Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 2:06:06 PM EDT
I was explaining to my girlfriend what's going on with the KS CCW bill and she says, "It must makes me nervous to of all those people walking around with guns."  

I said, "What makes me nervous is all the people who are already walking around with them, and they're doing it illegally."  I explained who criminals are packing now... and the CCW will not mean more of them, it will mean more of us ie Responsible Citizens, packing and ready to defend.

She says she understands why it's should be allowed and that it won't mean more criminals with guns.  She likes to shoot with me, but doesn't do it often enough to be comfortable with firearms... I think that might be why she's not crazy for CCW.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Draw down. That'll learn her.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Draw down. That'll learn her.

Nice Avatar! Danish??
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried showing her the constitution?

That is kinda pathetic.

Frankly...Ok..NM.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The hardest lesson a sheep has to learn is that telling a wolf Baaaaad doesn't stop the wolf from eating sheep.  

Tj

+1

Max
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Same boat.....same state.....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah from my expirence some girls hate guns and some love them. Girl i'm with now gets a turn on from guns. So she is perfect for me. But most girls don't like guns. All you can do is try to get her to be more open minded and keep talking about it with her and try to take her out as much as you can. But main thing is while she might not carry a gun, at least she is ok with you carrying a gun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Can you take her shooting more often?

That's what I'm thinking.  She enjoys shooting... just doesn't do it often enough.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
All you can do is try to get her to be more open minded and keep talking about it with her and try to take her out as much as you can. But main thing is while she might not carry a gun, at least she is ok with you carrying a gun.

I think you're right on there.  She says things like "I wouldn't mind, it's just kinda scary."
She needs to become more familiar with firearms herself, so she can understand why my carrying is/can be safer than not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top