Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2015 12:02:31 PM EDT
About a month ago she started sitting on the edge of the tub and looking around the shower curtain during my morning shower. Then it progressed from jumping in and right back out to sitting at the end of the tub, now she plays in the whole tub. From chasing soap bubbles to attacking the water going down the drain, we now have a soaking wet ball of fur running around the house every morning As an experiment to see if she liked water, we tried to give her a bath, it was a HUGE no go I guess there are boundaries
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:12:27 PM EDT
my homeless rescue cat that i saved from death on my patio two years ago during a snow storm and 5 lbs thinks she's a god now.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:14:20 PM EDT
Your title is redundant.

Cats are very much their own creatures - she's comfortable being around the water with you and even has fun, BUT DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO BATHE HER SENSITIVE SOUL!

I love cats, but they are bizarre.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:16:41 PM EDT

Cats.. They do WTF they want.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:18:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2015 12:19:09 PM EDT by mjohn3006]
I pick my cat up and begin "Forced cuddles". Where the cat goes between my wife and I on the bed and we pet her. She purrs a lot. but looks pissed. Meows angry, sometimes growls, sometimes hisses, just generally throws a fit in hatred of "Forced cuddles". The same cat will 5 minutes later jump up and put herself in the exact same situation, and that is just fine and dandy with no anger.

Her idea: Good
Our idea: Why the hell do you torture me hoomans?????
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:24:00 PM EDT
My male cat stalks the bathroom after someone is done in the shower.

He absolutely loves the tub after a shower.  However, if the shower is on and he is in the bathroom, he hides in the corner under the toilet where you can't get him. Hates a bath.

However, He loves sitting in a sink. (Wet or dry.)  It's his absolute favorite place to sit, both in the kitchen and bathroom(s).

He is the grumpiest reindeer-cat ever.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:24:25 PM EDT
All cats are weird.  End of story.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:25:18 PM EDT

Well, yeah.

Being weird is what being a cat is all about.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:27:09 PM EDT
FUCK YOU, NINE

FUCK YOU

TRIGGER WORDS

YOU KNOW THE PAIN I WENT THROUGH

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:30:27 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PNWRN:

Well, yeah.

Being weird is what being a cat is all about.
View Quote

Cats aren't weird, we are.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:33:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FlatDarkEarf:
FUCK YOU, NINE

FUCK YOU

TRIGGER WORDS

YOU KNOW THE PAIN I WENT THROUGH

View Quote

You were doing it wrong
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:41:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2015 12:42:07 PM EDT by Dieselman]
This is my cat Sam.  He's a full blood Siamese.  Smartest cat I have ever seen and very polite. He never meows. He never hisses or growls either.  He doesn't jump on somebody without permission. When he wants to get up on someone's lap he walks over and puts one front paw on the persons leg and waits for them to say its ok. He knows his name so well that if someone uses the name Sam in conversation and he hears it he will come over to the person with a look like, " you called me?"  He likes to play with our dog and is good with kids.  

But what he likes best of all is to get onto someone's lap and roll over on his back to have his belly rubbed.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:01:34 PM EDT
We've got two Siamese cats and a few months ago they are sitting in the kitchen floor and looking at the oven. This went on for a couple of days and it actually drove me nuts, I thought there was a mouse or something under it.  I moved it, cleaned under it, took out the drawer and nothing.  They then decided they didn't need to look at it anymore. Cats are weird, and make me weird too, and sometimes I catch them looking at me.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:04:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mjohn3006:
I pick my cat up and begin "Forced cuddles". Where the cat goes between my wife and I on the bed and we pet her. She purrs a lot. but looks pissed. Meows angry, sometimes growls, sometimes hisses, just generally throws a fit in hatred of "Forced cuddles". The same cat will 5 minutes later jump up and put herself in the exact same situation, and that is just fine and dandy with no anger.

Her idea: Good
Our idea: Why the hell do you torture me hoomans?????
View Quote

Yup...

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:44:56 PM EDT
My cat follows me around and wants to be with me everywhere I go
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:46:50 PM EDT
All cats are weird, I should know I've got one that's almost 17 years old.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:50:18 PM EDT
aren't they all?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:00:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2015 11:00:33 PM EDT by cdemarse]
I'll take a weird cat over my asshole cat.  She's a bitch.  I will be watching tv and she hops in my lap. Pet her for a while just purring away and all of a sudden BAM. bites me. She's a damn psycho.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:05:53 PM EDT
For a while mine like to jump onto my lap as I'm sitting on the crapper,they would ignore me the whole day but when I sit there they would open the door and jump up.

