Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/2/2004 3:07:59 PM EST
The old guy behind my house lot he has a lot of "old growth" pine trees.
The branches reach over into my yard and the other yards around his house.

One of the new neighbors came over today and talked with my wife for about 5 minutes.
From the conversation my wife got this about the new neighbor:

She's a Democrat (but not a Kerry supporter - she's a DEAN supporter).

She can't stand the noise of the jets (we don't live anywhere near the flight paths of the local Navy base, however, the station SAR helos do use the main street outside the subdivision as a navigation aid.

She's upset because the pine trees are dropping needles and sap on her car she parks on the street - (her driveway has none of the pine trees overhanging it, but she wants to keep it clear so her kids have a "safe place" to play).

She asked my wife if we wanted to get together with her to force the old guy neighbor to cut down the trees.....

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:11:18 PM EST
Did she buy that house at night? WTF? That's like the idiots that move to the country for the fresh country air. Then when they find out that fresh country air smells like cow shit, tractor exaust and dust they bitch and moan.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:14:48 PM EST
Can't make him cut down the trees, but it would not be unreasonable to ask him to cut them back so that they do not overhang into your property.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:16:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:17:05 PM EST
New to the neighborhood and already pissing and moaning. Expect things to get worse... much worse.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:18:18 PM EST
my condolences dude. Your life just became hell.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:18:42 PM EST
They don't overhang on her property, they overhang on the street in front of her house, to the side of her property (that's city land).
She could park her car in the driveway or on the street to the other side of her property.

Originally Posted By thelastgunslinger:
Can't make him cut down the trees, but it would not be unreasonable to ask him to cut them back so that they do not overhang into your property.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:19:34 PM EST
Well then fuck her.

Originally Posted By KA3B:
They don't overhang on her property, they overhang on the street in front of her house, to the side of her property (that's city land).
She could park her car in the driveway or on the street to the other side of her property.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:19:55 PM EST
Perhaps I can get one of my EA-6B pilot type friends to do a flyover....

Originally Posted By LoginName:
New to the neighborhood and already pissing and moaning. Expect things to get worse... much worse.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:21:25 PM EST
Put her in her place NOW!!!

My parents used to always carry on about how "you have to be nice to your neighbors..."

BULLSHIT!!! They have to be nice to me! Golden Rule??? anyone???

If she is gonna affect your quality of life, cut it short now. Don't wait till she gets her damn lawyers involved
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:25:49 PM EST

And your new neighbor is from where...?

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:28:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Did she buy that house at night? WTF? That's like the idiots that move to the country for the fresh country air. Then when they find out that fresh country air smells like cow shit, tractor exaust and dust they bitch and moan.

How true! My children and I were driving thru Riverside Calif(one of the biggest milk producing regions in Kali-fornai), and the kids goes, "dad, what's that awful smell?" And I told them, "that is the 'country smell.'" They go "oh."
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:30:02 PM EST
Sheesh, I know the feeling.......

People around here dont like me to much, WHY? well could be I tell them to mind their own business....

I do have a cool elderly couple in the house next to mine, they mind their own busines and I mind mine, we say HI, and every now and then gather at the property line to shoot the shit for a bit...

I also keep an eye on them in bad weather.... good people...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:32:07 PM EST

She can't stand the noise of the jets (we don't live anywhere near the flight paths of the local Navy base, however, the station SAR helos do use the main street outside the subdivision as a navigation aid.

She's upset because the pine trees are dropping needles and sap on her car she parks on the street - (her driveway has none of the pine trees overhanging it, but she wants to keep it clear so her kids have a "safe place" to play).

She asked my wife if we wanted to get together with her to force the old guy neighbor to cut down the trees.....

Gee, why did she buy the house to begin with? I bet she bought the house, with the intention of gathering the neighbors to rein the old guy.

Me? I would tell her nicely to f'ck off.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:39:46 PM EST
Oh boy....talk about typical demokook neighbors. I am assuming she has not even took the time to politely speak to the old man about her "problem" with his trees? Probably not, the whiney assed liberal wants to build a "protest group" first, and then "force" the poor old guy into cutting back his trees.

It would probably just stir up some more potential problems...but next time you see her talking with your wife quickly drag out every AR15 you have and put them all over the table like you are cleaning them. Then call out and invite her in for coffee.

If that does not work you could just put up a Bush election sign in your front yard

+1 for the fly-by!!!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:40:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 3:44:36 PM EST by lippo]

The old guy behind my house lot he has a lot of "old growth" pine trees.
The branches reach over into my yard and the other yards around his house.

One of the new neighbors came over today and talked with my wife for about 5 minutes.
From the conversation my wife got this about the new neighbor:

She's a Democrat (but not a Kerry supporter - she's a DEAN supporter).

She asked my wife if we wanted to get together with her to force the old guy neighbor to cut down the trees..... (Typical democrat. Always wanting to force their views on others and always only thinking of themselves. AND yeah, why can't the old guy just cut the branches back on her property? Stupid witch!)

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:42:36 PM EST

Yup. If it overhands your property, you can cut it back to the property line.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:54:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By warlord:

Originally Posted By Pangea:

How true! My children and I were driving thru Riverside Calif(one of the biggest milk producing regions in Kali-fornai), and the kids goes, "dad, what's that awful smell?" And I told them, "that is the 'country smell.'" They go "oh."

Perhaps you were thinking of Norco? I was born and raised in Riverside California. We are know for our oranges not our cows.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:03:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:05:11 PM EST

Or cut them yourself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:16:56 PM EST
Tell her to go fist herself.

I HATE busy bodies, especially things like this. If the tree isn't overhanging her property, she should STFU and mind her own business.

Obviously the idiot doesn't know what value those trees have - and in more ways than just dollars.

Dammit I hate these kinds of people.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:20:54 PM EST
You need to find out if the old guy is a bush supporter.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:23:14 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:24:12 PM EST
If anything hangs on her property, it is called encroachment. And she has every right to cut them herself. Even if it ends up killing the whole tree. If it is hanging on city property, she needs to take that up with the city. Why the hell would she want her kids playing in the street anyway? If she means playing in the sidewalk and strip that is 'city owned' it is really an easement and the guy still owns the land above and below the encroachment, therefore they cannot make him cut the trees legally.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:27:13 PM EST

and accidentally hit the "drop ordinance" button
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:36:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By LoginName:

+1

What ever happened to people minding their own business? Sheesh. Unfortunatly it sounds like you're going to have to keep on eye on this fruit loop. Today it's the neighbor, tomorrow it might be YOU. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:37:58 PM EST
Make sure all of the neighbors around there know what's she been doing. She's probably started other crap with them, but they think it's a lone act. If they find out everything she's doing, they'll understand how her take her future 'requests'.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:47:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By MrKandiyohi:
Make sure all of the neighbors around there know what's she been doing. She's probably started other crap with them, but they think it's a lone act. If they find out everything she's doing, they'll understand how her take her future 'requests'.

+1. Hell, take it a step further and complain about her - noise ordinance stuff, parking violations, etc. Basically, find anyone she'd be bitching to and make her look like a total freaking nutjob to them in advance. Once her credibility's gone, it's just a matter of ignoring the whining sounds....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:56:06 PM EST
That would be silly, seeing as the EA-6B only carries HARM missiles.

Originally Posted By sharky30:

and accidentally hit the "drop ordinance" button

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:59:57 PM EST
Stuff it in her pooper and post pics - I did!
Top Top