Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 11:55:56 AM EDT
Before any of you bitch about using a check card on line, mine is covered just like a credit card.  The card company called  yesterdayand left a

message about suspicious activity.I missed the message until this morning. They left a  800 number that was not on the back of the card asking about

it on card ending in xxxx. I'm thinking fraud right away. The first think they ask is for the whole number. I'm thinking no way and tell then hell no. They

say I should call customer service. I do with the number on back of the card. While I was dialing I'm thinking maybe it was legit. Why would they tell me

to call exposing their scheme and 800 number. Well it was legit but she said she would track down who I talked too and fix the problem. Any way

customer service went through the last three things. One was a resturaunt  I took my wife to after I went to the doctors, One was an ammo purchase

at Walmart after we ate. Pretty good day a favorable for the future doctors report, some great mexican food and ammo. All in the same day. then

some ass wipe caled Brown Owls hits my card for almsot a 1,000 bucks. It some strange number without the company name. Usually you have some

clue like WM1603 IL for a Walmart in Illinois.  So I'm pissed. I looked on line before I called, asked my wife If its anything she did. I knew it wasn't she

would say so before hand and she does'nt have a check card for my account. By the way I recomend this for any couple. She has access but her

own seperate account. So I'm pissed and the girl put the money back in as I'm on the phone and block the card. She will call if anything else pops up

that may be legit and she can let it through with my permission. I said I didn't think of anything that was but lets wait a couple of days before we

cancel and order a new card.  Excelent servive if you ask me. Then  I look at the number agian and it end in IA. I travel IA extensivlly sometime in my

job. I cant remember any company witht that name. Then the light bulb went on. I said do you mean Brownells? Bingo, block removed and paid. Order

is shipped. It really was a great day
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
hey I get with check card fraud 3 weeks ago they cleaned me out. All I did and called the bank that I was hit with fraud they canceled the check card and credited me my money back. Very helpfull..

NFCU is the bank I use <––––- Plug

It sucks really bad, especially when you get your card rejected at a resturaunt, thinking man I know I have money in there.

Well whoever it was bought over 800 bucks in food in NYC.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Associated is who I use
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
BTDT.

Wells Fargo took care of me quick. All I ended up having to do was spend a total of 20 min or so on the phone and sign some paper work they sent a couple of days later.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
hey I get with check card fraud 3 weeks ago they cleaned me out. All I did and called the bank that I was hit with fraud they canceled the check card and credited me my money back. Very helpfull..

NFCU is the bank I use <––––- Plug

It sucks really bad, especially when you get your card rejected at a resturaunt, thinking man I know I have money in there.

Well whoever it was bought over 800 bucks in food in NYC.

NFCU is the shit. Been with then better than 12 years. If I want a loan, I ring em up and the check is in the mail. Best thing going in banking as far as I am concerned.

My VISA got hit a couple of weeks back. I check my balance every day or so online. Noticed a couple of charges that I had not made. $0.99, and $1.99....."test" charges I assumed. Called NFCU, and they said thier were another dozen charges for larger amunts pending that. day. The billing said the charges were to mygrantsite.com Pulled the site and there was a note that said if you are reading this because of a fraud charge please call...When you call, the first thing they ask for is you full card number, address, etc.....errr negative. Just odd they can phish so blatantly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a phone call about a charge to my credit card to "The Hub of Alaska."  That is the gas station I stopped into every two weeks.  Huh.  It was only for ~10 gallons of gas.  I wondered how it got flagged as potentially fraudelent that time.

Another time I got charged for a couple plane tickets in Dubai for use in 2015 or so.   That was an easy one to argue.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top