Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/14/2002 6:45:16 PM EDT
You wouldnt belive this sh#t. I come home today to put some new quarters in my collection and I notice that there are only about 4 left.  Now I know that I wouldn't spend these quarters that I have collected for 3 years now.  So I ask my gf.  She says "Oh I needed some money and I didnt want to ask you.  I was going to put them back."  Now what kind of crap is that.  Those quarters ment a lot to me.  I would have rather her freakin ask me for a few bucks rather than take the ones that I have been collecting.  She thinks that she can just go get some quarters from the bank and everything is fine.  Oh that is so not the case.  Besides the fact that those were my collection, she freakin stole from me.  That really pisses me off.  she just doesnt get it at all.  If I had hocked her tv for gas money she would have been pissed to.  Has anyone else run across some stupid crap like this.  I feel like I cant freakin trust her any more and that she should get out of my house!!!! What will be next when she needs a couple of bucks?  

Also, how do you post a pic?  I have a couple of pics of my new 1911 to show.

Later,
Lojack
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You should have bought silver proof and mints sets as they came out.
Now if you want a '99 you are gonna have to pay big bucks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Some dude has a 1980 proof set for trade on the equipment exchange, maybe you can swap your gf for the set.[:D]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you collecting, the state quarters?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Tonto said, "...hmmm.  Not good sign, Kemosabe..."
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I feel like I cant freakin trust her any more and that she should get out of my house!!!! What will be next when she needs a couple of bucks?
View Quote

If she really had no idea that those specific quarters were part of a collection that you had carefully assembled, then I would say that she was just rude and uncaring.

If she knew that you had been collecting the state quarters, and that replacing them would be a difficult, time- and money-consuming project, then she's malicious and backstabbing; something you would be better off without.

Just my humble opinion, since you asked. Good luck either way, lojack. Been there, done that, kicked her to the curb.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]
If it wasn't for one thing, there would be a bounty on their heads!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#8]
As Tom Leykis would say "Dump the bitch"!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Lighten up, they're quarters for god's sake.  If this is your biggest problem today, you've had a pretty good day.

And not to be too rude, but if you're going to bother collecting coins, why not collect some that are actually worth something and not just pot metal fiat specie that passes for currency these days?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Whats the most important part of the post?  Posting the pictures of his new 1911.  So why dont we focus on that [:)]  To post a picture you need to upload it somewhere.  Then you need to post the link to the pictre in the following string without the quotes    "[url]link to picture[/url]"

Scott

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lighten up, they're quarters for god's sake.  If this is your biggest problem today, you've had a pretty good day.

And not to be too rude, but if you're going to bother collecting coins, why not collect some that are actually worth something and not just pot metal fiat specie that passes for currency these days?
View Quote
True, the chance that these new quarters will be worth anything in the next hundred years is very slim, I've collected coins for over 35 years and I have NONE of the new quarters saved.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You wouldnt belive this sh#t. I come home today to put some new quarters in my collection and I notice that there are only about 4 left.  Now I know that I wouldn't spend these quarters that I have collected for 3 years now.  So I ask my gf.  She says "Oh I needed some money and I didnt want to ask you.  I was going to put them back."  (snip)Besides the fact that those were my collection, she freakin stole from me.  That really pisses me off.  she just doesnt get it at all.  If I had hocked her tv for gas money she would have been pissed to.  Has anyone else run across some stupid crap like this.  I feel like I cant freakin trust her any more and that she should get out of my house!!!! What will be next when she needs a couple of bucks?  
View Quote

Sounds like you are pretty much answering your own questions, and it also sounds to me like you trust her about as far as you can throw her. This is NOT something that will go away permanently by just "talking it out". This is a seemingly minor trait of doing one thing and saying another (if anything) for the sake of her expediency and convenience, will escalate, esp. when you are locked in by house/marriage/career/kids/mortage, etc. (Who knows what will be used and replaced w/o your knowledge at some point- heck- it might even be you...)

It is up to you whether this is worth putting up with, or not. In my experience, not necessarily applicable to anyone else's (caveat!), the old "tip of the iceberg" theory re people works most of the time. Only one-ninth of the iceberg shows above water- when you probe deeper, that iceberg sure does get pretty darn big- and unavoidable....

Prudence is but experience, which equal time equally bestows on all men, in
those things they equally apply themselves unto.
- --THOMAS HOBBES
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
True, the chance that these new quarters will be worth anything in the next hundred years is very slim, I've collected coins for over 35 years and I have NONE of the new quarters saved.
View Quote

I'm a novice at coin collecting, but how many bi-centenial quarters have you seen in general circulation? Answer, not many. There used to be zillions of them, but now you only a few every once in a long while.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm a novice at coin collecting, but how many bi-centenial quarters have you seen in general circulation? Answer, not many. There used to be zillions of them, but now you only a few every once in a long while.
View Quote

The reason for their scarcity is that everybody and his brother is collecting them or hoarding them.... an artificial market, to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You wouldnt belive this sh#t. I come home today to put some new quarters in my collection and I notice that there are only about 4 left.  Now I know that I wouldn't spend these quarters that I have collected for 3 years now.  So I ask my gf.  She says "Oh I needed some money and I didnt want to ask you.  I was going to put them back."  Now what kind of crap is that.  Those quarters ment a lot to me.  I would have rather her freakin ask me for a few bucks rather than take the ones that I have been collecting.  She thinks that she can just go get some quarters from the bank and everything is fine.  Oh that is so not the case.  Besides the fact that those were my collection, she freakin stole from me.  That really pisses me off.  she just doesnt get it at all.  If I had hocked her tv for gas money she would have been pissed to.  Has anyone else run across some stupid crap like this.  I feel like I cant freakin trust her any more and that she should get out of my house!!!! What will be next when she needs a couple of bucks?  

