Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 10:43:25 AM EDT
I been busting my head with this for the last couple days and can't get them working.  I have 2 9-pin serial ports in the back of the computer that I have my digital camera cable for downloading pictures hooked up to and on the other I have another device (Terminal Node Controller) hooker to.  Haven't made any changes to the com ports or programs and the last time I got pictures off the camera it worked ok, but that was a few months ago.  when I try to download some pictures from my camera, I keep getting a error telling me "equipment not connected or power is off".  Thought it was the camera but tried the to log onto the TNC and it won't respond either.  Checked all connections, checked the windows system in Com Ports and both com ports 1 and 2 say they are working ok. Went into the system setup for the computer and both ports look ok and enabled.  I removed them, then rebooted and windows picked up new hardware and put them back but still no luck.  Using win98 second edition. Exited to dos and tried to log onto the TNC (the program I use is actually a dos program) and its still not responding.  So maybe not a windows problem.    Don't know what else to do or check.

Hope I explained this enough without it sounding confusing.

[:\][:\]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#1]
[i]was[/i] it turned on??
Will the camera work on another computer?
Can you switch the connections to se if that changes anything?

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[i]was[i/] it turned on??
Will the camera work on another computer?
Can you switch the connections to se if that changes anything?
View Quote

Yes it was turned on.
switching the two around doesn't help
have an old 486 and will have to install the download program and will see if it works in it.
Never thought about that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Tried the camera in the other computer and it worked and when I set the cable back up in this one  and brought up the program, I looked around a little seen a "Update Information" tab so done that and now it works.  Also finally got the TNC to work after doing a "Hard Reset" on it and changing the com port in the terminal program cause the reset puts it to com 1 as defult.

Thanks for the help, Only_Hits_Count.  After messing with this for a while, I got iritated and couldn't  think straight.[headbang]

All seems to be working fine now.

[:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top