Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 12:30:28 PM EDT
Apparently during a flight to TQ (Tikrit?) his chopper receieved a fair amount of ground fire and he responding with the M3 (50cal) from the rear ramp of the aircraft.

He also said that they could use more goodies so let's keep shipping stuff over guys!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell him "Thanks" for me. What branch, by the way?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
USMC. I imagine the group he mowed down will be reported as innocent women and children by the news.

BTW he has gotten alot of almost direct support from ARFcom members. Lots of EE stuff has gone his way, including a nice Chris Reeves blade for his X-mas gift.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Tell him "Thanks" for me. What branch, by the way?

If he used an M3 it's got to be USMC.  Thank him for his service - what aircraft type - 46 or 53?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]
TQ is Camp Al Taqaddum near lake Habbaniyah
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
mmmmm M3 goodness....

for those of you who dont know the M3 is a refinement of the M2 produced by FN. if im not mistaken, it fires from an open bolt at twice the rate of fire of "ma deuce"  last i heard a buddy of mine at the warfighting lab said the Corps was testing its use on wheeled vehicles and possibly fixed ground position. that would be an outstanding development.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe he is assigned to an AH-53 out of Al Asad.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Al Aysad is the current home of the 3rd Marine Air Wing, so that is where you cousin's squadron would be based.  TQ is where 1st FSSG is located at CH-53 go into there all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top