packages, got out the shreded cheese, threw in some butter, mixed in the flavoring, mixed in the cheese and went to town.

All I can say is DAY-UM!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:16:04 AM EDT
Keep suckin up the butter and you'll be ready around Thanksgiving....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:16:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:33:36 AM EDT
Add raw egg to step it up a bit...It will cook (poached) while the noodles cook. You'll wonder why you didn't think of it before!

Bryan
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:35:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By N_FL_Mountaineer:
Add raw egg to step it up a bit...It will cook (poached) while the noodles cook. You'll wonder why you didn't think of it before!

Bryan

That's it right there. For the soup ramen, you can't beat the egg mixed in. I know it'd be a stretch for most of you guys, but toss in a few leaves of spinach as well, and you've got a balanced meal!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:38:54 AM EDT
I gave up Ramen when I was a freshman.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:49:06 AM EDT
NO NO NO NO NO!

Go to the nearest oriental store and get the "Hot" ramen. Ask for a case of "Shin Ramyen" (Korean). Put the spices, cheese, and other goodies in it (Think of Chili Cheese Ramen) after you have cooked it with the least amount of water to keep it from scoring to the bottom of the pan/pot.

THAT is "Ramen".

Trust me. Once you have that, you will forever regard the supermarket stuff as anything but flavored styrofoam.
Top Top