Also, how do you post a pic?  I have a couple of pics of my new 1911 to show.

Later,
Lojack
View Quote

So, how long have you been 'dating'?  If this collection was three years old, she never asked aobut it?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Why are you even asking us questions?
From what you said, you already know the answer.
(I know, you gotta vent somehow)

What do you suppose her next trick is going to be?  Bye-bye gun collection.

Begone, beatch!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:51:23 PM EDT
[#17]
i can ehar it now:
" i needed some money for laundry so i took your PSS to the pawn shop, i got $75!!!"  
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#18]
If your quarters were in a jar (or something similar) and were being treated as just so much excess change than wtf is your beef?  If she knew these quarters were "important" (dear god!!) to you, then you need to talk to her about it.  Open your mouth and work out your differences if you can.  If you can't, then have a good life without her.

I still don't understand why idiots come here to talk about their personal marital/relationship problems [:D] when all they really need to do is open their mouths to the ones causing them some petty grief.

From what I can tell, bitter single jerks will tell you to dump her, and happily married (or long term relationship) persons will tell you to discuss your problems with her.

Follow whichever path makes the most sense to you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:22:15 AM EDT
[#19]
"Hi, Sweetie, I'm home. Missed you all day,...WHAT THE FVCK!!!??? WHERE'S MY QUARTERS??!!! IT TOOK FOUR OF THEM TO MAKE A WHOLE DOLLAR, YOU FVCKIN' CVNT!!!!!"....LOL...Grow up.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Did you just toss them in a jar or what man?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:38:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was born in 1976 and my mom started collecting those quarters when I was born and has never stopped. She's got five or six hundred dollars worth in a little bank. I doubt they will ever be worth anything.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:19:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was born in 1976 and my mom started collecting those quarters when I was born and has never stopped. She's got five or six hundred dollars worth in a little bank. I doubt they will ever be worth anything.
View Quote

Ya, they're worthless.  I'll pay shipping if you will send them to me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:26:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

LMFAO!!!!
I don't know why that, just struck me as funny as hell.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:34:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Were they silver?, is she worth more than 25 cents? get real, there are worse things than that,
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:46:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The shipping wouldn't be too bad, its the handling that's gonna get ya.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:12:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"Oh I needed some money and I didnt want to ask you.  I was going to put them back."
View Quote

She doesn't want to ask for money, but has no problems with just taking it?  Sounds like what my ex-wife would do.

She apparently had no idea that the quarters were anything other than a pile of regular quarters.  That's what you get for not locking them up.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:16:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Use her up then throw her away.  No doubt about it.

There *are* ways to work off that anger you know, and they are quite pleasurable.

Who knows, when you are done, she might not be able to walk far enough to grab any more of your quarters.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#28]
First your quarters, then what?  What's next?  Your comic books?  Your Pogs?  God forbid she should touch all those empty beer cans you've been hanging on to!!

I'm not sure which of the two I feel more sorry for...

[:P]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
First your quarters, then what?  What's next?  Your comic books?  Your Pogs?  God forbid she should touch all those empty beer cans you've been hanging on to!!

View Quote

"pog"?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Ok,  she did know that I was collecting them because I had shown them to her before.  And they were in a special place, not just on top of the dresser with spare change.  She said that she even knew that they were the new quarters and thought that she could replace them before I noticed.  This is the part that burns me.  It is not about the quarters, but the all of the rules that she has violated.  As some one else had stated "She has problems asking for money, but she doesn't have any taking money."  That was #1.  Stealing.  It doesn't matter how you try to add it up, it is just stealing. #2 Fraud.  She was gonna replace them with some freakin beat to hell and back quarters from the bank?  #3 Trust.  What will be next.  She pawn my 1911 so that she can go get her hair done?  #4 she cant freakin ask for 10 bucks, but would rather spend $30+ dollars to replace the quarters.  Yes this does sound petty, but the value of the quarters is not at stake here.  To me they were a private journey that had a lot of sentimental value to it.  Like I actually got both mints of the Kentucky quarter while I was in Kentucky.  Now those are gone.  Even when I do find another set, it would be the same, especially since they would be from getting 20 bucks in quarters from the bank.  There is no memory associated with that.

Thanks for listening and allowing me to vent,
Lojack
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Seriously, the trust thing would be my issue- you need to reevaluate the pros-cons of this relationship.

