Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/5/2004 9:45:44 PM EST
First off I've seen several offhand posts about this distributor and I know people have been banned from sites for talking about it. If I'm not aloud to talk about Joeken here then please just tell me so as I love this site and wish to return.

Anyways...
Like I've said, I've seen several posts about this place and never to deal with them, but I never really looked into what was so wrong with them and just decided to stay away from em. Well about 2 months ago I decided to start an AK47 build and found a nice kit on gunbroker.com. I won the auction and paid immediately in hopes my kit would be shipped out as soon as possible. After about 2 weeks of waiting, I email the person to see what the holdup was. Their response was that all the kits they currently had in stock had bad bores, and were going to wait a couple days until their new shipment of kits comes in. I think to myself "Ok. They made a mistake. I'd rather wait a couple more days for a working rifle".

Two more weeks pass. I write the seller again what's taking so long. It turns out this person is just a dropshipper and has no idea what the distributor of the kits is doing. She tells me that she will contact the distributor and ask what is going on. Another week passes. After doing some searching I finally get the number of the person. I call asking waht the hell is going on. She claims that the distributor supposedly shipped it out and that I would be recieving a tracking number that night.

Guess what? Another friggin week passes with no tracking number and I call again. By now you can imagine I'm getting pretty pissed off with all of these games. I demand speak to whoever is supposed to ship it out. I finally get the number from her and give the distributor a call. They give me some crap about the kits and say they will ship it out and give a tracking number the next day.

I finally get the kit in today along with some certificate of authenticity. The first word on the certificate is printed in bold letters "Joeken is proud blah blah blah...". So after my knowledge of this company and attempt to avoid them, I end up unknowingly ordering from them. I now feel somewhat bad for the person who I bought it from because she has all positive remarks on gunbroker.com and prolly had nothing to do with all the delays, although she did give some empty promises about tracking numbers and whatnot.

I just wanted to know if this is the kind of crap that Joeken is known for. Obviously in the future I'll be more cautious on who I order stuff from. Also I never got the cleaning kit that was part of the auction.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:54:08 PM EST
Actually you are lucky to have received anything. And we loved to make fun of Joeken here.

Report the stupid fucks on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:02:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By drewucf:
Well about 2 months ago I decided to start an AK47 build and found a nice kit on gunbroker.com. I won the auction and paid immediately in hopes my kit would be shipped out as soon as possible.

I now feel somewhat bad for the person who I bought it from

because she has all positive remarks on gunbroker.com and prolly had nothing to do with all the delays, "although she did give some empty promises about tracking numbers and whatnot."

Screw that. The seller bears responsibility for fulfilling their part of the agreement. 2 MONTHS for delivery, when it was expected in a few days is totally unreasonable.

Honest, Negative feedback is appropriate. Certainly without any guilt on your part.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:03:39 PM EST
nah, you won't be banned for bashing jokin. for a while it was basically the site sport.

We're not gunz.nutz
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:10:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 10:12:35 PM EST by drewucf]

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Actually you are lucky to have received anything. And we loved to make fun of Joeken here.

Report the stupid fucks on gunbroker.

Is that what actually happened? People would buy stuff from them and never get it? Hell I don't think I would have ever recieved my stuff if I wasn't so persistent. I'm glad that most people here know not to deal with them. I just got unlucky and ended up supporting them. I'm so ashamedETA: It really is a nice kit, but I never would have gone though all that shit if I knew this would happen ahead of time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:44:16 AM EST
Word of warning to everyone - if you hear nothing but praise on gunnutz about a company and see lots of adverts for it, STEER CLEAR of that company. Enough of us here have been screwed by them in manners just like this to know what we are talking about (SAI, Gucciano, Joeken, etc.)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:02:34 AM EST
Top Top