Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 11:26:44 AM EDT
Ok I guess I will tell this strange tale since the ghost stuff came up.

I used to have some strange experiences that I can safely attribute to Sleep Paralysis and have had odd sensations during the hypnagogic state. Nothing major, just feels like I am dying, or waking up dead. Again no big deal after a few terrifying seconds and the paralysis wears off and I can avoid this by sleeping on my side as it only affects me while in the supine position. All this was eerie at first and it started me on a journey to explore the unknown, the type of stuff I though only happened to other people. It got me into the whole OBE stuff and lucid dreaming stuff. Turns out my problem had a rational explanation that made absolute perfect sense in may situation.

I have another experience that I am sure has a logical explanation, though the answer probably dwells in the realm of theoretical physics.

The experience I speak of has happened to other people and hearing them retell it was odd to say the least. I only have a small part of it as I only heard the effects of it yet never saw it. I will retell it to the best of my ability and will add details that come to me later.

And so begins the WildBoars online admission of strange happening. “Future credibility, meet toilet. Toilet, meet credibility.” Wait, I don’t think I had much to begin with so what the heck, here goes. Sorry grammar and typing skills and style is poor.

The first occurrence I can recall was on my 17th birthday.  If was a boring day and like any 17y old punk kid, the occasion was no big deal. My mother was going to make her famous Lasagna for me and she started early in the day on preparing it. I was in an off mood I guess as I was a problem child and was amazed I still had a place to call home so I lay on my bead starring at the ceiling thinking about everything, but then again I was thinking about nothing( I know there is a suicidal tendencies song that goes like that).

In the next room were all my friends and brother. About 5 friends in all who were present were in the playing the Commodore 64 and generally BSing.

From where I was I could look straight out of the room and down the hall as my room was on the end. About 4 feet down the hall was the other room on the right and at the end of the short hall facing me was the guest bathroom. Immediately to the left going out my door went down a 2 foot hallway and opened into the dining room, which had a open view of the kitchen and back room and back door. I could only see about a foot into the left.

As I was laying there spacing out I see my best friend open the door and exite the extra bedroom where everyone was at. He was walking with his face in a magazine. I think it was Dragon magazine as we used to be big time D&D nerds in previous years. He  was still looking as the magazine as he walked out and I could tell he wanted to show me something in it and that’s why he came out. I thought he knew where I was, all he had to do was look up. As he takes two steps, about 2 shy of entering my room, he turns his head towards the dining room area that I could not see. (gets weird here) He looks over and I can tell his eyes were locked on something, he then says “XXXXX dude you got to check this out,,,,,” and wanders off in that direction as if he saw me out there. I just laid ther and thought that was weird.

A moment later I hear my mother ask “XXXX where are you going? I am almost done with the lasagna” Immediately I hear the back door slam shut. Not close gently but slam. I hear my best friend and mother talking to each other. “What’s wrong with him?”     “Is something wrong?”  “Hey he locked the door”

Basically they were discussing why I ignored them and walked out the back and slammed the door. Soon I hear a knock at the front door and I hear my best friend answer it. I then hear one of my other friends who just arrived asked “What is XXX problem, he just walked by and ignored me” I then hear the three of them discuss and contemplate what my apparent attitude problem was all about. Seems I looked pissed or something like that.

Minutes later the friend who just arrived went to the back to see why I went out there and my best friend walks into the hall and walks straight into my room, probably to put the magazine back. He gets two steps into the room and his face was quite something to behold. Pure shock is all that I can describe. It was complete and total shock mixed with disbelief. He could barely speak because for some reason he was totally freaked out that I was there. I told him I was there the whole time and he was even more freaked because if I was out where he said I was, it would have been impossible for me to sneak by unnoticed.

As soon as I told him I was there the whole time, he was flipping. He then goes back out to my mom and tells her I am in my room. She said “no way” and then asked how did he get there?” My other buddy comes back in from outside and sees me and he is like “WTF?”

This is basically what they related to me. My best friend was going to show me an article in the magazine and saw me walking from the front door and past the dining room and head to the back room. Bear in mind the furthest one can stand away from another person in that area is about 8feet. He said I completely ignored him and went to the back door and he saw me e open it. My mother saw me open the  door and she wanted me to stay because she was almost done with dinner. They said It was definitely me because I asked them about 200 times if they were sure, and this was starting to piss them off that I didn’t believe them.
My other friend who arrived a few moments later said he saw me walking from behind the house down the driveway. My buddy rode up on his bike and stopped to talk and apparently I ignored him too and kept on walking. He said he did watch as he figured I was pissed about something and I use to have a temper and folks knew to leave me alone if I was pissed off.

