Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2012 2:09:40 PM EDT
So last month, my phone went tist up. I got a used phone from a buddy, and went and opened a new account, with a new sim card, and a new number.
Before I got home, I got a wrong number call from a Spanish speaker. During the course of the month, I got several more spanish speaking wrong numbers.
My new account is with t mobil prepaid, and it ran out last night sometime. Sometime during the night, I got a text from t mobil telling me my pin was changed, and if I hadn't authorized the change, to call them.
 So today I go to my local phone store to pay my bill, and on my way out, I show him the text. He checks it out, and tells me my account doesn't exist. Upon further digging, he finds that yesterday morning, someone tried to change the pin (mine) associated with my number, but couldn't, because they didn't know my pin.
  Later in the day, they changed my pin successfully.
According to my phone guy, (a genius with phones) anyone working in any phone store can find a prepaid pin, just by punching in the phone number. There is no security against this. So apparently, some shitbag wanted their old number back, and another shitbag at at a phone store helped them get it.
   I waited in the store for about 35 minutes while he got transferred around to 4 or 5 different people at t mobil, with noone really able to help. Meanwhile, my dog was outside in the hot truck, so I said fuck it, and just got a new number.
 The obvious upside to this thing is, I have the shitbags phone number, and I'm going to carpetbomb it with every dirty, nasty, filthy bit of shit I can.
I'm open to any suggestions, as well.

The number now is attached to a Sprint account.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
So if you want some help bombing this number, I have completely legal things I could send from a google voice number that will make them hate themselves... all it takes is an IM.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Lemon party txts maybe?
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
My phone guy said if I know someone with an android, I could activate an account for $15, and theres an app that will send ten thousand emails to the number. Spaced out every minute or so. He said NOT to do it with your own account. Lol.
So far, the number just rings to a voicemailbox. I'm thinking the shitbag fucked up, and stole my account on the day the prepaid ended. I'm not giving out the number until someone pays up, and turns it back on. I'm going to be pissed if they don't do it. I'll have given up my number for nothing.
Lol. Being poor, I never expected to be the victim of identity theft.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
In before you get a $14,000 phone bill to Somalia.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, aren't you the one who had someone steal your cable or your info to open a cable account in another nearby town?

Someone out there has all your info and you're getting screwed
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Naw, he's in RI.  It's all Nigeria, PR, Mexico, Portugal, and Cape Verde there.

Link Posted: 8/21/2012 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP, aren't you the one who had someone steal your cable or your info to open a cable account in another nearby town?

Someone out there has all your info and you're getting screwed

Nope. Wrong guy. This is a prepaid phone plan.

Link Posted: 8/21/2012 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. You're familiar with RI, huh?
You forgot Honduras, and Guatemala.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lived in NP and Lincoln for three years.  Worked sales in an area that covered the NW of the state and went all the way east to CF and Pawtucket.

Link Posted: 8/21/2012 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lived in NP and Lincoln for three years.  Worked sales in an area that covered the NW of the state and went all the way east to CF and Pawtucket.

So it was you that stole my account? Prepare for hell!

Link Posted: 8/21/2012 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Set up a shit load of Craig list ads with his number.

That's on the agenda, but like I said, it's going straight to VM right now. I'm not wasting my time on a scumbag thief, until they put some $ in the account.
Being a prepaid account, they fucked up and stole it on the very last day it was prepaid. It's now "off" until they reup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top