Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2014 6:58:21 AM EDT
A lot of people have been mentioning in the Official Black Friday thread that the PSA shipping costs suck...and it isn't particularly cheap, I agree....

That having been said, I almost feel like the days of PSA's old shipping horror is over (the month+ club). I think the costs are actually contributing to better shipping times.

I bought 1200 rounds of 9mm and 10 magazines late Friday night. I believe shipping was around $20-$30...I made a separate order last night for an Eotech and .22lr. I received an email from PSA just a few minutes ago that had tracking info for BOTH of those orders...

I will have to see how it all actually arrives but I have been seeing a few others also talk about how much the shipping times have improved (that seemed to be the biggest gripe people have had about PSA in the past). So while a super cheap or free shipping option would be nice for those purchases that can wait weeks, I also can tell that the extra money is going towards getting the order faster. Just an FYI to some of those that held off...I don't think their sales will get that low since their regular prices and daily deals are already low. I know sometimes the shipping costs magically increase and product costs magically decline and vice versa....I don't feel that is the case here.

I'm also sick and can't go to sleep so while I'd normally not post this, I figured it was worth sharing my experience.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered 3 Bushnell TRS-25s and an AR pistol buffer tube....
Last week .... like an excited little kid on Christmas morning I opened the big box and.....
a Bushnell TRS-25 with highrise mount and a classic lower parts kit were inside.
I called PSA and waited for 10 minutes on hold.
The very nice woman had a helluva time figuring out what I was telling her (I did NOT order the high rise mount version)
She sent me a UPS label..... lets hope they get it right this time as the shipping on this order is KILLING their profit margin....lol
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered an upper and it shipped 2 days later...but it cost $24 to ship.  I would rather pay less and wait.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
have recently purchased 4 orders with them for ammo and parts, all arrived with in a week as ordered at the price specified..
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I purchased two LPKs and shipping was $8.50. Now lets just hope I get the correct LPKs.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I live maybe an hour or hour and a half from them.  They charged $17 to ship a lower while DSG arms is shipping me a complete 16" upper from TX for $5.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I think it is capitalism at work...boxes and shipping material and shipping costs are not cheap.   They are driving the industry prices down, and they have to make it up somewhere.  EBay users have been doing this for years.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Folks demanded faster shipping from PSA and you will get it but it will come at a cost. Gotta pay the peeps that box-up your low-cost widget.

It amazes me folks are more often than not too stupid to add in shipping (and transfer if it's a gun) to the "low cost" advertised price.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#8]
None of my orders from them have taken more than 3 days to ship out. I'm okay with that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#9]
They were always slow shipping to me, but they always got it right too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Their shipping costs have always been high. That is of course if you don't get one of their free shipping weekends.  They usually raise prices at the same time they do free shipping to make it a wash. I'd rather wait a few weeks and get slow shipping but save some money.  That said, I have 3 orders inbound for their black Friday sales, all out the door within 2 days.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a pair of identical uppers from them in October (for two builds for my sons).

4 weeks later in November (last week), 1 upper arrived and then a few days later I got an email saying they oversold and were cancelling the other upper.

So much for building twin rifles for the boys.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top