Pogs:  [url]http://www.yesterdayland.com/popopedia/shows/toys/ty1396.php[/url]

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Wow, you're getting worked up over pocket change?!  Sounds like your GF should run for the frikkin hills if you're this bent out of shape over quarters!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#33]
I think you need to get her all hot and excited, tie her to the bed, and then explain to her why you're not gonna do her any more. [spank]

Then go out drinking.  Be sure she can't get loose to trash your place. [:p]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Seems like a petty reason to dump the broad on first glance, but...do you really want someone who is either stupid or uncaring for a wife/mother of your kids? You decide.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#35]
damn her ornery hide. just for that id take a bunch of naked pictures of her an post em here! of course if her looks can peel the paint off the walls nevermind.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Seems like a petty reason to dump the broad on first glance, but...do you really want someone who is either stupid or uncaring for a wife/mother of your kids? You decide.
View Quote

Why is that? He can't trust her so why would you even marry a person like that? She know her was collecting them but she did not care about what he wanted she only cared what she wanted!!
If my wife sold my coins like that I'd be pissed as all hell then try to be deceitful by buying new ones and trying to replace them as the old one.

I think you need to have a long talk to her about this and tell her how you feel. I know its not just about the money is about trust.

Also what did she buy with the money?  
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

What if she took...

THE POKEMON CARDS?!?!?!?

[img]http://www.dreamersden.com/Pokemon/Album.jpg[/img]

OK, seriously, I agree with DScott that there's a major trust issue here.  Unless she had to buy insulin for her poor, diabetic granny or something like that, taking your quarter collection was wrong.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Anybody who can call their girlfriend "My M*&(# gf..." must not have a whole lot of respect for her.  If you don't respect her, you don't belong together.

Can't you just *feel* the love?  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. I'm glad you see it in the proper perspective. Women can be so uncivilized!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Check this out-- I had a friend who worked at a liquor store. Kids would sneak into their parents coin collections all the time and steal the coins. They would then get someone to buy alcohol for them, and use the change that they stole.

At the end of the day, my friend would sort out the change, and replace "special" coins with normal coins. He built up quite a collection. (Can the parents legally reclaim their coins if they can prove they are the legitimate owners and if they were stolen? or since its US currency, do they have a leg to stand on??)

Hey-- [b]if anyone has a 1943 copper penny, I lost it. Please return it to me. Thanks.[/b]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Why the heck are you guys jumping all over him?

He had a collection of what sounds like State Quarters. His G/F took some to buy whatever.

That's WRONG!! He needs to sit down with her and figure out why she would do something like that. Doesn't matter is they were worth money or not. They were HIS.

My fiance collects the State Quarter series. If I were to take some for change, she would beat me. And not in a fun way.

Lojack: you need to figure out if this is going to be an ongoing problem. If she can not respect your stuff, I would not trust her. In my opinion, that would ruin a relationship.

BTW: if you need any quarters to replace yours, let me know. I have extras. I'll ship them no charge.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Why is that? He can't trust her so why would you even marry a person like that? She know her was collecting them but she did not care about what he wanted she only cared what she wanted!!
If my wife sold my coins like that I'd be pissed as all hell then try to be deceitful by buying new ones and trying to replace them as the old one.

I think you need to have a long talk to her about this and tell her how you feel. I know its not just about the money is about trust.

View Quote

Hey, Tayous. You again??
Maybe you should read my entire post again.[:)]
See ya next thread!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Hey, Tayous. You again??
Maybe you should read my entire post again.[:)]
See ya next thread!!!!
View Quote

My bad sorry
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Dude, just tell he that you were saving those quarters up for a new AR, and that you were only a couple of quarters shy.  Tell her that if she REALLY wants to make it up to you, she needs to take you AR shopping. [:D]

...or you could just overestimate the amount that you had in the jar and let her "replace" them.  

...or post a pic and maybe one of us will take her off of your hands...for replacement value of the quarters of course...

See, it's a win-win-win situation.  I wish my girlfriend would do that...I've got my eye on a new Chev Tahoe.   LOL

Seriously..I think it's NEW GIRLFRIEND TIME!!!

SNF
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My bad sorry
View Quote

Don't sweat it, man. I've got a feeling that you and I have a lot in common except for, maybe, age. Later.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#47]
That's almost as good as when my 2 stepdaughters used to take my SILVER dimes,quarters,halves AND DOLLARS from my collection to buy crap at the convinience store after school![shock] The way I found out was I noticed clad quarters in with the silver ones. They were at least trying to replace the ones they took with birthday money they would get! [O:)]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Hey-- [b]if anyone has a 1943 copper penny, I lost it. Please return it to me. Thanks.[/b]
View Quote

Ah, a fellow numismatist. [b]YEAH RIGHT![/b]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. I'm glad you see it in the proper perspective. Women can be so uncivilized!
View Quote

Or civilizing, as in my case!

Better yet, she still just ignores all the guns and tools.  I'm happy!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong. The value of the items in question has absolutely [b]no[/b] bearing on the matter. If she had thrown his used tissue collection out, it would have been just as bad. The point is she took, i.e. [b]stole[/b], something that wasn't hers and that she had absolutely no right to take. No offense intended, but she sounds like a self-centered, inconsiderate woman to me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top