Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 10:10:36 PM EDT
I decided it was time to start my daughter (my little? girl), who is 15 years old, in the shooting sports.

Rather than simply go buy her a ruger 10/22 or some semi-auto rifle, or even a bolt gun, I figured I'd make it a little more interesting "fun" for her, so I ordered a Henry .22 lever.  

Nah, not the one with the brass receiver, just the regular ol' rifle (model H001, I believe it is).

Well I picked it up tonight from the fun store (I wore my ar15.com shirt when I ordered it, and they were going to check out the site - Desiree (sp?), the owners wife, tells me she loves shooting her AR[:)])

My lord, what a piece of workmanship - the action is silky smooth!  The stock is gorgeous - a nicely grained, and finished walnut stock and matching forearm stock.  I am half tempted to make this a present for myself !

Wife and daughter won't be home from Grandma's until Wednesday, so I may take it to the range over the weekend to see how it shoots - if I do, I'll add a range report to this.

My guess is it will shoot just fine... and it should help create another female 'gun nut' [:D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool a lever action.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
... you're the man!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: No, no, no...let your daughter be the first to shoot it.  It'll be more special for her.
View Quote

Yeah, I know ... but that means I have to wait... [:(]  or buy another one [:)] - but I just got 'terminated' at work... lets see, the wife will understand, just on emore gun... that won't take [b]too[/b] much from the budget
AHHHHHHHGGHGGGHGHH! - no, I'll tell her I won it at the gun show, yeah, yeah, that's the ticket...
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you going to get a scabbard?
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought an Ithaca lever .22 for my daughter when she was 7yrs old. I carved a short buttstock out of a 2x6 for it & she just loves it!!! She takes it with her almost every time we go shooting. I'll bet your daughter will really enjoy hers too.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: Are you going to get a scabbard?
View Quote

Oh, no, then I'd have to buy the horse to hang it on [:)]

Just kidding, got no room for a horse - but if she wants a scabbard, yeah - I'll leave that up to her...

It's really odd, I trust her more with a firearm than with the a car... Am I wierd?

(Edited because I hate it when people use than for then, and then for than, and I did that errrr)
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Next year she might want a Single Action Army.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top