Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2007 3:56:43 AM EDT

I'm getting checked out for all laser custom lasik on Thursday morning!!!!  I'm so excited.  My Eotech looks like a big red blur to me right now.  I have to wear glasses under my dirt bike goggles (which hurts).  My wife reads the Jeopardy questions questions and answers the question before I've even heard it.  I can't read my Tivo.  I can't wait to be able to see.  Anyone have any suggestions or questions I should ask in my preOP appointment?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything I've heard about lasik indicates 'good result' percentages are closely linked to HIGHLY experienced providers. ME- I think I would risk one eye at a time!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm getting checked out for all laser custom lasik on Thursday morning!!!!  I'm so excited.  My Eotech looks like a big red blur to me right now.  I have to wear glasses under my dirt bike goggles (which hurts).  My wife reads the Jeopardy questions questions and answers the question before I've even heard it.  I can't read my Tivo.  I can't wait to be able to see.  Anyone have any suggestions or questions I should ask in my preOP appointment?

Maybe ask how many have they done, what is their success rate and who is actually going to do the procedure.

Get the last part in writing if they will do it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:03:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Best of luck to you.Let is know how you make out!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:36:09 AM EDT
[#4]
My fiance just had hers done in February.  She had to go back to an "enhancement" (re-lasik), which is supposed to happen only 4% of the time.   She'll go back for the other eye "enhancement" sometime soon.  This is supposedly by the top provider in the state.  
Oh, don't drink alot of alcohol the night before the procedure.  They don't tell you this, but I'm convinced that might be the reason for her do-overs.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:36:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I got mine done 5 years or so ago now.  Went from about 20/30 day of sugery, to 20/15 day after, then down to 20/10 for a few weeks and then my vision stabilized at 20/15 now for the remainder of the 5 years.  I'd get lasik again in a heartbeat.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:44:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top