Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 2:57:50 PM EDT
Didn't strain it, fall, twist it, or anything/  It kills me when I pivot on my left leg or if I  turn my left foot outward.  I have no problem full extending my leg and full beding at the knee and no discomfort.  I did lug a TV up the steps last evening so maybe that did it.  ANyone know anything about this stuff?  I'm not going to a DR it's not that bad more annoying than anything.  So let's hear from the Osteopaths!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#1]
is your pain more on the inside of your left knee, slightly above or below your kneecap?? any swelling around your knee??

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Slightly below and on the outside oblique of the kneecap.  Really weird feeling, kinday like my knee is comong unjoined?  No swelling at all and have no problems walking but for instance if I cross my left leg onto my right knee with my left ankle on that righ knee the unsupported weight triggers the feeling/pain.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That's your wife's revenge. Don't say you haven't been warned. Groping "perfect tits" other than your wife's is bad ju-ju!

[img]http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/celebrity/images/Monsters/voodookit.jpg[/img]

You are sooo fucked.

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0312154151.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif[/img]

Fucked, I tell ya! Fucked!

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
ROFLMAO!

That was great reminds me of that commercial where the chic is jabbing her VooDoo doll BF with a pin while he's trying to pick up some hot chic at a bar!

Good one!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
arthritis?  I'm fine until I twist it at all.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
No I did something, no arthritis.  It's clicking and cracking and popping all up and down my leg now,  I threw something out of whack!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#7]
LMAO Kar98! Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No I did something, no arthritis.  It's clicking and cracking and popping all up and down my leg now,  I threw something out of whack!
View Quote

A-hahaha-HA! Doomed!

[img]http://www2.hkedcity.net/citizen_files/aa/ea/jb7007/public_html/villains/08v4.jpg[/img]

Repent! Reeheepent!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Its probably the gonorrhea causing arthritis in your knee.  Usually occurs in the wrists.  But in your case its the cooties getting you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#11]
things that go snap, crackle, pop anywhere around your knee is a good reason to go to your doc...rule out joint problems versus soft tissue problems (ligament strain for instance)
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess I'll get it checked but I think I'll wait for a couple of days to see if it clears up.  I think I sprained it.  Now that I've been thinking I remember standing awkwardly at the top of the steps with the new TV and twisting funny to get around the corner.  I do remember feeling strain on that knee but no pain, I guess I'm not as nimble as I used to be.  Thanx for all the advice!  

ARDOC, You make me laugh!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Valk no sweat! Take some motrin and ice it.  Its amazing what little force it takes to hurt something.  I accidently kicked the bedpost getting up to answer a page and broke 2 metatarsal bones in my foot.  I know of some people that just took a wrong step off a curb and destroyed their knees.

I still think its gonorrhea.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#14]
It is so wierd because there's no swelling, no loss of movement, no pain except when I pivot on it.  I can walk, run, jump, but cross my legs or turn the wrong way and it feels like my knee is coming unjointed.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Just a word of advice, if its bad enough that you have to have surgery, please, PLEASE take at least a week of antibiotics before and after the surgery.  I don't care how simple it is, I can tell you the mother of horror stories about "minor" knee surgeries and staph infections.

Don't ever screw around with knee or back pain because until you have lived without the use of either for a decent amount of time, you can't appreciate them enough.

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I am telling you its gonorrhea!  Sometimes you can have cartilege or ligament damage and only have pain with certain motions.  I bet you tore or strained something. Or its the gonorrhea acting up.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#17]
It's not real bad, ran 2 miles on it this evening.  Like I said its annoying as all hell.  I'm sure I wrenched it carrying the stuff I said earlier.  

I remember all the horror stories that our instructors told us about STD's in bootcamp.  Ghonorhea sounded pretty scary!  

Actually I think it is middle age creeping up on me!  Doesn't help my lower extremities have taken some abuse.  From the Evel Kneivel imitations to the leg sweep in Karate class that had the same knee the size of a cantloup 6 years ago, to both ankles broken, one twice(basketball), trips, falls while hunting, I'm not surprised that I get aches here and there.

But then again it could be the......

Ghonorhea!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Considering the amount of time your foot was in your mouth last night, you might have tweaked it a little bit. But then again... who knows.

[:D]

BTW, wheres the pics?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Gotta love the crew at AR15dotcom!  Never a bunch to let you live something down!  [:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top