Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 7:37:50 AM EDT
x100000000000000000000000000000

I read the cover of todays Newday which says "FDNY Iman says i'm not sure highjackers did this"
This guy was the second ever Iman sworn into the FDNY chaplin service. So I goto the Website to see that he's Already RESIGNED over this!!!!!!
x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Imam resigns as FDNY chaplain

bY CAROL EISENBERG
STAFF WRITER

September 30, 2005, 11:20 AM EDT
An imam slated to be sworn in Friday as the second Muslim chaplain in Fire Department history, resigned today after Newsday reported he questioned whether 19 hijackers were responsible for the Sept. 11 terror attacks, and suggested a broader conspiracy may have brought down the Twin Towers and killed more than 2,700 people.

"The Fire Department this morning received the resignation of Imam Intikab Habib from his position of FDNY Chaplain," said FDNY Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta. "Based on comments he made to Newsday, Imam Intikab Habib would have been unable to effectively serve in the role he was appointed to."
In a telephone interview Thursday, Imam Intikab Habib, 30, a native of Guyana who studied Islam in Saudi Arabia, said he doubted the United States government's official story blaming 19 hijackers associated with al-Quaida and Osama bin Laden.

"I as an individual don't know who did the attacks," said Habib, 30, a soft-spoken man who immigrated to New York in July 2000 after spending six years in Saudi Arabia getting a degree in Islamic theology and law. "There are so many conflicting reports about it. I don't believe it was 19 ... hijackers who did those attacks."

Asked to elaborate on his reasons for doubting that story, he talked about video and news reports widely disseminated in the Muslim community.

"I've heard professionals say that nowhere ever in history did a steel building come down with fire alone," he said. "It takes two or three weeks to demolish a building like that. But it was pulled down in a couple of hours. Was it 19 hijackers who brought it down, or was it a conspiracy?"

Questioned about who he believed was responsible for the attacks, Habib said he didn't know. He said, however, that he did not expect to raise his doubts with rank-and-file firefighters -- nor did he share them two weeks ago when he participated in several Sept. 11 memorials on behalf of the Fire Department.

"My position as a chaplain is that whoever did it, it's a tragic incident," he said. "I feel sorrow for the families who lost loved ones and for the firefighters who died in it. Whoever did it, it was a very wrong thing. It's always wrong to take an innocent human life."

A spokesman for the Fire Department, Frank Gribbon, said that Habib was recommended by the department's Islamic Society and was hired "based on his credentials as a religious person. We don't ask new employees about their political views before we hire them."

Stephen Cassidy, president of the Uniformed Firefighters Association, could not be reached for comment.

Habib's remarks about the attacks came in response to questions about whether he thought firefighters would accept a chaplain who had been educated in Saudi Arabia.

He said he did not expect that to be an issue because "I come from a country where you're accustomed to living with people of different ethnic, religious and racial backgrounds."

When pressed further about whether the hijackers' backgrounds -- 15 of whom were Saudi -- might make his training an issue for still-grieving firefighters, he went on to express his own doubts about the hijacker story.

Habib was one of several imams recommended for the chaplain's job by the Islamic Society for the Fire Department, as a result of his work teaching junior high students at Al-Ihsan Academy in Ozone Park, a private Islamic school, where he worked for about five years.

"He's a good man," said Hakim Braxton, president of the Islamic Society. "Any statements he's made, he's responsible for ... But I would ask that the citizens of this city give him a chance and judge him on his actions."

Braxton also stressed that neither he nor anyone in the Islamic Society would agree with anyone who tried to justify the terror attack in any way. "I lost friends, family, co-workers," he said.

Braxton described Habib as a "humble, grounded and family man, which is a good thing in this job, because he's trying to help everyone and he's representing a very diverse community."

Habib himself said he saw his role as ministering to every member of the Fire Department, not just to Muslims.

"Being a chaplain in the Fire Department, I serve the whole Fire Department," he said.

Studied islamic law in saudi arabia for 6 years. what a perfect candidate for a service that saw hundreds of members die on 9-11!! Who hired this traitor? Any why ins't he on a slow boat to Mecca right now from being deported.

ETA decided to add Newsday hotlink:newsday story
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#1]
They have them on camera.  They have them on tape.

I need some of what he is smoking.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Everything I need to know about Islam I learned on 9/11.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:43:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They have them on camera.  They have them on tape.

I need some of what he is smoking.

Camera and tape never, ever lies.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#5]
IBTT(In before the Thumper308)

Maybe Thumper was the chaplain. That could explain things...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is the mother of all DU 9/11 conspiracy threads.  It has every tin foil hat conspiracy with web links that show the "proof"

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2124064

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Congratulation Imam Intikab Habib!!!

You've just nominated yourself to be the latest addition to Homeland Securtiy's terrorist watch list!!!

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#8]
<tinfoil hat> Everyone knows that the Israelis/Jews were the ones responsible for 9/11 </tinfoil hat>
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That is exactly what I have said.....

