Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2005 5:24:35 PM EDT
I was laying down not expecting anyone to come over here. I thought I heard my front door open so I go look & didn't see anyone then I ask real loud if anyone is here but none answers. So I walk down stares & then I clearly hear someone walking around my kitchen. So I grab my steyr & go look. Still I don't see anyone so I start turning the lights on. I go outside to see if anyone else's car is in my driveway but there isn't. I'm thinking oh great just great someones in here. I start heading towards my bathroom halway to turn that light on with my gun half raised just then the fucking moron jumps outa the dark and yells "booga booga" a foot away from my face. I came so god damn close to shooting him just now. That was real fucking smart of him to do some shit like that. He's just lucky I have good trigger control the dumbass.

So then I go way to get yourself shot dumbass & he looks at the gun in my hand and says "oh that's great walk around your house with a loaded gun" So I'm like wtf am I supposed to do when I clearly hear someone in my house & there's no other car outside and none answers when I ask if someone's there.

<Modified the word SHIT in the title --Defcon>
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad you didnt have a shotgun with rubber bullets.....that would have been funny!.."booga, booga....OWE! SHIT that hurts!"
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
You two in the same trailer must be a hoot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My brother knows to knock on the door a billion times and just wait, rather than barge in.  This, despite the fact that he has a key.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
You didn't almost shoot him if you properly identified your target.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Some people just beg to be pistol whipped.  Was he adopted? From liberals?
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Family reunions must be fun.

That said, even on Halloween, he should've known better. I mean if he knocked on the door and scared you when you opened it - ok, fine.

But your brother actually thought, "Hey, I want to scare my bro! So I'll BREAK INTO HIS HOME AND SCARE HIM! Yeah! That sounds good!"?
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Some people just beg to be pistol whipped.  Was he adopted? From liberals?

Or buttstroked, depending on the firearm.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I agree
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#9]
My parents know that if they're coming to visit and I'm home when they get here, they must still ring the doorbell and wait for me to let them in, even though they're the only other people in the country with a key.

They also know to not be suprised if I have a 1911 (or a 590A1 at night) close at hand if they dont call ahead. They usually ring when they're 3-4 miles away.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]
my wife sent a co-worker over to pick up food, he made sure top yell loudly "Don't shoot, it's me Ryan" I still had a pistol in my hand the instant i heard the front door open
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#11]
You need a good dog.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2005 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
My landlord (also my aunt) came by to leave something for my cousin one day, I said "HELLO" 3 times, with no response, but I knew someone was there.  Freaked her out when she saw me holding my glock like that.  She always makes her presence known when she comes by now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Lock your doors.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Lock your doors.

Yeah I know I should have them locked at all times but I live in a really nice neighborhood & just let my guard down.  Not that locking them would do any good if someone really was determined to get it the entire back of my house has big sliding glass doors upstairs & down.  But the police department is literally  2 minutes away anyhow.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#16]
You need a steel trap to sit on the floor inside the door, when it chomps the shit out of his foot, he will announce himself with a loud piercing scream.  Then you can regale the family with tales of hijinks at Thanksgiving.  Now go have fun with your kin folks,,,,,,,,
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Too bad you didnt have a shotgun with rubber bullets.....that would have been funny!.."booga, booga....OWE! SHIT that hurts!"

Hmmm, except that 12ga rubber buckshot at arms length like he had would have done more that STUNG...it would likely have killed his brother as well as any lead bullet.

I commend him on his control and restraint.  ANYONE stupid enough to play a game like that is asking for a Darwin award.  I can't imagine that his brother didn't know he had guns..... I know of no one in my family that would pull a stunt like that... the family that have kets to my house will let themselves in if no answer and will be calling out as they walk in...wondering why I didn't get the door.

No Expert
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:...So I grab my steyr & go look.

Why did you grab a pistol?  I think I'd grab my M4.

