Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2001 3:42:36 PM EDT
My 16 year old sister has been talking to this 19 year old, who lives on the east coast (we live in OR), on the internet for a couple months now.

They decided to finally meet, and he was comming out here to see her. Our mother was a bit iffy about it, but she said ok, and he could come and stay with her and my mother for a week.

They live in Sisters, Oregon. 3 days ago, she and her "boy friend" drove the 3 hours to Portland, Oregon to see some kind of race. When they got there, they were supposed to be staying with our grandparents.

She never arrived. She has never called, nor responded to her phone messages. We haven't heard from her in three days, and she is NOT the type to be doing anything remotely like this.

My mother called me today, and told me this. She has called the police, and currently they are treating this as a missing persons case.

After seeing what this has done to her, and I thought about what it would be like for her if I killed myself. Then I relized that I could never put her through me commiting suicide. I am not that selfish.

We are hoping for her safe return.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Find the guy she met, and take a blow torch to his testicles.

I hope your sister comes outta this safe and unharmed both physically and emotionaly.
My prayers are with her.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Your Mother needs her head examined. Your sister needs better parental supervision.  You need to get in a car or on a plane and go to your Mothers house, then after collecting as much information as possible, head for Portland.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Portland is a fricken huge city.. the place there they were supposed to stay, my grandparents is in Newberg, same town i'm in.....

about 45 min away from portland.

I wouldnt have ths slightest idea as in where to look. We dont even know if they/she ever got to portland.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]
What the hell was your mother and your sister thinking!!!???  Don't you people ever watch the news for christ sakes?  If you aren't just pulling our chain I hope she is okay, but if this is for real then I am stunned at the ignorance that was displayed here.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
It is for real. I wish it was not.

I made it clear to both of them that I was 100% against it from the start.

I don't know what my mother was thinking.

She is going through a rough devorce right now, and pretty much going to get fucked....

Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
After hearing you confess an understanding for what your Mother would feel, I do now believe you were sincere in your other post....

I am glad that brain fart passed, and I hope you read MY reply to your other post....

Your little sister.....You would NOT believe how easy sometimes to track people down....info, info, info....her computer has CLUES, CLUES, CLUES.....SNOOP, SNOOP, SNOOP....

TRACK, TRACK, TRACK....I would suggest time IS of the essence, IF he has .....LESS than honorable intentions TIME IS CERTAINLY CRITICAL...

SO GET OFF YOUR A** AND GET MOVING........!

BTW, CONGRATS on your entry to the land of teh living...Now go hunt that piece of sheeyat down...He has your sister!
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF  Why the Hell would your MOM let your sister go with someone she doesn't even know This sounds bad from the get go I hope everything comes out OK.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
CavVet's right, get off your computer and get Going.  You ain't doin' anyone any good here and I'm sure you're needed there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#9]
FRUSTRATED: POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

She is going through a rough devorce right now, and pretty much going to get fucked....

View Quote

Well that is the main problem right there. Divorce destroys a family, yet your mother is more concerned about "getting f#cked" then her kids, that's just great(where's the father?). So your sister is missing and a couple of days ago you were thinking about killing yourself, that's just great.

I don't mean to sound mean as I really do feel for you and I do understand when life gets to be to much.  But here's the facts: It sounds like your parents aren't really there for you or your sister emotionally.  As a result of this you will also have problems copping with life...so get help and learn to see the reality of what's going on with your dysfuntional family.  Good luck.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#11]
My email address: [email protected]

My mother devorced my father a few years ago. Best thing that ever happened to her.

All he does is ignore things, and pretend they go away. I cant stand him. We barely talk to eachother now days...

I've never really had a "loving" family as a child...never had that much attention.. when I was 6 years old, I swallowed half a bottle of advil while my mother was in the shower, and my dad was at work.

Mostlikely a cry for attention.

(i was taken to the hospital, and had stomach pumped)

You could say I've never really had a father. Well, one that gave a damn.

This is my mom's second devorce. She knew in her heart that this guy was wrong for her, but she is finally doing something about it. She is getting fucked, and fucked badly in this. She is, and was a good parent. MUCH better than my "father".

Just now things seem to be falling apart, everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#12]
You need to have a competent Computer Forensics Expert scour her computer.  DONT try to do it yourself....I do this for a living, simply turning the PC on will destroy potentially valuable information.  A good forensics guy can put together all of thier email communications and probably get enough clues to find them.  From just the perspective I've read here, my first guess would be that they both planned 'somthing'.....if things are bad in your mom/sisters house, your sister may have been looking for a way out.  At 16, everyone is a little gullible, and one way or the other, she may be in some real danger.  If the local cops havn't pulled her computer in yet, get them to.  Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone contacted your sister's friends?  What do they know about their plans?  Did she introduce this creep to any of them?  Have you searched her room for clues, in additon to her computer?  Be systematic.  You don't need criticism, you need motavation.  Talk to your sister's best friend, it's a real possibility that she knows at least something.  Per the situation you described she (your sister) may be an active participant in this and not a total victim.  Have your mother assist in a very through room search.  Identify what is missing.  Look especially for items with great meaning to your sister.  If she has taken items like that she may have planned this disappearing act out in advance and there is a greater chance she confided in someone. People, especially teenage girls are creatures of habit, she will gravitate toward the things/places/people/lifestyle she knows if she pre-planned this.  Good luck, use your brain, instinct and knowledge to help your family.
Quoted:
My 16 year old sister has been talking to this 19 year old, who lives on the east coast (we live in OR), on the internet for a couple months now.

