BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/22/2021 8:45:59 AM EDT
Just saying
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Needs a poll of how many think he'll get a slap on the wrist/pay a fine or do 7 years for negligent manslaughter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I most likely own more guns than Baldwin and yet I've never killed anyone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Needs a poll of how many think he'll get a slap on the wrist/pay a fine or do 7 years for negligent manslaughter.
View Quote

We're still missing facts
A prop master hands an actor a prop gun to complete a scene, the actor fully expects the prop gun to function as intended and has no intent to cause any harm.
As soon as the scene is over, from what I hear these actors immediately hand the prop gun back to the prop master.
There is no reason to charge the actor with anything.
I would say that the prop master is the one who is looking at some form of civil penalties if it can be shown that they didn't exercise due diligence in making sure the gun was functioning as intended.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A prop master hands an actor a prop gun to complete a scene, the actor fully expects the prop gun to function as intended and has no intent to cause any harm.
As soon as the scene is over, from what I hear these actors immediately hand the prop gun back to the prop master.
I would say that the prop master is the one who is looking at some form of civil penalties if it can be shown that they didn't exercise due diligence in making sure the gun was functioning as intended.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that what happened or was he fooling around?

Why did he point it at people off stage?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe YOUR guns have killed less people  ....

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#7]
What a time to be alive
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#8]
The guy is a shithead but he's not the asshole here.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Channeling Chaney.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The guy is a shithead but he's not the asshole here.
View Quote

Let’s wait for the investigation.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#11]
There's a ripe opportunity for a t shirt business with this.

"Alec Baldwin has killed more people than"

And finish with whatever.

My AR15
My AK47
My FAL
My Beretta
All of my guns
99.99% of Gun Owners
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#12]
"Give me a blank Vasili, one blank only"
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I personally haven't but I have no doubt some of my guns have killed more people than Baldwin. Just depends on what kind of guns you own.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I killed more paper Tangos than you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Fewer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#19]
How long til that shitstain turns this into another anti gun hit piece?  FAB
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I most likely own more guns than Baldwin and yet I've never killed anyone.
View Quote

Yet.

Time maybe coming.  Maybe.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I need help understanding the thought that he should somehow be held criminally negligent.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#23]
OP bragging about his virgin gun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Alec is a narcissist. I see him getting on his anti gun high horse in some kooky attempt to make restitution for his accident.

"See what can happen even under controlled circumstances supervised by professionals". So none of us flyovers have the smarts to safely handle one of those death machines.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I need help understanding the thought that he should somehow be held criminally negligent.
View Quote

Well clearly, as the armorer on set- all of the firearms are his responsibility.
It’s not like he was just some actor being given a prop & then direction. ???????
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He wasn’t supposed to point the gun at anyone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

legal issues aside, perhaps if actors who were going to handle guns, even though they are props, learned to shoot and handle guns safety they'd be more safe.  I know if I were an actor, knowing what I know as a shooter, I'd never do what you said.  I'd check everything myself before I pointed a "prop" gun at anyone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is this the Baldwin that is married to a lady from Spain?
View Quote

She isnt from Spain... She made it all up. She is goofier than he is. Must be a better actor too, as she had everyone convinced.
Hilaria Baldwin
Alec Baldwin's wife, who's accused of pretending to be from Spain, said her "deep connection to two cultures could have been better explained." Hilaria Baldwin returned to social media this week after a monthlong hiatus in an effort she said to clear up allegations that she'd appropriated elements of Spanish heritage.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well clearly, as the armorer on set- all of the firearms are his responsibility.
It's not like he was just some actor being given a prop & then direction.
View Quote

What? He was the armorer? I haven't read that. Please enlighten.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assume he pointed it at the camera they were operating.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Arrogant prick deserves all the negativity that will come out of this...
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
There's a ripe opportunity for a t shirt business with this.

"Alec Baldwin has killed more people than"

And finish with whatever.

My AR15
My AK47
My FAL
My Beretta
All of my guns
99.99% of Gun Owners
View Quote

I would buy a couple.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Let’s go Baldwin!
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP bragging about his virgin gun.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not like he was just some actor being given a prop & then direction.

(Sarcasm)

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

(Sarcasm)

View Quote

Ah, didn't pick up on it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree 100%.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did it hit the camera too?  Until all the facts are in, it is way too early to absolve anyone of responsibility.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#43]
I wonder if the scene will be in the directors cut.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Alec Baldwin is a dick, but we don't even fully have the details...  There is a lot of rumor and speculation.  Right now some of us are acting like BLM rush to judgement type folks.

My questions are.
1. What really happened? Live rounds? or what?  I thought prop guns were supposed to be made so that they could not fire or chamber live ammo. IF not, they damn sure should be.

2. How was more than one person injured?  When the firearm was fired did a (Legit or accidental/malfunction) projectile pass through the first victim, killing them, then enter the second victim sending them to the hospital? Was it Buck Shot, heard it was a western movie and often time they use shotguns.   Or did he fire a 2nd time hitting the 2nd victim???

The guy in charge of prop weapons needs different policies and procedures in place to prevent shit like this from happening.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I hate anti- gunners with a passion.

I fell sorry for the guy though - he took a life and it was not supposed to happen.
His mind is blown.

Hollyweird needs to correct their methods in dealing with prop guns and blanks.
Apparently their experts are not so expert.

This is at least 2 people who died from prop guns and blanks.

Maybe a 30 day waiting period for Hollyweird before touching the prop gun from time of application for using a prop gun and use the time for 30 days of training prior to even touching a prop gun.
Training must be within 60 days of touching the gun for the show or movie for the first time.
Training must be reaccomplished for each project and cannot carryover from one movie to the next.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I personally haven't but I have no doubt some of my guns have killed more people than Baldwin. Just depends on what kind of guns you own.
View Quote

I have a 1917 revolver that has been to England and back on lend lease.
So who knows, right?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:47:47 AM EDT
[#47]
what about the tranny bruce jenner that killed someone with his car a few years back?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#48]
same, well at least since I took ownership of them
some are WW2 surplus so I can't say for sure. They probably didn't see combat as they're in good shape but you never know
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Wonder if he had an issue with the dead person ?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top