Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2002 9:26:03 PM EDT
I need help ASAP...
the widows are broken out and I need to find a place to keep it safe overnight (its midnight here) Any ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you??
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#2]
oh and FYI the perpetators of this crime will become the subject of my wrath come tomorrow!

FWIW nothing was stolen, just trashed everything, cut alarm, opened hood trunk, and fuel tank my watch and sunglasses were still on the passenger seat.

YOU COCKSUCKERS WILL DIE!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#3]
dallas near lovers and central

i have freinds in lewisville and addison with "nicer" apartments, but im not sure if my fuel tank was given any "additives" so i dont want to drive all the way out there.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The closest members I can think of are in Plano.  Go check your fuel filler tube real careful for sugar.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey CJ, I live in Murphy, just east of Plano off 14th Street. You're welcome to bring it to my pad, brother.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there an all-night garage where you could have it towed? AAA?  Since you're worried about contaminated fuel you're going to want to have the tank drained anyway.  Or the towing company should have a yard.  Hope you can swing this OK.

Hey, wait a minute do you have comprehensive?  If so call the insurance company and tell them you want it towed and preserved before there is further damage.

The can get a company to seal it off (e.g. major plastic over the broken glass) in their yard, then clean it out and get the repair work started at a body shop.  And you pay your deductible (hope you're covered).
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#8]
im covered, but my insurance doesnt have 24 hour claims...
does anyone know or a reputable towing company in big D?

donr- without sounding totally stupid... who do i check the filler tube? just a visual with a flashlight? i couldnt see anything really...

jarhead- thanks for the offer man! but with the possibility of fuel contamination it may just have to stay under my window all night...

thanks, and thanks in advance!
(wow, you guys are always there in a pinch)
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
CJ... sorry to hear about this. Check your list and check it twice... who did you piss off lately. If you cant think of anyone in particular Check the other cars in the area, might be some punks just out for summertime fun.

Hope their "summertime fun" gets them some "summertime jailtime"

That is just some vicious vengeful crap.
View Quote

yah, im thinking it may be my wife who i am seperated from.  I did mention to her that i "expected" to get the engagement ring back when she finally files for divorce.  and whoever did this was looking to damage or fuck with mainly my stereo stuff.  it was all tossed around, but still there... weird...
plus, whoever did it popped the hood and cut the alarm siren and sprinkled nails and screws all around...

ARRRRGH!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, do you need any help walking firewatch?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, do you need any help walking firewatch?
View Quote

heh, not sure what that means...
but do i need any help exterminating theiving rodents... its nothing that mr. bushmaster can't handle.  (well with the help of signore benelli, and the topsy turvy heckler and koch)
heheheheheee
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Look at the filler tube real careful.  Since the prefered media is usually sugar, look for stray crystals.

I'd also take a good look around your oil filler.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#13]
All right. I IM'd you my cell phone number if you need help.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Car vandils suck. Someone broke into my truck about six months ago. And I'm still pissed. They broke up my stearing column on the blinker side. I have a theft lock key so they didn't get my truck. We'll I didn't have the money for my deductible. So my blinker dosen't work. So if your behind me. Don't get pissed I didn't use my blinker to turn. And when ever I buy a vehicle. I buy a locking gas cap. I suggest everyone else do the same.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#15]
As for your pole . You need to add.
Because scum lives among us.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#16]
yeah, i didnt have a locking gas cap because you have to get inside to open the filler door...
so I ASSumed that...

oh and how do i edit an allready posted poll?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Carbine 10,
Sounds like you got the same wanna be thief that got me about a year ago. All he did was break the plastic around my blinker. broke the loke on my door and that's it. Where in AZ are you?
Scott
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#18]
You can buy locking gas caps for any vechial relativly cheap at any auto parts store...

I work in one, and can get you a pretty decent discount if you would like one...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You can buy locking gas caps for any vechial relativly cheap at any auto parts store...

I work in one, and can get you a pretty decent discount if you would like one...
View Quote

i would like one for a 2001 acura integra please!
im or email me for where to send you the $
This will never happen again! (at least the gas cap part)

again, i will state, ar15.com you guys rule!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

i would like one for a 2001 acura integra please!
im or email me for where to send you the $
This will never happen again! (at least the gas cap part)

again, i will state, ar15.com you guys rule!
View Quote

Emailing you now...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#21]
No witnesses, I guess, & no security cams around.

