Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2002 9:33:34 AM EDT
I must have done something terribly wrong in a previous life because God is determined to crush me every Christmas.  This year's version:

Inlaws coming to our house Christmas Eve.  Wife bouncing off walls for five days prior.  Fix this, clean that , hang this, buy a new bed for sister-in-law who's staying with us. WTF? 4:30 p.m. christmas eve Fort Taliboom overrun by Irish catholic horde.  4:35 p.m. two families call to say they won't be there for dinner, will come later.  Hey no problem, it's not like we had gone to any TROUBLE !!. Tell wife, wife burst into tears.  Typical party mayhem, crying kids, smashed champagne glasses, brother-in-laws (9 of them) arguing about everything.  9:30 p.m. phone rings.  Alarm company in Michigan says furnace in our cottage out. Pipes freezing.  Get up first thing in the morning and drive 90 miles to cottage.  Left suburban in driveway and took real wheel drive sedan.  Snowing like hell up there. car gets stuck half mile from cottage.  Walk rest of way in a pair of loafers. Furnace guy hour late fixes furnace (100 bucks). Drive home.  Walk in the door, Wife says sewer pipe clogged up, sewage in basement.  Go downstairs. Holy shit what a mess.  Call plumber, he'll come over for four hundred bucks on Christmas or 200 bucks on the 26th. I say fine, see you tomorrow, wife says no, her sister needs to take a shower before the next party.  Plumber comes two hours late.  Routs sewer out.  I miss most of my Mom's party.  Get home, tired seven year old goes hysterical when plastic panel falls out of cheap McDonald's drive through toy.  9:30 p.m. phone rings, it's the alarm company, furnace out again.  This time I'm taking the suburban.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
The ham was too salty..........OK you win!
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear that Tailboom!  Where abouts do you live?  We got some nice snow for Christmas. Hope things get better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top