Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 11/19/2021 1:11:17 AM EDT
I had it parked in front of my house.  Locked too.  No valuables in it either.

I loved that truck.  Had the EGR delete done, SCT X4 tuner, leveled, steering damper shocks, etc.

I bought it when my son was in the hospital as a premie in the NICU.  It was already on order and my wife and I needed it for my work.

Raised the kids in the truck.  They would come running to the door at day care when they heard it pull in.  We hauled our camper around for summer vacations and I used it our at the family ranch for well, ranch stuff.

Fuckers took it at 11:15 last night.  They busted the lock, and inside of 2 min had it started and drove off.  It was targeted as that was the only vehicle they went after on the street.  

Real deal was it is a manual transmission.  Surprised they found a thief to drive that.  Video showed they had no problem taking off.  Video also sucks at night under IR conditions.

APD was called and due to the shity city council here in Austin they are way understaffed and could not come by for five hours.  So now five hours later it is in the system as stolen.

My buddy at APD (member here) said it was likely in Mexico by this morning as they use these trucks to haul drugs and people.  Officers that came by said they have had good success finding stolen cars lately.  My daughter's boyfriend's dad works for APD auto theft so he is looking into it for me.

I'm so pissed since I cant replace it due to money and even finding one like it and all the family memories we had.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#1]
It probably broke down before it got to Mexico.

I bet @horsechick68w wishes their 6.no was stolen.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Not rich enough op. Shoulda been in your robotically controlled fully automatic super secret bunker
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:15:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had it parked in front of my house.  Locked too.  No valuables in it either.

I loved that truck.  Had the EGR delete done, SCT X4 tuner, leveled, steering damper shocks, etc.

I bought it when my son was in the hospital as a premie in the NICU.  It was already on order and my wife and I needed it for my work.

Raised the kids in the truck.  They would come running to the door at day care when they heard it pull in.  We hauled our camper around for summer vacations and I used it our at the family ranch for well, ranch stuff.

Fuckers took it at 11:15 last night.  They busted the lock, and inside of 2 min had it started and drove off.  It was targeted as that was the only vehicle they went after on the street.  

Real deal was it is a manual transmission.  Surprised they found a thief to drive that.  Video showed they had no problem taking off.  Video also sucks at night under IR conditions.

APD was called and due to the shity city council here in Austin they are way understaffed and could not come by for five hours.  So now five hours later it is in the system as stolen.

My buddy at APD (member here) said it was likely in Mexico by this morning as they use these trucks to haul drugs and people.  Officers that came by said they have had good success finding stolen cars lately.  My daughter's boyfriend's dad works for APD auto theft so he is looking into it for me.

I'm so pissed since I cant replace it due to money and even finding one like it and all the family memories we had.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3918/55279915-4F4B-473C-855A-5E04F3B56C28_jpe-2172326.JPG
View Quote

Anything in the car? Guns? Ammo? Tools? Any bumper stickers on it?

How many miles are you from the border?

It looked like a badass truck OP, how much did you put into it?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]
They busted the lock, and inside of 2 min had it started and drove off.
View Quote
I'm genuinely curious, are they that easy to hotwire?  I know my '07 doesn't have a chip in the key...
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:17:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to hear that, OP.

The 1st gen Ford Super Duty trucks are HUGE thief magnets. If they're not the most stolen vehicle per capita, they've got to be way up there. There's got to be something about the ease of taking them, the value the trucks and/or the parts bring, and the fact that those trucks are always parked outside.

My neighbor has been keeping his wife's car behind his F-250 for years now for this very reason.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:18:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I am sorry for your loss.
'Theives should be COC'd
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:20:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It probably broke down before it got to Mexico.

I bet @horsechick68w wishes their 6.no was stolen.
View Quote

I had it bullet proofed.  Did all the regular service myself.  In fact I just changed the transmission fluid on Monday.

6.0's like their filters!  My mechanic said was in great shape.  No issues.