Figures this scumbag would try to blame something or someone else, what do expect from a RoPer?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#10]
That's fucking retarted - who says that shit?
Way to help the cause of helping people realize not all muslims are terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here is the mother of all DU 9/11 conspiracy threads.  It has every tin foil hat conspiracy with web links that show the "proof"

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2124064

Some grade A stupid in that thread.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"He's a good man," said Hakim Braxton, president of the Islamic Society. "Any statements he's made, he's responsible for ... But I would ask that the citizens of this city give him a chance and judge him on his actions."

His actions were to spit in the face of the NYFD.

Judge him as an idiot, and fire his behind.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Exactly.

HH
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#14]
So how long as the Imam had a membership here?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Ya see????? I've Dueled with you before about Islam on this board, and i never understood why someone would take "their side" We're not stupid you know! I read articles like this all the time. Thats why most people belive that the majority of Muslims are against America. Even if they belive that 9-11 was wrong (yeah right). They still basically subscribe to all the demands that Al-queda has. They just think it should be done by "other means" But they still want Sharia, Islamic domination, Burkas for women and zakat for the infidels.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
IBTT(In before the Thumper308) Maybe Thumper was the chaplain. That could explain things...

Hehe, good call! thedoctor308 is in now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#17]
[sarcasm]havent you guys ever seen Wag the Dog?  it was staged by the media[/sarcasm]

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

CAIR?

All moslems are not terrorists? When did that happen? Berka berka mo-ham id jihad.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Well, apparently a fine upstanding iman, a good muslim, showing true colors.

Maybe not all muslims are terrorists, but most will side with the terrorists....

I know you will disagree, but thats what I think....
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe not all muslims are terrorists, but most will side with the terrorists....

When the choice comes down to that between a "bad" Muslim and a "good" infidel, on which side do you think most Muslims will line up?

I think that if push comes to shove most muslims will align with islam, no matter what. If their imans start telling them that jihad is the way to go, look out USA.

That is a major problem I see with islam....any true muslim will always be a muslim first, regardless of nationality or place of domocile. Most muslims in this country if forced to take a side, will side with islam, and not the US. They will become the enemy within, and we will be fighting this war inside our own borders, in our cities, towns, and streets.

That is the danger as far as I see it...those so called "moderates" will be screaming "Durka, Durka Jihad" if and when they see an opportunity to gain victory and turn the US into just another islamic state. THAT is the stated goal of CAIR...

That is the model that has been followed throughout history....
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the choice comes down to that between a "bad" Muslim and a "good" infidel, on which side do you think most Muslims will line up?

If they had a backpack I wouldn't stick around long enough to see which side he/she/it went towards.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Now that is a great group of guys to piss off. The whole FDNY deserves to beat the shit out of this asshole.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Good.

They (Islamoterrorists) are trying to infilatrate everywhere they can.

This one got fucked.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I think that if push comes to shove most muslims will align with islam, no matter what. If their imans start telling them that jihad is the way to go, look out USA.

Gotta remember also that there are different paths of Muslim.

Damn, I can't remember the name of one of the sects.

Gotta go to another board and find it.  Back in 10.

EDIT:  remembered as soon as I posted.

Search 'Hadith'  Those are some fucked up Muslims.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

HH

Quoted:
They (Islamoterrorists) are trying to infilatrate everywhere they can.

This one got fucked.

Islamoterrorists are like cockroaches.

For every one you SEE, there's a hundred more you don't.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Dang... the sig lines just keep on comin'. Is somebody getting all of this? It's like the sober light of truth is shining on the usually wacky GD board today.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
"Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush." Koran, Sura 9:5 (Muslims pouring into Iraq from all over the world to kill Americans.)

"Oh Prophet! Strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is hell, an evil refuge indeed." Koran, Sura 9:73 (Anything is justified when fighting against the denizens of hell, right?)

"When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly." Koran, Sura 47:4 (Sound familiar? Ask Eugene Armstrong. Oh wait...)

Oh, no, now you've done it....used the korans' own words to prove the point  

But now you'll have some crying, ooohhh, its translated wrong, ohh, you have to read it in arabic, blah, blah, blah...

But I like it!

Unfortunately IBTL....
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#30]

"There are so many conflicting reports about it. I don't believe it was 19 ... hijackers who did those attacks."

I wonder what was left out in that ellipsis (...) "Glorious Holy Muslim Martyr Brothers, praise be their names"?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#31]
I saw Imam Intikab Habib earlier. He was signing some papers to purchase the Brooklyn Bridge.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Religious people are wackos.....
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Religious people are wackos.....

Good one man... you go girl!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta remember also that there are different paths of Muslim.

Damn, I can't remember the name of one of the sects.

Gotta go to another board and find it.  Back in 10.

EDIT:  remembered as soon as I posted.

Search 'Hadith'  Those are some fucked up Muslims.

