Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 5:07:34 PM EDT
After having a disturbing dream about the parents of the school my child attends, I came up with a good practical joke to play on my wife.  When we were together, this "letter" showed up on our door this evening and she read it first:

Dear Xxxxxx Parent,

You are being contacted, because like many of us, you are a young-vibrant couple with a child who attends Xxxxxx Elementary.  As you are aware, the families at Xxxxxx are very close.  This helps to make the school a friendly and productive place for our children.

You have been selected to participate in something called the “Xxxxxx Parent’s Club”.  Although you may not wish to participate after hearing the facts, you will probably reconsidering once you consider the possible recurring affect it will have on your child, both socially and educationally.  We do not like to alienate our children, but parents who do not join will find their children not as accepted as children from parents who belong.

Here are the “rules” of the club.  You will bring your partner to a designated home once a month where we all meet.  When you walk in the door you will be asked for your male partner’s set of keys.  These keys will be placed in a large, glass bowl.  After two hours of socializing, the keys will be picked out, one-by-one, by a female club member.  The owner of those keys will leave with that female club member.  What happens after that is up to them.  We always believe in respecting limits and not crossing any lines, but to be blunt, this is about sexual experiences.

The females are to work out any hotel/motel arrangements beforehand.  You will be given a list of hotel/motels that have not been chosen by a club member, within a few miles of the airport.

Protection, cleanliness and respecting limits are our rules, so please abide by them.

You will be contacted on Saturday evening about the next meeting.

For our children,
A “Friend”

I came clean a few minutes after she told me to read it.  Of course when I was reading it, I acted shocked and could not believe they would do this.  I almost went as far to tell her that we have to do it, "for our child", but didn't have the stones.

So, should she be mad at me, or should she laugh with me because it was a pretty damn funny practical joke?

Eric  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh shit....tag.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
BAD joke to play!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Bad taste and might make her think you are bringing up the lifestyle just to get a reaction.

Had she said "cool" What would you have said next?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
After having a disturbing dream about the parents of the school my child attends, I came up with a good practical joke to play on my wife.  When we were together, this "letter" showed up on our door this evening and she read it first:

Dear Xxxxxx Parent,

You are being contacted, because like many of us, you are a young-vibrant couple with a child who attends Xxxxxx Elementary.  As you are aware, the families at Xxxxxx are very close.  This helps to make the school a friendly and productive place for our children.

You have been selected to participate in something called the “Xxxxxx Parent’s Club”.  Although you may not wish to participate after hearing the facts, you will probably reconsidering once you consider the possible recurring affect it will have on your child, both socially and educationally.  We do not like to alienate our children, but parents who do not join will find their children not as accepted as children from parents who belong.

Here are the “rules” of the club.  You will bring your partner to a designated home once a month where we all meet.  When you walk in the door you will be asked for your male partner’s set of keys.  These keys will be placed in a large, glass bowl.  After two hours of socializing, the keys will be picked out, one-by-one, by a female club member.  The owner of those keys will leave with that female club member.  What happens after that is up to them.  We always believe in respecting limits and not crossing any lines, but to be blunt, this is about sexual experiences.

The females are to work out any hotel/motel arrangements beforehand.  You will be given a list of hotel/motels that have not been chosen by a club member, within a few miles of the airport.

Protection, cleanliness and respecting limits are our rules, so please abide by them.

For our children,
A “Friend”

I came clean a few minutes after she told me to read it.  Of course when I was reading it, I acted shocked and could not believe they would do this.  I almost went as far to tell her that we have to do it, "for our child", but didn't have the stones.

So, should she be mad at me, or should she laugh with me because it was a pretty damn funny practical joke?

Eric  

Let us know how funny the couch feels.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
dude that's fucking hilarious
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
This is gonna get good!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#7]
While it's funny, it depends on your relationship with your wife and her sense of humor.  If she has none, ask the dog to move over.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe that there is "Male Humor" and there is "Female Humor".
I think this definitely falls under the category of "Male Humor".
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#9]

That's fucking hysterical!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#10]
11 of you voted for option 1?  you whipped pussies
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dear Xxxxxx Parent,

For our children,
A “Friend”

Eric  hr
\
Yeah, i think i would have been a little appalled at that at first, but, I don't think I could have believed it was true. But, when you told me you did it I would think it was funnier than crap then!!! Cute, but not until you tell her. Little creepy before you tell her.+
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#12]
you have already distributed this letter to the entire PTA haven't you?
admit it.  we all know you have.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1.

However, my wife would have laughed about it and rolled her eyes. They key here, is knowing your mate. I know where the line is. If his wife is angry, then he crossed that line. There's no way in hell I'm going to rationalize a woman's emotions. If she's mad, she has every right to be.