They decided to finally meet, and he was comming out here to see her. Our mother was a bit iffy about it, but she said ok, and he could come and stay with her and my mother for a week.

They live in Sisters, Oregon. 3 days ago, she and her "boy friend" drove the 3 hours to Portland, Oregon to see some kind of race. When they got there, they were supposed to be staying with our grandparents.

She never arrived. She has never called, nor responded to her phone messages. We haven't heard from her in three days, and she is NOT the type to be doing anything remotely like this.

My mother called me today, and told me this. She has called the police, and currently they are treating this as a missing persons case.

After seeing what this has done to her, and I thought about what it would be like for her if I killed myself. Then I relized that I could never put her through me commiting suicide. I am not that selfish.

We are hoping for her safe return.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#14]
dude, i hate to bring this up, but if the home life is not so great, as you seem to be describing, what are the chances that she's eloped?  maybe she's just looking to get away.  i know you said it wasn't like her not to communicate, but desperate people do desperate things.

all is not lost yet.  i'll keep praying for ya and the family.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#15]
frustrated, hard to say what's going on here, if this post is any more real than the other. If the guy actually stayed with your sis and mom for three days, and then they took off, she's probably ok. Mom would undoubtedly be able to pick him out of a lineup after having him live in her house for 3 days. If he had bad intentions, wouldn't leave a witness unless he was crazier than Tim McVeigh. Can't understand how any mother would let some guy daughter met on the net live in her house and bone her daughter for three days, but, as the name implies, I'm "oldschool". If no one actually laid eyes on the guy, then sis is probably takin a dirt nap somewhere in the forest, and romeo's trolling for his next fish.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#16]
If she has a checking or saving account try checking it for activity.  Also take a look at the phone bill, I bet they have talked on the phone.  

Has anyone seen this guys ID ?  Do you know his name or address? Name of his parents?  If he is 19 he may live at home. Find out where he lives and try phoning that address.

Does this guy have a job? If so call his place of employment looking for him.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Topic - My 16 year old sister has...
View Quote

WHEW!
Just here to make sure it wasn't
herpes.

Man I hate topics with teaser intros.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#18]
frustrated............check your e-mail
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Are you still here? I'm having a hard time believing anything you have to say. This sounds kinda far fetched to me. What is your next post going be? I can just imagine. but then I could have it all wrong
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#20]
frustrated, hard to say what's going on here, if this post is any more real than the other.
View Quote

unfortunately, they are both more real than i would like to relize.

I am NOT a troll, I am not some 12 year old playing around on his daddies computer.

I thank those who have offered advice, and guidence.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#21]
frustrated, if you are for real, then I can understand your posts. Whack yorself tho? No, better to dedicate your life to tracking the low life mofo who aced your sister down and taking a loooong time making him see the error of his ways. Revenge may not bring back the dead, but it's sweet, nevertheless....If sis is ok, and just threw a scare into you and mom, smack her and romeo around and get on with your life.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Frustrated:

Who are YOU?

Is this a "Test"?
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Frustrated, your family is fucked up, you need to join the military and get away from them, you little sister is technically old enough to make her own decisions, and she was the one that wanted to be alone with him.

Good job on not blowing your brains out, no get your shit together, and get away from these fuckin people!
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#25]
CALL THE F.B.I.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Echo that.  Join the military and start over.  I've heard stories from hell about other guy's families.

If your mom has poor judgement at 40 years old she always will.  I sure did not want to hear advice from anyone when I was 16, especially family members who had their own problems.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I think 'ol "frustrated" is jerking our chains, anybody see the other post by "frustrated"? No mother in her right mind would allow a stranger in her house under these circumstances, if she did she should  and could be locked up. Secondly, who upon being faced with this kind of thing wouldn't call the local leo, which I know to be a good reputable department in that town? It's a load of crap guys and just a troll or a zealous abc department looking for either somebody that will volunteer to help him go get this person, either real or imagined, or a potential author looking for novel fodder.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think 'ol "frustrated" is jerking our chains, anybody see the other post by "frustrated"? No mother in her right mind would allow a stranger in her house under these circumstances, if she did she should  and could be locked up. Secondly, who upon being faced with this kind of thing wouldn't call the local leo, which I know to be a good reputable department in that town? It's a load of crap guys and just a troll or a zealous abc department looking for either somebody that will volunteer to help him go get this person, either real or imagined, or a potential author looking for novel fodder.
View Quote

I must say that I'm sorry that you feel this way. As I am for real. I am not an author, not "pulling your chain", and not a troll.

---

I don't have a fucking clue what my mother was thinking when she let him come there...

---

A few minutes ago I received a call from my mom, my sister is OK (thank god), the police have found her, and that is ALL I know at this time.

(as I said before on my other post, "all this shit sort of piled up at once")

---

I have been SERIOUSLY considering joining the Marines.

Thank you for those of you who offered your support.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#29]
get som pics of both of them and post them on the web, if anyone sees them you know what will happen.  you may find some pics that (may) be him on yore sisters computer. and there will be other clues there too. good luck man, go get the bass-terd,  

sorry posted before i read everythin.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 12:12:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Frustrated, glad to hear your sister is ok, check your e-mail!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top