Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2015 1:52:36 PM EDT
Here's the latest article at my Michigan Firearms Examiner page.

I tried to go beyond the typical "buyers guides" article and actually talk about the things that matter when picking binoculars.

How to pick the best hunting binoculars

"The importance of hunting binoculars cannot be overstated. A good pair of binoculars will hold up to harsh conditions, be easy to use without eyestrain and, most importantly, help you spot and identify game.

There is more to picking a set of binoculars than finding the highest magnification at the lowest cost. To find out more about how design, build quality and optical considerations play a role I talked to experts from two of the leading optics manufacturers: Adam Goess is the SRO Product Manager at Nikon and Shane Meisel is the Brand Manager for Binoculars at Leupold & Steven."
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Very good article, factual, organized, and presented well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very good article, factual, organized, and presented well.
View Quote

Thanks, appreciated that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
One bump for the night crew
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.  My favorite pair of binos are my now discontinued Vortex Razor 8.5x50s.  I used them far more than my 15x50 Vortex Vipers.  I do keep a set of beater Russian binos in my truck for travel, as I like to guess antelope, mule deer and elk horn quality when I see them along the back roads in NM and AZ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top