Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/5/2005 7:35:37 AM EDT
Ok so things were going really well she was very cool about everything lately.  Then all of a sudden she starts acting all depressed so we talk about it and I tell her she needs to see a counsilor. Well she freaked out, then that night came back to talk.  

She still is acting weird though, she went from a girl who had the biggest sex drive I have met to not even wanting me to touch her??? And sleeping in her clothes at night??

I dont know what the hell to expect we went from 2-3 times a day to nothing??  I dont know if her parents who are very religious said something to her but something really messed her up.

Any ideas on this one??  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Call it over.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be a smartass and say.. just shoot her and be done with it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Did she get raped over the weekend?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Evac.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Bad instability or abuse as a child.  Bi-polar sounding almost.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#7]
KICK.   HER.   TO.  THE.  CURB.

Is this a woman you want your children to have to depend on someday?

WHo you see yourself being able to depend on when you're old and, you know, need to wear DEPENDS?

She's seriously fucked up.

Contrary to the views of some here, not all women are.  The woman I've been seeing since my divorce was over is amazing, she shoots, she doesn't lose her mind, and she's not after me for money.  We have just as much fun hanging out reading the paper in the morning as we do during a night on the town, and in bed.

This one's a loser.  

You care for her, but its only going to get you in deep shit.   You've been posting about how bad this is for how long now?  You KNOW what needs to be done.   Now, man up and leave.

BTW, the "no more sex" thing if not some other manipulation by her parents, etc., is most likely to be either (a)  a new bull in the pasture; or (b) an abortion of a child of yours you did not know about which is eating her up inside.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Did you marry her and forget about it?

Honestly she probably cheated on you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#9]
she is cheating.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
she is cheating.

Cheating with a guy that left a mark on her body
that she can't let you see.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Be Prepared: www.nomarriage.com
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
she is cheating.

No doubt about it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Mayday!  Mayday!  Eject!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds to me like a past trama or possibly sexual assault coming back to her,I wouldn't pressure to much about it,if she is gonna tell you about it she will when she is ready.No amount of badgering is gonna get it out of her.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll repeat what one of the posters above said - you know what needs to be done. Now what are you willing to do?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#16]
You've said before (I think) that she's on the pill...FTR???
The BCP kills sex drive...

My hubby thought I'd become Jenna Jameson within a month of my going off of it!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like depression.  I was married to a woman who went through depression.  No fun at all.  If you're serious about her then get her into counseling asap.  Hell, even if you're not that serious about her do your best to get her into counseling.  She is after all, a fellow human being.  Keep enough distance to protect your own sanity, but do what you can for her.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

yeah i am thinking that might have something to do with the change in her behavior.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Cut your losses and say goodbye.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Consider bailing out.  These goofy emotional highs and lows DO NOT level out.  They will only get worse, and eventually require medications...that she will probably refuse to stay on.

Take a hike.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Some women just want drama or heartache or trouble etc.. in their lives. Even though they deny it, they still seem to always have it in their lives. The only rason is because they just keep repeating the behaviors that bring them that trouble into their lives. Since they don't stop that behaviork, the conclusion is that they want it that way.

You will never succeed in being her 'knight in shining armor' and save her from all of that. It won't matter how great of a guy she tells you that you are. She just won't surrender her behaviors. So you get strung along and frustrated forever.

You need to tell her that the way she is acting is not the kind of behavior you want to have in a girlfriend. And there just isn't any chance for a relationship with her until you see a great deal of improvement from her. But until then, consider the relationship finished.

You're not being the bad guy. You're telling her you requirements and it is her choice which way she wants to go. Now if you waffle on this in any way, you're doomed to a never ending cycle.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Do you want advice, or just people to make you feel better?

I can do the former, but it won't accomplish the latter, that's for sure.

Short version:

Do HER a favor and pack her stuff and carry her back home to her parents.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#24]
You're tempting me to one-up you...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#25]
1911greg, sounds like you are dealing with a female human being.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Some women just want drama or heartache or trouble etc.. in their lives. Even though they deny it, they still seem to always have it in their lives. The only rason is because they just keep repeating the behaviors that bring them that trouble into their lives. Since they don't stop that behaviork, the conclusion is that they want it that way.

You will never succeed in being her 'knight in shining armor' and save her from all of that. It won't matter how great of a guy she tells you that you are. She just won't surrender her behaviors. So you get strung along and frustrated forever.

