Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 10/1/2014 4:43:21 PM EST
1000 folks(not counting the illegals) are coming to Texas each day. It's the oil field jobs. We in Texas know that the oilfield ,is like a roller coaster ride, every 10 years or so it goes up and down. Unemployment lines, when it happens, will be a son of a gun............Any why did Perry ask all these folks to flood our state?........PS....He sure didn't create these jobs like he claims
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:46:26 PM EST
k
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:47:11 PM EST
I've never heard someone say more people coming into the state to fill jobs was a bad thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:54:08 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
I've never heard someone say more people coming into the state to fill jobs was a bad thing.
View Quote

Yeah I guess you are right....Ebola here in the USA will keep Doctors employed too.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:57:38 PM EST
Like locusts, they will leave when they're done.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:01:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By baseball4:
1000 folks(not counting the illegals) are coming to Texas each day. It's the oil field jobs. We in Texas know that the oilfield ,is like a roller coaster ride, every 10 years or so it goes up and down. Unemployment lines, when it happens, will be a son of a gun............Any why did Perry ask all these folks to flood our state?........PS....He sure didn't create these jobs like he claims
View Quote

Locusts go where there is prosperity.

California was good til they ruined it. When those with wealth/business sense left they took the opportunity with them.

So guess what? Here come the locusts and they will bring all their thieving hood rat parolee family members with them. Those that can vote will do to Texas what they did to California.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:05:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2014 5:06:44 PM EST by sd_norske]
View Quote

Talk to a native Coloradan. I'm not native and I've watched it change for the worse in the 9 years I've been here.

Not my fault, I swear.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:06:16 PM EST

Yeah I guess you are right....Ebola here in the USA will keep Doctors employed too.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Holy non sequitur Batman!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:06:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:08:30 PM EST
I'm not too worried, Texas will be able to get this under control.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:10:06 PM EST
View Quote

Are you saying that an influx of Out of Staters will ruin your state? Do Tell.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:10:51 PM EST
Just doing the jobs that Texans won't do.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:11:08 PM EST
View Quote

How often do we do the "Blue Texas" thread? Can we just poke fun at CA and be done with it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:12:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By CplRick:

View All Quotes

I guess 3rd grade ,all 3 years you went to it ,was tuff to keep up with too.....also non sequitur I suppose
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:18:41 PM EST
these new jobs created the last 10 years, very few have to do with the oil bidness...and yes, I am concerned about the LIbERALS
that have come in with the overall growth of Texas during this time...

but

Houston, Austin and San Antonio were blue 11 years ago..with Dallas a bright purple...ebbing to blue

it's the rural counties keeping Texas Red and common core's attempts will fix that in 10 years...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:28:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By Paul:

Because of the ads in California encouraging people to come to Texas he runs?

California once was a pretty well balanced state until the liberals started coming here - mostly from Mexico but from around the nation. I moved a solid Republican neighborhood - American flags, Chevrolet, apple pie, and campaign signs. Once the real estate boom started those Republicans found they could sell their home for three times what they paid for it 15 years earlier and took the money and left California. Folks from out-of-state moved here - some of them still sporting their out-of-state plates 7 years later (illegally!) - and the place has flipped from a solid (R) to a very solid Democratic district. Mostly younger families with lots snot nosed kids and barking dogs. At least four of the sixteen homes on my street are multi-family now with several generations of families living there with six to eight adults and as many kids ... in a four bedroom home.

My home gets two votes, theirs gets eight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paul:

Because of the ads in California encouraging people to come to Texas he runs?

California once was a pretty well balanced state until the liberals started coming here - mostly from Mexico but from around the nation. I moved a solid Republican neighborhood - American flags, Chevrolet, apple pie, and campaign signs. Once the real estate boom started those Republicans found they could sell their home for three times what they paid for it 15 years earlier and took the money and left California. Folks from out-of-state moved here - some of them still sporting their out-of-state plates 7 years later (illegally!) - and the place has flipped from a solid (R) to a very solid Democratic district. Mostly younger families with lots snot nosed kids and barking dogs. At least four of the sixteen homes on my street are multi-family now with several generations of families living there with six to eight adults and as many kids ... in a four bedroom home.

My home gets two votes, theirs gets eight.

I grew up partly in Garden Grove and Santa Ana. Good middle class neighborhoods where anyone could raise their kids in relative safety. When we left California, it was because my Dad left McDonnell Douglas and took a job with Boeing. That was 1973 and I was 15 years old. From Washington we watched California move further and further left and heard about it from relatives who were still there. My Dad couldn't believe it.

In 1992 I moved from Washington to Arizona so my new wife could be near her family and two young sons. From Arizona I've watched the same thing happen to Washington that happened to California. Much like my Father before me, it was hard to believe the changes that took place.

I can already see the seeds of the left growing in Arizona. Republican women by the masses are going to vote for a Democrat for Governor. My own conservative district elected a woman democrat for the House. The "War on women" is going to pay off in spades for the Democrats for years to come and if we're not careful, Arizona is going to go the way of California and Washington.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:30:31 PM EST

I guess 3rd grade ,all 3 years you went to it ,was tuff to keep up with too.....also non sequitur I suppose
View All Quotes

"Non sequitur" is a noun smart guy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:42:53 PM EST
How's that Eagles song go?
"Call some place Paradise..."
Top Top