I wonder if the ex has any cuts on her hands [:)]

Or if she'd get a weird expression or quirky voice if your car came into discussion without directly being the topic.

You are making a report, right?

If nothing else and it's safe, you could sleep in the car.

Otherwise some garbage bags and duct tape might help if there's a chance of rain.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Or if she'd get a weird expression or quirky voice if your car came into discussion without directly being the topic.

Otherwise some garbage bags and duct tape might help if there's a chance of rain.
View Quote

I'd recommend sitting outside with a blanket, cup of coffee, a camp fire, and an AR, lol...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

i should check her hands, heheheh
although she's gone AWOL because she is too cheap to pay her cell bill and she won't give me her curren phone...
i did make a police report, but we all know how useful that is in a big city
officer: "wow that sucks, who did YOU piss off"
me: "yes this does suck, i dont know"

i thought about sleeping in the car, but its just too damn hot out tonight, id wake up even more pissed than i am now!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Oh and about the engagement ring. TAKE THE MUTHAFUCKA! Its yours, you paid for it and it is an exchange for her hand in marriage. She doesnt want the marriage then she cant have the ring. SIMPLE!

Sorry I am going off on a rant here. I dont mean to preach when you are in a bad situation right now. Just hope what goes around, comes around... too bad most of the times we are not around to see it happen.
View Quote

well... my friends who are lawyers think there may be grounds for getting the ring back... and im willing to invest at least the cost of the ring 3500$ to not let the bitch keep it!

my dad seem to think i should take her to get it appraised as if i was going to "buy" it back from her.  and then just snatch it out of her hand and remind her about posession being 9/10ths of the law!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I've always been under the impression that locking gas caps aren't that great...not especially hard to pop off and stuff.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#27]
oh great, now you tell me!

btw- car alarms arent that great either!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Look at the filler tube real careful.  Since the prefered media is usually sugar, look for stray crystals.

I'd also take a good look around your oil filler.
View Quote

thanks Don for the call and the late night advice.

i will keep the AR15.com crew abreast of any developments :)
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
oh great, now you tell me!

btw- car alarms arent that great either!
View Quote

I might be wrong, or it might be certain caps.  Just know I went to get one one day and even the guy at the shop talked me out of getting one.  They didn't have one for my truck anyways, but he said overall they aren't that great to begin with.  Love guys that don't work on commision...[:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Locking gas caps can be opened easily with crude nail file....
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
dallas near lovers and central

i have freinds in lewisville and addison with "nicer" apartments, but im not sure if my fuel tank was given any "additives" so i dont want to drive all the way out there.
View Quote

I used to live in that area... [b]MOVE ASAP![/b]
I saw cars and Apts getting ripped off on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Locking caps are better than nothing and worth the minimal amount of money they cost.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#33]
call the cops yet to have them dust for prints?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
call the cops yet to have them dust for prints?
View Quote

in dallas with the lack of quality law enforcement, you'd be lucky to get your car dusted even if there was a body in the trunk!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#35]
The old sugar in the tank gag is mostly an urban legend nowadays. Fuel filters catch most of it and it takes quite a bit of sugar in the first place. Were I you I'd look *closely* into the filler tube and if I didn't see anything odd I'd drive it home. If you do see something odd just drive the tank dry. Sugar only harms an engine as it cools down. You can burn it out if she didn't put too much in. Sounds like her "friend" that she got to do this didn't know too much about vandalism. No brake fluid attack? Nails around the car? Bet "he" just put some water in the tank. Yellow of course.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Couple of points..
As previously posted, check the filler neck. If you don't see any sugar traces you're OK. Hard to be neat pouring sugar. Check an all-night gas station nearby. Ask if you can pay to park over night. Cover whole car with cheap tarp from Wally World.
Now this is the most important. Chill out! Revenge is a dish best savored cold. Wait. Verify. Verify. Wait. Then come down on the bastards like the hammer of God when they least expect it and in a manner they will not associate with you. Then, like the commercial goes, "rinse and repeat".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top