Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/13/2005 8:28:47 PM EDT
So today I get called onto to repair appliances on a Yacht... not just ANY Yacht... this sucker was 98 feet long and they are getting a new one built for them. Get this... you know why? Because this one is too small... the new one is gonna be about 125 feet long!!

The captain of the boat is real cool.. apparently so are the owners. They caught 75 Mahi-Mahi at one time and they decided to pull into port and GIVE it to the townspeople that lived there.. some ppor town in Mexico. The townspeople know that when this boat pulls in, they have some good eats on board for them.

The PICTURES this guy has is INCREDIBLE of some of the places they have been... he actually has one of the owners on the bow of the boat touching an iceberg in Alaska... my buddy asked the captain "Ummm havent you heard of a ship called the Titanic? What are you doing close to an iceberg?

One time when I was fixing the dishwasher, I told them that the parts are on backorder and that it may take 2 weeks to get the parts... He said "Well we are leaving for Cabo in a week and if its not fixed, we are gonna have to fly you down there to fix it".. I just laughed it off. Until the television repair guys said "Dont laugh, he's not kidding. We are from Seattle. they paid for us to fly down here and put us up in a 4 star hotel"

Must be nice to have that kind of money AND to be nice about it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:29:53 PM EDT
I don't know any people like that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:37:48 PM EDT
I'm pretty sure I'd be like that with big money. most of the fun of money is being able to get stuff for people and "make thier day" so to speak.

I'd sure like to find out though!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:40:32 PM EDT
Nice to know people like that.

Max
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:43:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DrFrige:
So today I get called onto to repair appliances on a Yacht... not just ANY Yacht... this sucker was 98 feet long and they are getting a new one built for them. Get this... you know why? Because this one is too small... the new one is gonna be about 125 feet long!!

The captain of the boat is real cool.. apparently so are the owners. They caught 75 Mahi-Mahi at one time and they decided to pull into port and GIVE it to the townspeople that lived there.. some ppor town in Mexico. The townspeople know that when this boat pulls in, they have some good eats on board for them.

The PICTURES this guy has is INCREDIBLE of some of the places they have been... he actually has one of the owners on the bow of the boat touching an iceberg in Alaska... my buddy asked the captain "Ummm havent you heard of a ship called the Titanic? What are you doing close to an iceberg?

One time when I was fixing the dishwasher, I told them that the parts are on backorder and that it may take 2 weeks to get the parts... He said "Well we are leaving for Cabo in a week and if its not fixed, we are gonna have to fly you down there to fix it".. I just laughed it off. Until the television repair guys said "Dont laugh, he's not kidding. We are from Seattle. they paid for us to fly down here and put us up in a 4 star hotel"

Wow..just wow...

Ben
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:44:44 PM EDT
I only know one guy like that, inherited his dad's corporation and he let's me and my dad deer hunt on his 500 acres he bought for the sole reason of duck hunting on the little pond there
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 8:46:30 PM EDT by DrFrige]

Originally Posted By maxell27:

Max

Oh I dont know them... I just fix the appliances and deal with the Captain. Btw, the bridge of this monster resembles the cockpit of a 747... lots of toys and gadgets...

He also had this picture of a dolphin that is UNBELIEVABLE! I asked him to send me a copy of it if he can... I swear you would think it was a photoshop but its not.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 8:53:32 PM EDT by parshooter]
...\\

scratch that ....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:54:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By maxell27:

Max

Oh I dont know them... I just fix the appliances and deal with the Captain. Btw, the bridge of this monster resembles the cockpit of a 747... lots of toys and gadgets...

He also had this picture of a dolphin that is UNBELIEVABLE! I asked him to send me a copy of it if he can... I swear you would think it was a photoshop but its not.

Damn, I was an Electronics Technician in the Coast Guard for 6 years, if they ever have any electronics problems tell them to drop a line to Lanceman@ar15.com I will let them fly me down to work on it
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:55:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:59:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrsGloftoe:
I vote those parts not come in until they're in Cabo, even if they're sitting in your kitchen until then.

OH I voted for that too... only problem was that the parts didnt come it... they went to Cabo, they CAME BACK!!! THEN the parts came in... CRAP!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:04:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:09:09 PM EDT

Must be nice indeed.

Having rich clients is a toss up though. Either you get ones like you just described, or you get assholes who expect unreasonable perfection or timetables (then want discounts because their "standards" couldn't be met) simply because they haven't made a living working with their hands and don't know what's involved.
Top Top