Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 7:33:25 AM EDT
Further proof that myspace is the devil!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/03/D8FHG9T07.html

Police are investigating whether as many as seven teenage girls have been sexually assaulted by men they met through the popular Web site MySpace.com.

The girls, ages 12 to 16, are from Middletown and say they were fondled or had consensual sex with men who turned out to be older than they claimed. None of the incidents appeared to be violent, said Middletown Police Sgt. Bill McKenna.

He said it was difficult to determine the exact number of victims because some girls have been reluctant to disclose that they met their assailants online.

The social networking Web site allows users to create profiles that can include photos, personal information and even cell phone numbers.

In a statement Thursday, MySpace.com said it was committed to providing a safe environment for its users. The site, which includes safety tips, also prohibits use by anyone younger than 14, though a disclaimer says the people who run the site can't always tell if users are lying about their ages.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]
They wouldn't, by chance, be students at Wesleyan University?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Once again, parents not monitoring their childrens use of the web leads to things like this.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The internet is bad for children.  It should be banned . . . it's for the children.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Once again, parents not monitoring their childrens use of the web leads to things like this.

+1

There was a case in MN this week that involved Myspace.com.
Never Meet Strangers from the Web.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Myspace.com is no different than AOL, Yahoo, or MSN.  Blaming myspace for sexual assaults is like blaming guns for crime.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#6]
These fucking people need to keep an eye on their god damned kids.

Bad people are everywhere, even on MySpace.  But someone or something has to take the fall, right?

"Oh, no, not me, I'm a wonderful parent!"
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You can't seriously expect parents to parent! They have other things to do.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bad people are everywhere, even ESPECIALLY on MySpace.  But someone or something has to take the fall, right?

And someone ripped VA_dinger for being a pro-active parent by forbidding his daughter to have an account at myspace.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The internet is bad for children.  It should be banned . . . it's for the children.

If that happens our (ARFCOM Communtiy) social life is fooked.

Oh well..I have a second job as a door gunner on the shuttle to occupy my time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad people are everywhere, even ESPECIALLY on MySpace.  But someone or something has to take the fall, right?

And someone ripped VA_dinger for being a pro-active parent by forbidding his daughter to have an account at myspace.

And they can rip on my ass also. Not going to happen while they live under my roof.

Was watching one of those wife swap shows on tv, one of the kids a 12 year old girl had an account with one of those services, she was claiming to be 16 and was posting provocative photos of herself. The parents did nothing about it, because all the other kids are doing it. I say bullshit.

Parents need to quit trying to be your kids best friend and be parents.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#11]
People post pics of themselves, contact info.. etc, etc.... If I had kids... No "My Space" for them... Too many wingnuts out there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Parents need to quit trying to be your kids best friend and be parents.

Amen to that!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They wouldn't, by chance, be students at Wesleyan University?

My first thought.  I'm from the town south of Middletown... it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Isn't that Dateline show on tonight where the online child molesters show up at the house to meet their "dates" and are greeted by newscameras, reporters, and the police?

msnbc.msn.com/id/10912603/
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Isn't that Dateline show on tonight where the online child molesters show up at the house to meet their "dates" and are greeted by newscameras, reporters, and the police?

msnbc.msn.com/id/10912603/

yeah, it's on tonight. I'll have to tape it for later viewing.

The last one was creepy - a guy who got caught was back trolling the next day and got caught again!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#16]
When I have kids, and when they get old enough to have their own computers, they will have to go through my server.  I will monitor what they access, and limit what they can access.  I will be involved with them, and talk with them about what they see and do.

I will not be dad.

I will be

THE ADMINISTRATOR
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I still don't understand why some people put all of their personal information....including pics of themselves and friends all over the internet (myspace).  I don't think most people realize how many freaks there are out there that can use that info to steal your identity....or even worse.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Just think if MySpace didn't exist, it'd be like letting the animals out of the zoo. We'd have all these teenage morons all over the internet instead of just one place.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Myspace.com is no different than AOL, Yahoo, or MSN.  Blaming myspace for sexual assaults is like blaming guns for crime.

those bad guns are the worst of them all.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

those bad guns are the worst of them all.

The EE is a tool for Fraud. The EE is Bad Bad I say
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I still don't understand why some people put all of their personal information....including pics of themselves and friends all over the internet (myspace).  I don't think most people realize how many freaks there are out there that can use that info to steal your identity....or even worse.....

Because some people are stupid.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#22]
There are some seriously screwed up bitches on that site... I love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top