154K miles on it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:20:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to hear. Hope you get your truck back intact and those responsible are CoC’d
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:21:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Anything in the car? Guns? Ammo? Tools? Any bumper stickers on it?

How many miles are you from the border?

It looked like a badass truck OP, how much did you put into it?
View Quote

Nothing in it other than a garmin gps, and my x4 tuner.  Some work gloves too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#11]
That's a real nice looking truck, I would be so pissed.

Had my car broken into one night when I was younger and they stole my whole stereo system which I saved up forever to afford. I was so mad, I can't imagine how you must feel.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:23:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm genuinely curious, are they that easy to hotwire?  I know my '07 doesn't have a chip in the key...
View Quote

Yes, buddy at APD said that year model was easy to get into and hotwire.  I knew it was easy to get into but I figured the manual would save me there.  Plus I didn't know it was so easy to hot wire.

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:25:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Sucks man, sorry to hear that.  Looks like a really nice truck and some good memories in it.
Insurance will take the sting out a little. Thieves suck.

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:25:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

In those Fords the Ignition cylinder in the steering column actuates a rod going down the column to a box under the dash. That box contains the actual ignition switch... when you turn the key it pushes/pulls the rod which in turn moves the switch... in about ten minutes you can take everything apart neatly and start it with a pair of pliers, or in about thirty seconds you can break the plastic and do the same. Or you can break the key cylinder and start it from the column.

In short, they’re extremely easy to start with no key. Super Duties got PATS in ‘08, as well as a more robust ignition switch contained entirely in the steering column. Adds some complexity but they can still be defeated.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#15]
That hurts.. sorry man.  Hope it gets located.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:27:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#17]
There is some mod with a hidden switch that keeps it from being started,   But damn, stealing a manual.  They really wanted that one.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:29:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes, buddy at APD said that year model was easy to get into and hotwire.  I knew it was easy to get into but I figured the manual would save me there.  Plus I didn't know it was so easy to hot wire.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Manual transmissions aren't the mystical theft deterring devices the internet seems to think they are. A guy who has the mechanical ability to pop the lock on a truck and start the engine in under 2 minutes probably has shifted a few gears before.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:33:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

shit, theres alot more folks out there that can swing a manual than you think obviously. especially the "folks" south of the border. thats basically all they drive
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:33:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Manual transmissions aren't the mystical theft deterring devices the internet seems to think they are. A guy who has the mechanical ability to pop the lock on a truck and start the engine in under 2 minutes probably has shifted a few gears before.
View Quote

you have a good point sir.

My buddy was always after car thieves at APD and said the same.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry for your loss.
Fuck thieves.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:41:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#23]
That sucks. For some reason I thought the keys were chipped. Stupid things are big enough. With the shape of my Excursion I might be better off if someone took it
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:48:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you think about it on a per capita basis, I'd guess that manual transmission vehicles are actually MORE likely to be stolen because the vehicles themselves are more likely to be desirable. Muscle cars, import sport/tuners, 4x4s, etc...
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:54:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Could be used on an atm pull and recovered shortly also.  Being that close to Mexico it’s possible either way.
View Quote

That's also what by friend with APD said.  But he said they don't pull as much but smash it in reverse grab, go and dump the truck somewhere else.  So it could be wrecked hard too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:55:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Big 4x4 pickups have been a prime target for theft for years here in the Southwest, buddy had his stolen from a restaurant parking lot while he ate lunch.
It was found in the desert near Mexico several days later, every light was smashed as was almost every body panel, the gas tank had been punctured to drain what gas remained when it broke.
Police say it likely was full of illegals and drugs that unassed it when it died, it was so torn up that he was afraid it would not be totaled as it was near new.
I hope that you get luckier.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 2:01:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry to hear that. Most reliable vehicle we've owned, people who modded them created most of their own issues. The cooling system needs a good flush when new to prevent clogging the oil cooler with casting flash which was the main issue.

Ours is bone stock and 240K miles on original headgaskets, 20mpg to boot. Thing runs like a champ. I hope karma gets the thief
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 2:06:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 2:32:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Sorry OP. I really, really hate thieves.

