Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 1:30:23 PM EDT
I have a 2004 Mustang Mach1, it sat for a month while getting some repairs and now that i got it backit shifts roughly. Sometimes it goes into gear fine, but sometimes it doesnt go smoothly. Does it have a hydraulic clutch? I had the same problem on my Sonoma and it just needed to have the clucth bled. So i think its the same thing if it has a hydraulic clutch. Can anybody give me some info? I searched online but couldnt find anything.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure that's a cable operated clutch.  Not much to go wrong, especially on a new one.  Try lifiting the pedal with your foot, that's how they 'adjust' (take up the slack in the cable).  Other than that I'm not sure.  You didn't just change your trans oil did you?  I put synthetic in mine and it was a big mistake, went back to mineral oil and all was good.  Best of luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top