Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:03:59 PM EDT
Heh...Hot topic right?  Got you to read, right?!

I was in Rochester, NY from august 2001-feb 2002. on strike duty.

Those cops hated us when we got there.  I gradually had more
relationship with thier district CMDR.  LT Smith.  He told me after 6 months there he would've loved to have hooked us up at the first transgression.

All the lip service they played, the cops ALWAYS came in on the side of the pickets.

ALWAYS...

Until...A cop they call "Animal" responded to my call.  A picket stood in front of him, and,
he didnt' like that alot.

Picket wound up getting cuffed, and, banged of the patrol car trunk -He was released later, but, I got the threat of a lawsuit (Byt the pickets) on film.  I took the tape (Lawsuit and incident) to the PD that had been busting my balls for 5 months....I said:  "Your guy was right.  I will act as a witness if necessary."

Rarely have PDs give me the support Rochester did.  I damn near had a SWAT team when I called for littering.  Strike ground to a halt like a month later.  The PD changed sides.
It's always funny when you call the cops....

-He did X!
-Him (Did not)
-Check the tape!
-Him (Uh)

Heh hehhhhhhhhhhh.....

LEOs are cool...You just have to know how to deal with them :)  

Every cop in Maple district loved me from then on in.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
living in the area, i have the opinion that rochester city police work hard and do a good job.  unfortunately, i've had a few friends who had incidents with extremely unprofessional monroe county sheriff officers, hopefully that's just a few bad apples and not the department as a whole.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
We would like to have good, honest , open hearted friends....that were not  beaten into submission
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Favors always seem to go over big with cops. I think it's because favors are alot like bribes.

j/k

I'm in a jovial mood tonight.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
living in the area, i have the opinion that rochester city police work hard and do a good job.  unfortunately, i've had a few friends who had incidents with extremely unprofessional monroe county sheriff officers, hopefully that's just a few bad apples and not the department as a whole.

I never had dealings with the Sherrif.

Rochester Maple District cops do a good job.  

They have their opinions, just like I do.  They couldn't "Side" with
me until the pickets fucked up......BAD!.  

I just rolled...rolled...rolled....And then, saw my chance...Amazeing what cops will do when a citizen steps forward witha  videotape and, freindly testimony.

If J. Smith (Real name) is with  RPD now, I bet he remembers me.  A car parts factory was going out on strike and, in his conference with them, he reccommended us.

If I have security guys operating in MY district..Make it be these guys.  They are professionals, and, we respect them.  Good guys.    
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I

Quoted:
Favors always seem to go over big with cops. I think it's because favors are alot like bribes.

j/k

I'm in a jovial mood tonight.

I find when I look their abuse and negligence in the eye with the same
expression I gove them a tape that saves the city and dept about a gazillion dollars
and then, just look like

I'm the messiah.

Heh.

Maple district was on my beck and call for about 2 months.  (I used the hi res cameras to walk cops in on a car theft attempt and, a convienience store robbery)

I really do like LEOs.  I find it funny to deal with them, and, change their minds about our guys. (Security)

Ask Mount Pleasant , WI PD about thier van we filmed being keyed!  

They weren't happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top