No one else n the other room knew what was going on but my mother, best friend and another friend were convinced at what they saw. For years I thought they are either BSing but I doubted that because it was apparent they were convinced at what they saw. I figure mistaken identity or an intruder walked right through my house within feet of others. I didn’t really give it much though for a few years.

Well a few years pass.

I worked at Scottys lumber and building supplies. I worked in receiving and was also the delivery driver. More so driver than anything. One day I had to go to Kendall. My store was in North Broward in Margate and Kendall is a good distance mixed with some seriously fudged up traffic. Anyone who knows the area knows a trip to 2 stores in that area is going to be al all day affair, especially since I couldn’t leave my store until after 10AM.

Well I do the deliveries and pick up shingles from there other stores and make it back to my store about 6PM. Not bad time actually.

I walk in. and Immediately go t the front register to clock out. We used the main register for a time clock. The girl who worked customer service asked “Did it now work before?” I was like “Huh” She said that I already went to the time clock a few hours earlier and she though I clocked out then but came back because maybe I thought I did it wrong.

I told here I was in Miami all day and she was looking at me like I was a liar. She was certain I was there a few hours earlier and hung around the time clock. I ask if she saw me clock in or out but she was not certain. I checked and I didn’t see any input.

I go to the break room to get my stuff from the lockers and Ali the cool old Jamaican dude was in there eating lunch/dinner. He says “Back already? Did you forget your stuff?” I was like “No I just got back from making deliveries”

He said I was there a few hours earlier and walking in and looked all though the empty lockers as if I was missing something and then left. I told him that was impossible because I was over 40 miles away all day. I asked what time and he said somewhere around 3 or 4 PM. I was definitely in Miami then. He swore it was me as he was sitting there on smoke break and the room was like 10 X 10 so he was positive it wasn’t someone else. I was like whatever and started to leave. Two guys who worked the garden dept came up to me. “Dude wtf is up? Did you get in trouble?”

I wasn’t sure what hew was getting at so I ask. He says that the boss say me earlier and wondered why I wasn’t in Miami making my deliveries. He said the boss paged me over and over and over on the Ps system and was getting pissed I was not answering him. The boss even told these two that if they saw me, to tell me to go see him. They said they say me in the lumber yard by the propane filling station but didn’t want me to get in trouble so they pretended they didn’t see me.

I though there were going nuts and thought they saw me but they were sure they saw me as well.

Well a few years goes by and I am out of the Army and working at a guns shop/range. I was popular I guess with a lot of the customers and we had our share of permanent customers who almost lived at the shop. (I always thought free coffee was a bad idea but they were good people)

One of them walks right up to me  and says “Yeah sure ignore me when I say hi”

This time I was a little more intrigued. He says that he was in Hollywood and I walked  right in front of his car while he was pulling into a parking spot. He said he made a funny gesture like he was gonna run me over and  then waved. He said I looked directly at him, stopped and stared for a moment then walked away. He was positive it was me and did not believe me when I told him there is no way it was me and I never go to Hollywood if I don’t have to. He was convinced it was me and I think he was a little offended I ignored him and apparently pretended to not know him.

That was the last one I can recall at this time. I am sure there is a logical explanation for it. I looked at every options and the only place left to explain it is in theoretical physics. Concerning time dilation and other cool science fiction like stuff..

Anyways hope you like the story. I wish I could explain what happened but I cant. Anyone here into relativity, physics and stuff like that? Is there a possibility that could explain it?

If I bump into “him” are we supposed to fight to the death? Or will we collapse into a singularity if we physically connect? Should I buy him a beer?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Wild. Now you must learn how to delude people at will.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#2]
as long as you don't run into a guy dressed in an evil-looking bunny suit that goes by the name, Frank, who tells you the world will end in 26 days, I wouldn't worry.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
as long as you don't run into a guy dressed in an evil-looking bunny suit that goes by the name, Frank, who tells you the world will end in 26 days, I wouldn't worry.

Should I at least draw down on him?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#4]
That's just your soul going AWOL.
No worries. You're doomed though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe you have a long lost twin?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should I at least draw down on him?

Well that goes without saying.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
There is an ancient belief that one's guardian angel looks exactly like the person he protects.  There is a story about Peter's rescue from prison in one of the early chapters of the book of Acts.  After he was rescued from prison, Peter knocked on the door of a friends house, and at first they did not open the door.  When asked why the girl did not open the door when Peter first knocked, she replied "I thought it was his angel".
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There is an ancient belief that one's guardian angel looks exactly like the person he protects.  There is a story about Peter's rescue from prison in one of the early chapters of the book of Acts.  After he was rescued from prison, Peter knocked on the door of a friends house, and at first they did not open the door.  When asked why the girl did not open the door when Peter first knocked, she replied "I thought it was his angel".

