Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2017 5:29:49 PM EDT
Was doing some fleabay shopping this afternoon when I realized something just wasn't right. After I clicked on the review page for the order I noticed my shipping address was changed and completely false. A little earlier this past week I was actually contacted by paypal support to inform me of a potential unauthorized access from someone on a device login from California (I am on the East Coast). Moral of the story is to stay vigilant and check your ebay and paypal info to see if it is still current and up-to-date.

Here is the false address if anyone else recognizes it;

17 Bradford Dr Apt 12
Leola PA 17540
United States
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure ebay, paypal, amazon, etc. passwords are all unique
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You can have a randomly generated PIN # added to Amazon and Paypal logins.  Adds a few seconds to login, but no big deal, I have it for Gmail as well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can have a randomly generated PIN # added to Amazon and Paypal logins.  Adds a few seconds to login, but no big deal, I have it for Gmail as well.
View Quote
Are you talking about a capcha thing or an actual PIN?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
More like 2-step verification, it's not fool-proof, but it's way better than not having it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting. How do I set this up?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#6]
My PayPal account is zero. I do not use PayPal at all.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Was doing some fleabay shopping this afternoon when I realized something just wasn't right. After I clicked on the review page for the order I noticed my shipping address was changed and completely false. A little earlier this past week I was actually contacted by paypal support to inform me of a potential unauthorized access from someone on a device login from California (I am on the East Coast). Moral of the story is to stay vigilant and check your ebay and paypal info to see if it is still current and up-to-date.

Here is the false address if anyone else recognizes it;

17 Bradford Dr Apt 12
Leola PA 17540
United States
View Quote

is sending dog or cat shit illegal? asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#8]
You may have been fished, the fake warnings look very real.
They add a fake address and you corrected it with yours while using your log in on their web sight.

Never go to paypal/ebay from an email link.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#9]

This is why whenever you get a notification email you should immediately follow the instructions to protect your account.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Been hacked numerous times with PP, not with eBay though.  Do not use PP.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You may have been fished, the fake warnings look very real.
They add a fake address and you corrected it with yours while using your log in on their web sight.

Never go to paypal/ebay from an email link.
View Quote
truth and this goes for just about any emails.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is why whenever you get a notification email you should immediately follow the instructions to protect your account.
View Quote
ummm no.  the 1st thing you should do is verify that the email is LEGIT.  Sending out emails like this is how most account hacks occur.  The emails look authentic but the links that that you go to are bogus mock ups of the real thing.  They get you to enter your creds and then you are screwed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Leola is about 30 minutes from me. Where in PA are you?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

17 Bradford Dr Apt 12
Leola PA 17540
United States
View Quote

Go check it out and report back.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ummm no.  the 1st thing you should do is verify that the email is LEGIT.  Sending out emails like this is how most account hacks occur.  The emails look authentic but the links that that you go to are bogus mock ups of the real thing.  They get you to enter your creds and then you are screwed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you so much for explaining that, because this is my first day on the internet.

You know that guy who posted about using a magnifying glass to watch the eclipse?  I think he needs your help, too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thank you so much for explaining that, because this is my first day on the internet.

You know that guy who posted about using a magnifying glass to watch the eclipse?  I think he needs your help, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The op followed your exact "suggestion" and look where it got him.  Next time use a smiley face if you plan on being a douche.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
is sending dog or cat shit illegal? asking for a friend.
View Quote

I've sent plenty of samples to specialty vets for parasite testing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Boy, you're funny. TROLL.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was very blatantly sarcasm. That's not trolling. Don't be a retard.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The op followed your exact "suggestion" and look where it got him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The op followed your exact "suggestion" and look where it got him.
The OP fucked up long before I ever posted anything here, so don't try to pin the blame for his stupidity on me.  Hopefully he learned something and has modified his future behavior to reflect that.

Next time use a smiley face if you plan on being a douche.
I dunno, I plan on being a douche a lot around here, and I don't know if ARFcom has that many smiley faces in its supply.  I hope they don't start charging for them.  

Quoted:
That was very blatantly sarcasm. That's not trolling. Don't be a retard.
At least someone got it.  My confidence in ARFcom has been partially restored.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My PayPal account is zero. I do not use PayPal at all.
View Quote

Best way!  I had to use it once or twice to buy that sort of item that is only made by one guy.  What killed me is when I got a refund from another vendor on paypal.  What a fucking dick.  I paid with CC. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
In a way this is terrible advice, yes fix the problem but DON'T use the links in the email.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In a way this is terrible advice, yes fix the problem but DON'T use the links in the email.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now - the Face Palm!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top