Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2004 6:36:11 PM EDT
*Muslims added because I hate threads that wind up in the goose-egg reply column*

So I'm thinking about an RV...

this RV SHOW THAT IS BIGGER THAN ALL THE LANDS OF ISLAM is next week and am wondering if it is worth the trip, any thoughts?

Serious replies only.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think Muslims have a Remote Viewing Capability.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
praise be to Allah for saving this thread from a goose egg!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Your topic title made me think of this:

Picture of (mi)RV removed to avoid lock

Am I a bad man?

eta: Alright, alright. Just joking...

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh Mohammed! The thread it will be having the locked soon! Oh no!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Haha...

I dunno squat about RVs... but what part of PA you in?  

- BG
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thread resurrected - It is your own
fault for stoking the fire.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haha...

I dunno squat about RVs... but what part of PA you in?  

- BG

much thanks be to you for answering this question! I am in subsaharan Pennsylvania, near the oasis known as Pittsburgh. I know it will be many nights by camel to the holy city of Harrisburg, as I am but a poor subject of Ayatollah Fast Eddie Rendell who flies on the magic carpet of the PA state police at over 100 miles per hours! I am looking for the class C or maybe the fifth wheel which can be towed behind the ox, yes?

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Across the river is an RV, and inside the RV is a boy with an ass like a peach, but alas I have no boat
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
RV shows can be great for:

1. Getting some idea of what size, features and price range you're looking for, or
2. Getting a decent deal on an RV model that you've already decided on (after some CAREFUL deliberation).

However, trying to combine items #1 and #2 in a single visit is usually a bad idea. NOBODY who makes a compulsion RV purchase is ever happy with their choice for very long.

Research.

Research some more.

Ask other RV owners for their opinions.

Do some more research.

After you decide exactly what kind of RV you want, you'd probably be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't also consider buying a used one. (If you thought automobiles suffered from huge depreciation once you drove them off the dealer's sales lot, you ain't seen nothin' yet... )
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Across the river is an RV, and inside the RV is a boy with an ass like a peach, but alas I have no boat

ar

You talk the crazy talk which makes no sense! What kind of boy would have the donkey that looks like a fruit? You are possessed by the demons, I will call Akbar!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
RV shows can be great for:

1. Getting some idea of what size, features and price range you're looking for, or
2. Getting a decent deal on an RV model that you've already decided on (after some CAREFUL deliberation).

However, trying to combine items #1 and #2 in a single visit is usually a bad idea. NOBODY who makes a compulsion RV purchase is ever happy with their choice for very long.

Research.

Research some more.

Ask other RV owners for their opinions.

Do some more research.

After you decide exactly what kind of RV you want, you'd probably be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't also consider buying a used one. (If you thought automobiles suffered from huge depreciation once you drove them off the dealer's sales lot, you ain't seen nothin' yet... )

yup, definitely not gonna buy this trip, did order a few brochures (they appear in the mail like magic! how does this happen!?!? praise be to Allah!) but wanted to get to see a bunch of different ones in one fell swoop - just wondering if the Harrisburg show is a zoo or if it is possible to get in & out & see everything in a day or so...

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You talk the crazy talk which makes no sense! What kind of boy would have the donkey that looks like a fruit? You are possessed by the demons, I will call Akbar!

Dont worry, I will bring him myself !

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm on my 3rd motor home and haven't been to an rv show yet. I just shop the rv dealers and look thru the ads. An rv show would be a good idea for someone just getting their first rv.  I think you'll be suprised at the number of brands and models. Just about every one will have a different floor plan.
I started with a 24' Winnabago class A with a dodge 440 engine. Plenty of power and reliable.
Then a 30' Sprinter class A with a Chevy 454 engine. Damm thing ate starters and cooked plug wires and finally the engine threw a rod thru the block. Last 454 I'll ever own.
I now have a 27' Travelmaster class C on a Ford E350 with a 460 engine. Plenty of power. Class C's
make more noise from lack of streamlining. Noise from the air flowing around the cab and front of the unit.
I know that GM makes good engines, but that 454 in the motor home I had was not one of them!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:24:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm leaning towards a Class C or maybe a B+, not something huge, I'd guess 24 to 26' would prolly* do.

Would like to get a diesel, if for no other reason than cruising range (heard that diesels get 50%+ better mileage in an RV - can anyone confirm?) If I go diesel then the choice is - whose diesel is best? Powerstroke? Duramax? Cummins?

*prolly included to irk a member who despises the word

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Get the EM50.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:54:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Now yer talk'in !!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Get the EM50.

www.cloudster.com/Sets&Vehicles/Stripes/Stripes_564.jpg

the MPU!!!

(Mobile Party Unit)

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top