That is interesting but at that point in my life I doubt is was a guardian angel probably one of the other kinds.

Anyone else here have a wierd experience with this?
Could it be related to space time anomalies?
and of course
What is the best round to take out ones doppelganger?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Yer just sleepwalkin thats all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Man, this thread give me the creeps.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That is interesting but at that point in my life I doubt is was a guardian angel probably one of the other kinds.

and of course

Hm. Anything but 9mm, I hear it's only like getting punched really hard.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Have you seen the movie "Hide & Seek?" Maybe you ought to seek psychological treatment.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I have "been" to places before I was ever physically there - knew where the stairs were, offices of certain people, etc.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Thats fucked up if it's true.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Have you seen the movie "Hide & Seek?" Maybe you ought to seek psychological treatment.

Actually I am thinking they need the treatment. I have never seen it/him/whatever it is. I think they felt crazy telling me about it, but I felt a little spooked by listening to them relay their encounters.

Wierd stuff in any case.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:03:52 AM EDT
[#19]
WildBoar....yup, sounds like you have a TRUE Doppleganger......pretty cool!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#20]
You mentioned theoretical physics as having the potential answer.  Into which category do you think the most likely solution lies?

(1) What you saw three times is "you" in the future, and the timelines got crossed

(2) What you saw three times is "you" in an alternate universe, and the two universes crossed

(3) What you saw was the "anti-you".  In physics, you cannot create a particle from energy without creating an anti-particle at the same time.  So, possibly, for every person, there is an anti-person?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If I bump into “him” are we supposed to fight to the death? Or will we collapse into a singularity if we physically connect? Should I buy him a beer?

You engage in your gay sex fantasy.  He is, after all, your "doublebanger".
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm just glad I'm not reading this at like midnight in a dark house.  cripes
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#23]
You are the real life version of the guy in "Jacob's Ladder."  This is all one real bad trip.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Quoted:

.45 or 10mm.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You mentioned theoretical physics as having the potential answer.  Into which category do you think the most likely solution lies?

(1) What you saw three times is "you" in the future, and the timelines got crossed

(2) What you saw three times is "you" in an alternate universe, and the two universes crossed

(3) What you saw was the "anti-you".  In physics, you cannot create a particle from energy without creating an anti-particle at the same time.  So, possibly, for every person, there is an anti-person?

So...if me and anti-me ever shake hands......KABLOOEY????   and if I like Vanilla Ice cream....does the anti me like Chocolate????

please tell me that the anti me is really cool and handsome.....I'll sleep better knowing one of us did something right in his life!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Well its not what I saw. I never saw it, others have. I have considered those three posibilities you mentioned.
The first two I am still wondering about, of course this is all specuation but the moer I read into theoretical physics, the more I enjoy it.

#3 is the hardest to understand as he/it/whatever allegedly opened and closed lockers in the break room and I guess it/he/whatever physically touched them.

Any recommendatiosn for some good reading into theoretical physics and space time?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well its not what I saw. I never saw it, others have. I have considered those three posibilities you mentioned.
The first two I am still wondering about, of course this is all specuation but the moer I read into theoretical physics, the more I enjoy it.

#3 is the hardest to understand as he/it/whatever allegedly opened and closed lockers in the break room and I guess it/he/whatever physically touched them.

Any recommendatiosn for some good reading into theoretical physics and space time?

Steven Hawking....Black Holes and Baby Universes...eseential but should be sold with aspirin....theoretical physics gives me a severe headache.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steven Hawking....Black Holes and Baby Universes...eseential but should be sold with aspirin....theoretical physics gives me a severe headache.

I have some Steven Hawking lectures on CD and listen to them when on long drives. Good stuff if you can get past the robot voice.

Ps I agree about the migraine inducing effects of studying theoretical physics.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

+1

It kind of sounds like astral projection.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quoted:

and of course

Hm. Anything but 9mm, I hear it's only like getting punched really hard.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#31]
All I can say is, Fight Club.

Seriously, you are sleepwalking or maybe daydream walking? When you are in this mode you are very rude and obviously working on project mayhem.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

So, what you're saying essentially is that somewhere in this world, there's a GOOD Chuck Schumer walking around?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, what you're saying essentially is that somewhere in this world, there's a GOOD Chuck Schumer walking around?

Well in theory yes, but could have happened thousands of years ago, or will happen thousands of years in the future. Time is not linear as we see it. We can only percieve it from our aspect. Ever read the book Flatland? Sort of the same. We can only give it our best shot at seeing another dimension from its impact on us, while the realitymay be quite different.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top