What part of Austin?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 2:42:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sorry OP. I really, really hate thieves.

What part of Austin?
View Quote

South Austin off Slaughter in Tangle Wood between Manchec and Brodie.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 2:58:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Yep, that key is chipped.  Hopefully your full coverage will give you more than the scrap price that any 6.0 is worth.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:04:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yep, that key is chipped.  Hopefully your full coverage will give you more than the scrap price that any 6.0 is worth.
View Quote

Key is chipped?  I made spare keys made and they ran the truck fine.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry brother, I had my F250 stolen out of north Texas in 2011.  Liability only, and no aftermarket deterrents.

Just a heads up, when your vehicle is stolen, it will be on the reported stolen car list for the remainder of the year you report it in, plus 4 years.  Mine is probably in Mexico, too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:40:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Fuck thieves
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#35]
It is in Mexico or in 1000 pieces now.  I lost a F250 4WD in New Mexico a few years ago.  NM Highway patrol came and took a report.  It was like talking to 8 year olds.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:45:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That sucks. For some reason I thought the keys were chipped. Stupid things are big enough. With the shape of my Excursion I might be better off if someone took it
View Quote

Even if they are it's often disappointingly easy to bypass.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:49:55 AM EDT
[#37]
How are new f250's with regards to ease of theft?

I'm surprised car theft is still a thing with super cheap GPS trackers, squirilled away kill switches, etc...
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:54:21 AM EDT
[#38]
I put a GPS tracker in mine for this reason
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:12:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm surprised car theft is still a thing with super cheap GPS trackers, squirilled away kill switches, etc...
View Quote

Very easy, company 2 blocks from me lost 2x 2018 F-450s in the company parking.

In liberal shitholes, thieves are not scared of the police since, they will get PR bonds for their 8th felony charge and most likely get probation with no jail time from an activist WOKE judge.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#40]
That gen ford is pretty easy to get started. That sucks OP.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:50:13 AM EDT
[#41]
sorry for your loss, Chida
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Notify the ford dealers near you!  It'll probably turn up soon.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can’t believe that anyone ever thought it was deterrent.  

Good luck getting it back OP.   I hope the perps get caught.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:59:15 AM EDT
[#44]
That sucks.  I am sorry that happened to you.  Thieves should be executed on the spot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Sorry to hear that OP.
Seems you only have basic insurance, can't fault you for that either but it's got to hurt.

Thieving bastards should be shot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 6:36:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Best protection for 6.0s
Take the FICM relay and for double protection, unplug the fuel pump.

The columns are as 1 poster outlines, quite chintzy and easy to pop without having to "hot wire".

No voltage to FICM-crank no start.
No fuel pressure? It might fire off residual pressure and if it does? Won't idle for more than a minute.

Another head scratcher for car jackets and UTI wonderbois.
Plug a bad EBP sensor in. Enjoy idle only fuckers!

That one separated techs from parts swappers. A bad EBP sensor = idle only.
If getting to the cam sensor wasn't such a pain in the dick, unplug that one too. Crank no start.

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 6:42:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

In those Fords the Ignition cylinder in the steering column actuates a rod going down the column to a box under the dash. That box contains the actual ignition switch... when you turn the key it pushes/pulls the rod which in turn moves the switch... in about ten minutes you can take everything apart neatly and start it with a pair of pliers, or in about thirty seconds you can break the plastic and do the same. Or you can break the key cylinder and start it from the column.

In short, they’re extremely easy to start with no key. Super Duties got PATS in ‘08, as well as a more robust ignition switch contained entirely in the steering column. Adds some complexity but they can still be defeated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ford's bad designs never cease to amaze me.

Sorry for your vehicular loss OP. That really sucks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Sadly it's across the border now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 7:07:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seen a brand new Super Duty crew cab driving off the lot at Gary Crossley Ford in Liberty MO with its lights off at 2:30am a few months ago. Could see the window stickers on it from I-35. So probably not that hard.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top