Glad that ended.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:16:38 PM EDT
Here's mine doing backflips on command.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:20:33 PM EDT
Cats are broken...
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:31:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By NwG:
Cats are broken...
View Quote

Jack and Pew are more broken than most cats, I suspect...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:41:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By NineLivez:
About a month ago she started sitting on the edge of the tub and looking around the shower curtain during my morning shower. Then it progressed from jumping in and right back out to sitting at the end of the tub, now she plays in the whole tub. From chasing soap bubbles to attacking the water going down the drain, we now have a soaking wet ball of fur running around the house every morning As an experiment to see if she liked water, we tried to give her a bath, it was a HUGE no go I guess there are boundaries
View Quote

What's not to like about a little pussy in the shower?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:57:11 AM EDT
Old farm house I used to live was built in 1918. I'm sure the interior doors and hardware were original. Had the old oblong shaped metal doorknobs.

Our cat Pookie figured out how to open closed doors. She would jump up and wrap both paws around the doorknob then swing back and forth until it opened.

That old place was spooky enough without waking up hearing your bedroom doorknob being slowly turned back and forth.  

She was a great cat. Found her several times outside just sitting calmly facing down rattlers. But I believe that's what finally got her. She had no fear of the things.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:01:11 AM EDT
All cats are weird.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:06:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:14:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:14:22 AM EDT
Your cat is a cat. There are no explanations for the stuff cats do. They're just, cats.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:21:41 AM EDT
How are there only 27 replies since when this topic originated? Ridiculous.

This topic needs to expand into even funkier cat stories and/or pictures, to the exclusion of disturbing, irrelevant pictures.

I will be waiting.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:28:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By noob5000000:

dafuq
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Know how I know you don't have a cat?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:30:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:33:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Sixtigers:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sixtigers:

4 of them . I do trim their claws, and one is declawed completely.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:53:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:00:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2015 3:01:13 AM EDT by MonFusil]
Originally Posted By Diesel:

Chain saw?
View All Quotes

Looks too clean for a chainsaw, and shows multiple cuts congruent with slashing/mauling.  Given the thread, I'd assume a big cat got playful.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:27:21 PM EDT
Our weirdo 18 year old cat will not eat anything except dry cat food and saltine crackers.

Turns his nose up at tuna.

Weird cat.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:40:51 PM EDT
My boy playing hide and seek.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:44:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By elcope:
Here's mine doing backflips on command.

http://youtu.be/v38FHPRQKSg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:46:29 PM EDT
It's okay.  Most cats think the same thing about their owners.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:49:13 PM EDT

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:50:59 PM EDT
Both of my dummies race into the bathroom when we flush the toilet.  They put their front paws up on the seat and watch the water go down.  One even bats at the water as its going down the drain.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:33:28 PM EDT
Cats do seem to like hanging out in showers. My sister's cat only wanted to drink water out of the bathtub. He'd beg you to run the shower so he could lap up the water.

Some cats want to drink out of the faucet. I read once that cats are attracted to moving/rushing water. They're weird.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:35:16 PM EDT
My first meme, taken through the front door this morning.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:38:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Fury_58:
Cats do seem to like hanging out in showers. My sister's cat only wanted to drink water out of the bathtub. He'd beg you to run the shower so he could lap up the water.

Some cats want to drink out of the faucet. I read once that cats are attracted to moving/rushing water. They're weird.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:42:35 PM EDT
At christmas time mine drinks the water that the christmas tree sits in.

After she poops she runs through the house at full speed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:43:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MonFusil:

Looks too clean for a chainsaw, and shows multiple cuts congruent with slashing/mauling.  Given the thread, I'd assume a big cat got playful.
View All Quotes

Cats are sharp on 5 ends.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:53:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JBski:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JBski:

The trick is to grab that fluffy sixth end for longer than 5-seconds.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:57:42 PM EDT
I have 2 of them. A big black and white tom and a Maine Coone mix-about 40 pounds between the two of them. We have to brace the couch against the wall, because when they chase each other around like a pair of crack heads, both of them combined are enough to knock the furniture over.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2015 11:07:21 PM EDT by superdav]
Some are stupid and mean, I found this one in my garage and thought this was a neighbors cat so after trying to pull the can off and it not working I get the tin snips and open it up enough to get it off without hurting it. The whole time the cat is calm and never makes a sound until......................... the can comes off
HOLYMOTHEROFGODGLOCKBOOMINACANHALLELUJ­AHOLYSHITWHERE'STHETYLENOL!!!!!!
The little demon bastard went NUTS! There is a fine line between special and crazy, this cat destroyed that line, it crossed the horizon of the black hole and wanted to obliterate everything in front of it. You think Gary Busey is crazy? You didn't witness this nuclear destruction. I threw the cat off of me across the garage and when it hit it started having a seizure then jumped about 3 foot in the air before it went Mach 7 out the garage in a smoke trail of demons. The cat turned out to be wild and must be a relative of the neighbors cause they look the same.

Now if I see a cat in a can, I'm calling the bomb squad.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:05:12 PM EDT
Pics of cat!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:51:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Fury_58:

View Quote

I have a cat that HAS to test the water level of anything that has water in it.   She wont just stick her face in a bowl and drink.   Has to dab with the paw then drink.

She also does it from time to time with kibble from food bowl.  Puts paw in and pulls out a kibble then eats it off the floor.  One piece at a time.
Top Top