PS - I understand - my brother is a dumbshit too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

i laughed up a rib when i read that one!

i would have winged him just as a lesson- but thats how you have to handle my brothers
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#20]
EVERY person that I've lived with or stays at my house has received "the talk". Meaning that they have been told to NEVER barge in, NEVER try to pull a surprise, NEVER come in unanounced and NEVER, NEVER try to surprise me.

I've told them all that I will shoot them. To this day, when my brother stays with me for the holidays, he walks around the house saying his name. One time he was staying in my basement and he phoned my cell-phone to tell me he was coming up to my bedroom late at night to get some NyQuill
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

oh my god
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#22]
My partner and I were searching a house once for a young man wanted on a warrant.  We are clearing the upstairs bedroom and my partner opens the closet door, when this fool jumps up and yells "BOO!"  The next sound he made was "URK!" as my partner stuck the muzzle of his gun into the idiot's windpipe.

My partner definitely has more trigger discipline than me; I know I would have put two rounds in his brain-pan.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I work odd hours, and anytime I come home at an unexpected time I call home before I walk in.  It gives Jody time to clear out, and also my wife knows not to shoot me.  

I have been with other people who have heard me on the phone, "Babe, I'll be home in 10 minutes, don't shoot."  They laugh and think I'm kidding.  I glare at them and say, "She'll shoot me in a heartbeat."  
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#24]
My Dad has a key to my apartment. Whenever he comes over he knocks, opens the door and announces himself in a somewhat loud voice and slowly enters. He came up with this procedure all on his own.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2005 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I damn near shot a friend of mine when he just "walked on in" one time, he dont pull that shit anymore
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

FACT. Lots of those "Less Than Lethal" rounds are absolutely lethal at close ranges.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lock your doors.

Yeah I know I should have them locked at all times but I live in a really nice neighborhood SO WHAT!?!? just let my guard down. Oops, yer brother almost paid for it with his life.  Not that locking them would do any good if someone really was determined to get it the entire back of my house has big sliding glass doors upstairs & down. You'd hear the smashing glass sound made when a lawn chair is thrown through them.  But the police department is literally  2 minutes away anyhow. The building is. The cars with the cops in them aren't. The cops in the building staff it. The desk officer is just that, a desk officer will not go out on a call. His desk needs him. The guys on patrol could be anywhere, and per Murphy's law, there's never a cop around when you need one.

Hope you don't kill anyone you love next time!

Link Posted: 10/31/2005 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lock your doors.

Yeah I know I should have them locked at all times but I live in a really nice neighborhood SO WHAT!?!? just let my guard down. Oops, yer brother almost paid for it with his life.  Not that locking them would do any good if someone really was determined to get it the entire back of my house has big sliding glass doors upstairs & down. You'd hear the smashing glass sound made when a lawn chair is thrown through them.  But the police department is literally  2 minutes away anyhow. The building is. The cars with the cops in them aren't. The cops in the building staff it. The desk officer is just that, a desk officer will not go out on a call. His desk needs him. The guys on patrol could be anywhere, and per Murphy's law, there's never a cop around when you need one.

Hope you don't kill anyone you love next time!

No he didn't almost pay with his life because I didn't have my door locked . He almost paid with his life because he jumps out of a dark hallway yelling booga booga. Next time? What next time? None else in my family would be stupid enough to do some shit like that! You talk like I emptied a magazine into the darkness then went to see if I hit anyone.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I think there was enough blame to go around on this one, considering you didn't lock your door and all. But to be honest with you, my brother would not have left my house with less than a major ass kicking!!!
 Dumb fuck should answer when you called out!!! I don't give a fuck if it is Holloween, that's a good way to get your ass shot. I hope your dumb ass brother understands that now.
And you need to learn to lock your door!!!!......Darwin awards indeed!!!...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#31]

I have two shooting buddies that practically do Challenge & Password whenever they go over to each other's houses.  I pity the fool that tries to do a home invasion on them.  Both of them are combat vets.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:27:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
My brother knows to knock on the door a billion times and just wait, rather than barge in.  This, despite the fact that he has a key.

+1  My brother calls first with the "don't shoot me" call.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:31:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
My Dad has a key to my apartment. Whenever he comes over he knocks, opens the door and announces himself in a somewhat loud voice and slowly enters. He came up with this procedure all on his own.

