Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 4:49:48 PM EDT
WHY Do I need this second job?

So tonight we are catering the Lisa Murkowski dinner.

My L.A.B. has decided that even though we are catering a Republican event it is with in his 1st amendment rights to wear his Tony Knowles and Kerry /Edwards buttons to the event .

Fucking idiot .

I tried explaining that it is bad enough that he would vote for those idiots , but than to act so unprofessional as to wear that at a political event that you are being paid to be at is childish at best.

He just said it is with in his rights . I don't feel like losing the job , so I guess we will see what happens when i go into work tomorrow .
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It is his right.

But it will hurt his business.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
why don't you feed him to a bear?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
wow what a dumbass
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
who cares what he wears,  if  they dont like it  they wont use his business again.

Durning the RNC quite a few of us NYPD guys were wearing Bush pins.... one of my friends who was doing the mobile response and actually fighting with the liberals was wearing one
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
who cares what he wears,  if  they dont like it  they wont use his business again.

Durning the RNC quite a few of us NYPD guys were wearing Bush pins.... one of my friends who was doing the mobile response and actually fighting with the liberals was wearing one

Ok, admit it. How many of you guys were shouting, "Respect Mah Authoritah!" whilst clubbing the hippies?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Is your LAB the owner of the catering company or just your boss at the caterers?

If it's the later case then I'm sure the HAHIC (HeadAssHatInCharge) would like to know that one of the underlings is appearing in likely offensive garb in front of the paying clients.

It's like wearing a PETA button at a pig roast.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a bright person, if he had a brain in his head he would know better, but then again he is
a Kerry supporter.

GM
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Wear a Bush/Cheney button.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#9]
How is it within his right?

If I employ/hire  somebody don't I have a say in if they are dressed appropriately?

Your rights are limited when you are on the clock.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not going to it . I did all of my work for it this morning. Yes there is a HAHIC. He is actually a pretty nice guy so I guess we will see how it plays out in the morning .

I thought about calling Lisa's office this afternoon and letting her know what's up , but I don't want to be specific just in case he comes to his senses , and I do need the job if he doesn't .

I didn't want to be vague and I have better things to do with my time than talk with the FBI in a little room for making a call that something is going to go down at a US Senators dinner party .

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wear a Bush/Cheney button.

+1
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Actualy I was thinking if he does it I can get away with putting a W 04 sticker on his truck and he wont know it was me .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top