Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2003 7:00:48 PM EDT
I'm an auto mechanic for a used car lot and I keep a Taurus PT99 9mm in my toolbox at work. I also have a concealed firearms permit. My boss happened to be standing behind me when I opened the side drawer of my toolbox and noticed the gun. I thought my ass was cooked, but it turns out he has a concealed permit too! Now, we're goin shootin this weekend. Finally, things are going my way.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep the boxed locked while away from it, right?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Keep the boxed locked while away from it, right?
View Quote

I sure as hell hope so!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The gun cost me $250, the tools cost me $6,000. You're damn right it's locked when I'm away...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#4]
wow
now u guys can crack gun jokes all day
[BD]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I to am a Mechanic, and my boss keeps a 12ga behind the door.
I keep 45 in the drower.
My tools are worth around 15,000.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Hummm......so tools are worth a lot huh? [):)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Let him out shoot you, & praise his every shot. When he starts talking about betting on target scores, & after the a few losses to him triple the bet, & then sink his battle ship[;D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, guys that dont wrench have no idea what tools are worth. Not only are they worth lots of money, they belong to you like your guns belong to you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Professional tools are always big bucks.

My tool kit I take to work every day has about $1500 in knives/cooking tools.

And my kit is SMALL

Some chefs I have have worked for have over $7000 in tool kits.

You bet us pros watch our tools!

Good deal on your boss...he knows how to protect his bussiness!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:04:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Careful you don't have a CONFEDERATE FLAG decal inside the tool box. Some 'bro might be offended!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:38:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Twenty five years ago when I was a John Deere mechanic I purchased a set of Snap-On  tools. This set included some very big and special tools, and cost me a forune then. I would hate to, or maybe not, see the price of them now. I do know I would not like to have to replace them now.... fullclip

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:21:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't know what kind of a car lot you work for, but the tools may not be the problem.  Some of these guys work on a Cash basis, or take payments on their cars....

We (wife and I) had a friend who's father owned a car lot (small gravel lot).  Someone came in and beat them so severely that both have permanant brain damage.  She was about 8 months pregnant at the time, delivered a healthy baby while she was still comatose.  We don't know (or the Police either) if it was an attempted robbery gone bad, a revenge thing (her Ex husband was fairly dirty and reportedly into drugs).

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:36:36 AM EDT
[#15]
When I ran a dealership service dept. Out of 24 techs, 8 had a pistols in their box one guy used to keep his mac on hand . I sold 4 tech colts of mine  2 .357 and 2 .45 I didnt make any money on them I lost money on the two .357's but it was nice to know they were out there. I had more than on person threaten to come down and shot me. One guy really did show up with a gun. He never pulled it, the cross fire would have been ugly.

Dont get me started on tools !!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn rip off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top