Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2005 5:19:30 PM EDT
I don't get it. A few of my friends are students and a professor. They all think our country sucks and is going to implode. Maybe Colorado is in better shape than some areas. The economy here seems great. Tons of new cars, lots of new building. I know the Gulf area is hurting bad, but it will get fixed. People are helping each other. Am I just a push over believing Bush propaganda or are we really as great of a country as I think we are? I'm not rich but not poor. I just think everything is pretty damn good. Why do people give me crap for being happy?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:20:38 PM EDT
They are married and you are not?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:38 PM EDT
Misery loves company.

Max
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:24:23 PM EDT
Obviously no one's told you that it's all Bushitler's fault.

Oh, and Cheney and Halliburton and Rumsfeld and .....

How can you go around happy in the face of the fascist government we live under???

</sarcasm>
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:24:33 PM EDT
Dont worry

Be happy

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:25:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By maxell27:
Misery loves company.

Max

Bingo!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:28:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 5:28:29 PM EDT by garandman]
THe South Carolina business econmy is on fire.

As an employer, its darn near impossible to hire qualified people.

Only the unemployable are unemployed.

Some poeple are just not happy unless they are miserable.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:28:03 PM EDT
It is good. We are good. We just got a bit of weather. Life is hard and we push on. Look at it in 50 years and compare, it's nothing but a bump in the road of life.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:28:38 PM EDT
The first thig I learned in college, was don't listen to all the liberal crap which infests most college campuses...

A lot of those liberal types are happy to get student loans and the first to protest the government...

People who get handouts appreciate what they have less than the ones who work their tail off earning it..
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:29:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 5:31:31 PM EDT by Cavu]
You should realize by now the only chance liberal democrats have is to convince everyone that things are miserable. That is the democratic strategy. They have to convince you that your life sucks and would be better in their version of a communistic utopia.

They just want to make your life better.

Idiots.

ETA: the idiots comment was not directed at anyone in this thread, but at the feeble attempts of the communist democratic party.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:32:54 PM EDT
Two hallmarks of Liberalism:

1) Constantly pissed at the world,

2) Irresistable compulsion to screw with other people's lives.

Watch out!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:33:03 PM EDT
How can you be happy when your happiness brings so much misery to those around you? It is very callous and cruel of you. If you had any compassion you would assume a more bitter and morose demeanor in order to placate your liberal friends.

"Look at that fool!" they say of you.

"How can he be so cheerful when there are pygmies in mother Africa without cell phones, government programs, and popular culture?! And what of the spotty peckered owl? It is almost extinct and look at our friend, he smiles on without a care! A pox be upon him!"

Besides, let's face it: most happy people are either weirdos or they're up to something.
Top Top