Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 10:55:36 PM EDT
My nephew's birthday was yesterday (he turned 2).  My FIL gives my BIL $100 for food.

So what do BIL do?  He buys a small 8"x10" cake, 2 small boxes of cookies, and three medium pizzas.  That for an expected crowd of 12-16 people.

Yet mommy always seems to have money for a new tattoo.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My BIL is a cheap ass trash

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My nephew's birthday was yesterday (he turned 2).  My FIL gives my BIL $100 for food.

So what do BIL do?  He buys a small 8"x10" cake, 2 small boxes of cookies, and three medium pizzas.  That for an expected crowd of 12-16 people.

It probably costs less than you think to live in a mobile home park.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
www.cheapkids.com
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It probably costs less than you think to live in a mobile home park.  

They live in a $100K (at least that is what they financed) split foyer in a nice subdivision.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]
So Mommy is your sister?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So Mommy is your sister?

Jerry! Jerry!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#7]
That's too bad ,but the only saving grace is I'm sure at two years old your nephew
still had a great time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So Mommy is your sister?

Jerry! Jerry!

I didn't mean it that way.

Just trying to establish the Mother is Burleys sister.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So, he pocketed $75 for himself?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So Mommy is your sister?

No.  BIL is my wife's brother.  He's a pretty nice guy, just really damn cheap.  SIL comes from a broken home and is a little out there.  I feel for my neice and nephew having to visit their two sets of grandparents on SIL's side of the family.  One of the 'grandfathers' stays drunk 24/7 and draws disability.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That's too bad ,but the only saving grace is I'm sure at two years old your nephew
still had a great time.

I'm sure he did (I didn't get to go to the party because of work).  We got him a Spiderman fishing rod and tackle box.  I doubt his dad will ever take him fishing, so I'm planning on taking him under my wing.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Doing the math , 3 pizzas about $25 , cake $15 , cookies $5
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most likely.  And this isn't the first time this has happened.  I think it was last summer, they had a cookout at their house.  FIL gave BIL around $80 for food.  BIL goes out, buys two packs of cheap hot dogs, a tiny container of potato salad, some chips.  And I think they had around 12 at the cookout.

He just has no clue when it comes to this stuff.  Either that or he just doesn't give a shit.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL....

Presents for everyone
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
still had a great time.

I'm sure he did (I didn't get to go to the party because of work).  We got him a Spiderman fishing rod and tackle box.  I doubt his dad will ever take him fishing, so I'm planning on taking him under my wing.

Good for you, and in a few more years you can take him shooting
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#16]
So he just bought like,three crappy frozen pizzas for everyone to eat on?

Has your BIL ever thought of actually cookin up some decent grub for his guests he invites into his home?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:13:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
still had a great time.

Good for you, and in a few more years you can take him shooting

I hope to, but I don't know if his mother will permit that.  BIL wanted a pistol once upon a time, asked me a bunch of questions, then just dropped the topic.  Seems SIL isn't too keen on guns.  Probably why they don't come around my house much.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So he just bought like,three crappy frozen pizzas for everyone to eat on?

Has your BIL ever thought of actually cookin up some decent grub for his guests he invites into his home?

He ordered the pizzas from somewhere (prob. Papa John's or Pizza Hut).

He isn't the world's greatest host.  He once made margaritas with rum.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most likely.  And this isn't the first time this has happened.  I think it was last summer, they had a cookout at their house.  FIL gave BIL around $80 for food.  BIL goes out, buys two packs of cheap hot dogs, a tiny container of potato salad, some chips.  And I think they had around 12 at the cookout.

He just has no clue when it comes to this stuff.  Either that or he just doesn't give a shit.  

Sounds like my SIL. My mom and dad are elderly, and often have her go to the store for them. Every time, she somehow loses the receipt. I figure she skims 40-50% off of them everytime she goes shopping. Maybe $200-$400 a month she makes from them. I'm putting an end to that VERY SOON.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So Mommy is your sister?

No.  BIL is my wife's brother.  He's a pretty nice guy, just really damn cheap.  SIL comes from a broken home and is a little out there.  I feel for my neice and nephew having to visit their two sets of grandparents on SIL's side of the family.  One of the 'grandfathers' stays drunk 24/7 and draws disability.

Ahh I see. So it's not technically a blood relation, which means you would probably be out of line if you tried to set them straight.

Tough situation. I can see why you'd be upset. Just be nice to the kids, it's about all you can do. I'd keep the rest at arms length but I'm sure you already know that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh man, it just gets better...

My wife talked to her mom today.  Turns out that BIL didn't buy the cookies.  Cousin #1 and his wife brought the cookies.  Also, SisIL's mom brought a bag of chips.  So I guess BIL was out even less than originally thought.

Wife told me that hardly anyone ate any pizza since there was so little.  So after the party BIL looks at the boxes, finds that there is almost a whole pizza left.  He made the comment that 'see, I got just enough, not much left over'.  I guess he didn't notice people eating just one slice or none at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top