Here are the ones that the US Government dept, GAO has identified

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=392295
In the view of the GAO, "Islamic extremism" as a broad category "is the pre-eminent threat to U.S. interests"--rather than al Qaeda, which is a single exemplar of the phenomenon. Further, the GAO is admirably clear on what Islamic extremism consists of: "an Islamic ideology that denies the legitimacy of nonbelievers and practitioners of other forms of Islam [aside from the Saudi version] and that explicitly promotes hatred, intolerance, and violence." The report takes into account the differing definitions of
Islamic extremism: "militant Islam," "radicalism," "fundamentalism," "jihadism," "Wahhabism," and "Salafism."
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll see your pic...

members.cox.net/_themacallan/LearnAboutIslam.jpg

and raise you this...

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
"radicalism," "fundamentalism," "jihadism," "Wahhabism," and "Salafism."

All kinds of "ism's". www.isfullofcrap.com/oldcrap/008254.html
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#37]
How many Islamic firefighters are they?  Now Irish Catholic, different story.  And Italians...you cannot go to any fireatation in NYC without either Irish or Italian cooking dominating the fare.  Those NYC firemen cook some of the best grub using their mothers' receipies.

But Islamic?  definitely a PLANT.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'll see your pic...

members.cox.net/_themacallan/LearnAboutIslam.jpg

and raise you this...

Hmmm.........I don't think that poster gets as much exposure as it needs, maybe a reprinting is in order
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Those magnificient 19 are some God damn plug ugly mother fuckers! No wonder they pray to allah! they thank him for creating Muslim women cause no other women in the world in  their right mind would get in bed with one of those hairy beasts. yeeesh!

Heres a disturbing thought, maybe when Child molesters die they get reincarnated as Saudi arabian Women!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#40]
My suggestion FDNY, you got a couple of rivers and plenty of fire axes you can spare, Lets see if the Police can figure out which Fire station put an AXe in this d*ckwads back and left him floating?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Ok, I will admit, at this point I am pretty drunk, we are having a Happy Hour at our office for the WNY and Ontario people who work for us...I've been slamming beers, eating BarBQ and smoking cloves for 4 hours now.....

So, this may be a bit verbose, even for me....hopefully I won't violate the CoC...although with this subject that is difficult...oh, and don't hold any spelling mistakes against me you fuckin' spelling nazis!

Look, anyone who has read my stuff will know I don't have much love for the islamic faith. Hell, I refuse to capitalize any words to show my disdain.

As others have said, and I have said before....All I need to know about islam, I learned on 9/11.

This was an ev ent that really opened my eyes to what I consider true, and faithful islam. After further study of the koran, and islamic faith throughout the years, I have drawn a few conclusions....

Sorry to break it to you (who don't know) we are at war with islam...some may choose to qualify that by saying fundamentalist islam... but ultimately I see it as islam in general...true, passionate islam...as I know there are fringe islamists who are like fringe christians....they believe, but are n o devout.

I don't see how a devout, believing muslim can align themselves with anything above islam. This iman proves this. Despite overwhelming, damning and irrefutable evidence to the contrary, he still goes on public record saying that the 19 scumbags who perpetrated this deed didn't do it, he shows hid true colors,, where he believes or at least pays lip service to the possibility that some esoteric conspiracy plotted and carried out this act.

Sorry, but bullshit, the fact of the matter that 19 fundamentalist hijackers, believing in the righteousness of their islamic convictions, took over 4 airliners and drove or attempted to drive them into targets that would be meaningful to the "Great Satan". It is fact that many muslims danced in the streets within the borders of this country to celebrate this great strike against the "Great Satan".

Denying this fact is pure and utter BS. I saw it on the news coverage. Trying to cover it up now and dismiss it now is typical of the apologist activity we have seen since.

I am sorry, but I disagree with the President coming out in support of the "religion of peace". Attempting to dismiss the enemy with PC BS is just that.

We have a huge population of muslims within the borders of this country....I feel this is the enemy within, as I do not see the devout and true muslims siding with anything than islam in the coming struggle. The devout will always side with islam over the US in the struggle. There can be no other way according to their holy writings.

Therein lies the danger....we have opened the doors of defeat to potential enemies. History shows a pattern within islam. They have tended to build numbers to the point where they have the advantage, and then they take over the area, subjugating it to islam. This is historical fact.

The Crusades began due to years of expanding incursions into Christian held areas of the middle east. After years of this, the Pope had no choice but to react and try to defend those areas. Thus kicking off centuries of warfare in which millions of people lost their lives. If it wasn't for the aforementioned incursions, the Crusades would not have been neccessary.

We didn't start this war, it was started centuries before....but unless the "infidels" wish to be subjucated forever, it is a war we must fight. I hope we don't have too, but I choose to prepare like we must. Better to be prepared and not need it, than to be unprepared and subjugated.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#42]
The fvucker is a student of the Saudi/Al Qeada Islamoterrorists propaganda machine.

He has no business in this country.

Edited to add "Islamoterrorists" to my post.

I like that word.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I see the apologists of a violent murderous "religion" have reared their ugly politically-correct heads again.

People don't fucking get it. Appeasement will kill us all. It was this limp-dick attitude to Muslim sponsored terrorism that caused 9/11 to happen in the first place.  And there will be more 9/11's if people get complacent and ignore the reality of modern Islam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top