You need to tell her that the way she is acting is not the kind of behavior you want to have in a girlfriend. And there just isn't any chance for a relationship with her until you see a great deal of improvement from her. But until then, consider the relationship finished.

You're not being the bad guy. You're telling her you requirements and it is her choice which way she wants to go. Now if you waffle on this in any way, you're doomed to a never ending cycle.

Maybe your right,  I think i am just going to lay down the law and tell her to cut the drama.  Well this should be interesting
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:57:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Run, Forest, run!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah i am thinking that might have something to do with the change in her behavior.

If you think that's the cause of this then you are a fool.  BC pills might reduce sex drive but they don't eliminate and they definately don't cause the girl wear clothes to bed.  The only reason for those last two are "SHE DOESN'T WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU".  You need to find out why that is and it's not the pill.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#30]
The cheating thing sounds like it could be going on. Maybe she is depressed because she cheated on you. Who knows though maybe she's just depressed or even bi-polar. Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#31]
If she stopped having sex with you, it's because she started with someone else. Curb. Immediately.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Ok so things were going really well she was very cool about everything lately.  Then all of a sudden she starts acting all depressed so we talk about it and I tell her she needs to see a counsilor. Well she freaked out, then that night came back to talk.  

She still is acting weird though, she went from a girl who had the biggest sex drive I have met to not even wanting me to touch her??? And sleeping in her clothes at night??

I dont know what the hell to expect we went from 2-3 times a day to nothing??  I dont know if her parents who are very religious said something to her but something really messed her up.

Any ideas on this one??  

RUN LIKE YOUR ASS IS ON FIRE AND YOUR HEAD"S CATCHING!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:09:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you think that's the cause of this then you are a fool.  BC pills might reduce sex drive but they don't eliminate and they definately don't cause the girl wear clothes to bed.  The only reason for those last two are "SHE DOESN'T WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU".  You need to find out why that is and it's not the pill.

Sigh.

Guys, this one's bound and determined to learn the hard way.

He's responded to two theories in this post:  Birth Control, and the "Drama Queen" possibility.

He's ignoring all the other posts, most from major experience, that say:  SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT HERE.

I'll enjoy the divorce thread in a couple of years.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#34]
If your relationship were a freight train, I think the caboose just went by.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#35]

At least be honest and up front with her.  Tell her to come clean on whatever the issue is or she's out.

Shok
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#37]
that fucking sucks. shees either cheatin or just fucked up. lay down the law and get out if she wont put out AND tell you what the prolem is
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#38]
So is she wearing clothes to bed to keep your hands off,
or to prevent you from seeing something?

Does she lock the door when she takes a shower, or do you join her?

Maybe she has genital herpes and doesn't want you to find out.

Have you noticed any other symptoms or odd behavoirs?

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Do you want advice, or just people to make you feel better?

I can do the former, but it won't accomplish the latter, that's for sure.

Short version:

Do HER a favor and pack her stuff and carry her back home to her parents.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#40]
um...  just thought of something....

what if she is PREGNANT?

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So is she wearing clothes to bed to keep your hands off,
or to prevent you from seeing something?

Does she lock the door when she takes a shower, or do you join her?

Maybe she has genital herpes and doesn't want you to find out.

Have you noticed any other symptoms or odd behavoirs?

fuck! if thats the case and she didnt say anything before you need to draw down
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sigh.

Guys, this one's bound and determined to learn the hard way.

He's responded to two theories in this post:  Birth Control, and the "Drama Queen" possibility.

He's ignoring all the other posts, most from major experience, that say:  SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT HERE.

I'll enjoy the divorce thread in a couple of years.

Yup - I believe I called that one a couple of days ago - unfortunately, it doesn't sound like he wants to grasp the reality of his situation... Either that, or he's ALSO a drama queen, and enjoys the attention he's currently getting here.... It's been my experience that once a relationship goes bad, it rarely - if ever - comes back around - but many have to learn this the hard way....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Time to find another girlfriend. The folks here are not joking either. You'll save yourself a lot of grief later.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Kick her to the curb and buy an HK USP .45. That is my girfriend.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Bad instability or abuse as a child.  Bi-polar sounding almost.

+1, instant change in personalities and using sex to cover up her issues. she is wacked!!!

slip her some zyprexa and see if she goes back to normal
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#47]
As the old fisherman says, "Practice catch and release" emphasis on the release part.

There are too many other fish in the sea that don't already have problems.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#48]
At least you have girlfriend problems.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Do what I did.

BAIL OUT
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Accept it or move on, those are your choices.  Either you can live with it or you can't.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top