Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:12:16 PM EDT
I have this old Jeep that I was rebuilding the motor on.

I go to install the rebuilt motor and new motor mounts and theres a little sticker that says "made in india"

WTF? Was china underbid by the indians?

My Jeep will never be the same...and neither will yours
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What year is the Jeep?

-K
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What year is the Jeep?

-K

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
My replacement brake cylinders for my '79 CJ5 were made in Italy and cost 11.45.  How can you cast, machine, assemble, ship and retail something like that and make a profit at that price?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Well shit no wonder. I just replaced the motor mounts on my '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer less than 2 years ago and the fucking drivers side mount is broken again.

Fucking foreign auto parts suck balls.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Mother-in-laws Pontiac Torrent's engine is made in China, tranny is Japan, and the thing is assembled in Canada.

vmax84
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Lots of iron castings are coming from India and China now.  I just replaced drums and rotors for about 1/4 the cost of the last time.  Yeah we are going to watch them closer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lots of iron castings are coming from India and China now.  I just replaced drums and rotors for about 1/4 the cost of the last time.  Yeah we are going to watch them closer.

The chinese probably used the old Kaiser furnace they tore down and shipped to china to build them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Mother-in-laws Pontiac Torrent's engine is made in China, tranny is Japan, and the thing is assembled in Canada.

vmax84

Funny how these things work. My Honda was built in Ohio and the only substantial component not originating in North America was the manual transmission built in Japan.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah?  and?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought new tie rod ends for my John Deere 1530. They were stamped "made in China".
They also cost 58 dollars each...!!!!!! I told the parts guy that they should be gold plated, and a John Deere mechanic should drive out to my place and install them for me for that price...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

WTF? Was china underbid by the indians?

pretty much wages are creeping up in China
I say more power to um fuck the CHICOMs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top