Me? I think it's funny as hell, and I'll probably try the same damn thing when my daughter is in school.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#14]
If you have to ask, you're wrong.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Her reaction to this letter will give you a glimpse of the joy/hell that is the rest of your life or how nasty the divorce will be.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Pretty funny    I'd have laughed too.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny, but since it's male humor it's always wrong.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Aww come on...... you don't find it even the least bit humorous ?

I mean seriously, it's so ridiculous how could anyone even think for a second that it was real ?

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I have to admit, I thought it was funny. But, I don't have the normal "female" sense of humor.

If your wife thinks you're dropping hints about a lifestyle change, she could see it as a threat to your relationship. Reassurance would be a good thing. Buying your wife flowers is a nice thing to do, even if she's not mad at you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Perhaps shes disappointed.
Maybe you should be worried....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Bad taste and might make her think you are bringing up the lifestyle just to get a reaction.

Had she said "cool" What would you have said next?

Yeah WTF would he have done if she opened the door he unlocked?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I know her well enough where she wouldn't have said "cool", let's do it.

We went to Target and picked-up some Chinese food, so I was not able to respond right away.

A few minutes after I posted she told me that she isn't really mad, just that she feels like a fool when I "get her" like that.  I told her the truth, that if she wasn't the coolest woman around I wouldn't do stuff like that.  Just that quick and she loved me again...  

Don't forget, this is the same woman who built me a reloading bench from scratch, by hand and put it in our bedroom so I didn't have to deal with her woodworking dust out in the garage.

I will still make up for it this weekend, by doing the stuff I normally do, like make her tea when I get up in the morning and little stuff like that.

I'm one of the lucky ones!!

Now, had she really said, "cool, let's try it"...  That would have been the biggest backfire of any joke I've ever played!  

Eric  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I mean seriously, it's so ridiculous how could anyone even think for a second that it was real ?

Sorry, that's the general rule of thumb!! If you question being right, then you're obviously wrong... 'cause when you're right, you know you're right.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#26]
In all arguments, you are always wrong... if you don't think so, just ask her.

OK, grovel a little, tell her you're sorry, take her out to dinner, all that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#28]
no, you're always right because you're the MAN of the house.  That's all their is.  Put the woman in her place.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Funny joke...

Your a dick...

Did I say funny joke? Not cool, but funny.

Disrespect a wonder woman...

I predict in 6 months to a year, you'll be on the site telling everyone how your wife banged some guy from the school and is leaving you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Funny joke...

Your a dick...

Did I say funny joke? Not cool, but funny.

Disrespect a wonder woman...

I predict in 6 months to a year, you'll be on the site telling everyone how your wife banged some guy from the school and is leaving you.

I've been acting this way since we first met, 5 years ago, so if she was going to do some banging, it would have happened already.

Sorry you're so bitter, personal experience I presume?

Eric  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Your fucked
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Watch your back, she might be seeking revenge...embarrising revenge.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Funny, but since it's male humor it's always wrong.

+1

buy flowers or something.  

any women gonna chime in on thsi one?
I may have missed it if you already did...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#34]
My girlfriend would have laughed ..Then waited awhile to get me back.

But then she has a sense of humor and can take a joke..
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
11 of you voted for option 1?  you whipped pussies

I voted option 1.

But it is sure as hell, funny!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
dude that's fucking hilarious

Damn right.

My 'wife' never appreciated my quirky sense of humor. Lame-ass.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#37]
So she turns around and says "Honey, I have something to tell you."

Now that would have been a good joke!

(Don't play ball if you aren't prepared to catch as well as throw.)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:55:06 AM EDT
[#38]
That joke is a product of a truly demented mind.

Good job! You are the KING

I don't even have the balls to pull that on my wife.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#39]
You still have your right hand....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Well first off the woman's always right or at least that's what you need to make her feel. I voted #2 but you should still get her something 'cause she ain't got much of a sense of humor IMHO anyway. I think it was funny.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, that's the general rule of thumb!! If you question being right, then you're obviously wrong... 'cause when you're right, you know you're right.

I don't think this is question of right or wrong really it questions one's sense of humor. Once she realized it was a joke, she should have laughed and just shrugged it off. But I have a woman with an awesome sense of humor that gets me and my off the wall sense of humor and she finds this funny so I know I'm not too far off base with this one. Just my 2¢.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Oh shit....tag.

+1 as this will be a good thread that get locked in 5 pages.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Any good jokes pulled on the mrs. have to be made up for in some way.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Hilarious....actually sounds like something I would have done....

I pull practical jokes on my GF all the time....she only gets mad b/c she realizes how gullible she is sometimes...but then just as quick she's laughing with me.

So since nobody's asked....How hot are the other mothers in the PTA?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Right...wrong...all I know is you are so not gonna get laid for a while.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#46]
I thought it was funny, I would've told my man, "We should do it!  I'm going to go buy a new outfit for it...  You should shave...     stuff."
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Boy, that's a BIG no shitter!

There's serious penalty markers out for this one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top