Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:31:05 PM EST
I have tried to send out several emails and I get a "delivery failure" letter in my inbox about 12 to 24 hours later. Is anyone else having this type of trouble???? This is really getting annoying.

Thanks

AKASL
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:34:38 PM EST
Were the mails you sent all to the same domain? Hotmail is notorious for not taking aggressive action against their spamming problem and ISPs are retaliating but either blocking mail from Hotmail completely or severely limiting the amount of mail they will accept from them.

Complain to Hotmail/MSN.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:51:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By motopix:
Were the mails you sent all to the same domain? Hotmail is notorious for not taking aggressive action against their spamming problem and ISPs are retaliating but either blocking mail from Hotmail completely or severely limiting the amount of mail they will accept from them.

Complain to Hotmail/MSN.

No the letters were to several different domains.

AKASL
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:05:37 PM EST
A couple of weeks ago, I could have sworn that MSN had moved all of its servers into
a chicken coop or something. Hotmail was delivering e-mails that had been sent close to a week
prior. A buddy of mine has a little MSN group that he has his family pictures and all of that sort of domestic stuff on and could not even get close to accessing.
It seems that MSN has moved to being close to 100% dedicated to high speed access which I unfortunatly(sp?) can not afford.
I have found that my Yahoo account is better than ever.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:08:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By dangerousdan:
A couple of weeks ago, I could have sworn that MSN had moved all of its servers into
a chicken coop or something. Hotmail was delivering e-mails that had been sent close to a week
prior. A buddy of mine has a little MSN group that he has his family pictures and all of that sort of domestic stuff on and could not even get close to accessing.
It seems that MSN has moved to being close to 100% dedicated to high speed access which I unfortunatly(sp?) can not afford.
I have found that my Yahoo account is better than ever.

Well I am using DSL so I really can't understand why the letters are not getting delivered.
AKASL
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:57:11 PM EST
I will e-mail stuff to myself (no, not because I am lonely) and this last time it took two days to get to me when it usually takes 10 seconds. In fact, I am still missing a 2nd e-mail sent 3 days ago.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:06:20 AM EST
BTT for the day crew
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:26:13 AM EST
Just a note:

I have heard alot of folks compaining about hotmail lately. I don't know what changes have been made, but I do know that everyone I have talked to who use hotmail, are having some trouble with it recently.
Top Top