Ditto with my in-laws, they know the drill.

I warned 'em, I am a Sound Shooter!!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:45:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#35]
My idiot neighbor decides he wants to play alarm clock for me a couple of years ago. It's about 3am (he knew I left for work at that time)and the power went out due to a thunderstorm/lightning, he bangs on the frame around the bedroom window. Since it was hot as hell I had it open about halfway, I'll never forget the look on his face when he realized the barrel of a Ruger GP100 .357 magnum was mere inches away from his dome.

Needless to say he's never played alarm clock again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

^
^
^
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I was laying down not expecting anyone to come over here. I thought I heard my front door open so I go look & didn't see anyone then I ask real loud if anyone is here but none answers. So I walk down stares & then I clearly hear someone walking around my kitchen. So I grab my steyr & go look. Still I don't see anyone so I start turning the lights on. I go outside to see if anyone else's car is in my driveway but there isn't. I'm thinking oh great just great someones in here. I start heading towards my bathroom halway to turn that light on with my gun half raised just then the fucking moron jumps outa the dark and yells "booga booga" a foot away from my face. I came so god damn close to shooting him just now. That was real fucking smart of him to do some shit like that. He's just lucky I have good trigger control the dumbass.

So then I go way to get yourself shot dumbass & he looks at the gun in my hand and says "oh that's great walk around your house with a loaded gun" So I'm like wtf am I supposed to do when I clearly hear someone in my house & there's no other car outside and none answers when I ask if someone's there.

spelling & grammar,  spelling & grammar  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Don't you boys have greeters...?!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow.   Where the F did this thread come from - its like two months old.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

And has Shit in the title
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Glad nobody was shot .I hope you learn better home defence.I say if they can get through the three or four levels of defence I have set up they need to be shot!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:09:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
My idiot neighbor decides he wants to play alarm clock for me a couple of years ago. It's about 3am (he knew I left for work at that time)and the power went out due to a thunderstorm/lightning, he bangs on the frame around the bedroom window. Since it was hot as hell I had it open about halfway, I'll never forget the look on his face when he realized the barrel of a Ruger GP100 .357 magnum was mere inches away from his dome.

Needless to say he's never played alarm clock again.

Stupid: Yes

Thoughtful: Yes.  I should have neighbors that are considerate enough to make sure I get out the door to work on time if the power goes out and my alarm clock shuts off.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I was doing a search on the keyword 'brother' since I have an old thread with that in the title.  I found this one and posted in it, and read several other interesting threads as well.  It's amazing how much I miss on this site, even considering the amount of time I spend on it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Man that sucks.  Good thing you did not shoot him.

Max
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:18:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Adrenaline can play some neat tricks with perception.  Don't count on these things when playing games with a good shot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#46]
+1 for a little friendly brotherly kick in the nuts!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I have two shooting buddies that practically do Challenge & Password whenever they go over to each other's houses.  I pity the fool that tries to do a home invasion on them.  Both of them are combat vets.

Flash
Thunder?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I was laying down not expecting anyone to come over here. I thought I heard my front door open so I go look & didn't see anyone then I ask real loud if anyone is here but none answers. So I walk down stares & then I clearly hear someone walking around my kitchen.

Your brother's life might have been spared, but you managed to seriously wound the english language.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#49]
A few years ago, I was too drunk to drive, so I decided to stay at my mother's house.  I called her, and she said "come on over" in a sleepy voice.  I stumbled into her house at 3 AM, and her boyfriend came down the steps with a pistol drawn.  Apparently, my mother never bothered to tell him that I was coming over.

He said that his finger was on the trigger and that he had started to squeeze, but he figured out that it was just me at the last possible split-second.  He was pretty shaken, I was too drunk to care.  My mother's house has been "cat burglarized" several times over the years, so he had every reason to believe that I was a burglar.

Even though it almost cost me my life, I was glad that someone was there to protect my mother in the event that it was a real burglar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top