Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2002 2:41:35 AM EDT
Here are some clues:

One is from the late 70's thru early 80's

The other is recent, still in production.

Are you up to the challenge???

[i]If you guess these, then I have something REALLY odd for you to guess later (but I have to find a way to take a picture of it thought).[/i]

[img]http://www.lewistechnogroup.com/images/ms10web.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.lewistechnogroup.com/images/cs6x_web.jpg[/img]

No CHEATING either!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:36:04 AM EDT
[#1]
MOOG......YAMAHA...............[:O]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:40:28 AM EDT
[#2]
You got one of them right...

guess again on the other one!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:43:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Also,

do you know the model??

e.g.- If you say Moog/Yamaha which one Mini Moog, Poly Moog, Memory Moog, Prodigy, etc.. Yamaha DX-7, CS-15, CS-80....

Keep trying!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#4]
The top one would be a Korg MS-10, circa late 70's, but that botton one I can't tell.

My bro still has his Moog Prodigy. That was a real kicker in the Devo days.

Okay, wait a sec. Only Yamaha would use that cheesy white color. I'm thinkin' the bottom one is part of the CS series, perhaps a CS6x?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:51:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The top one would be a Korg MS-10, circa late 70's, but that botton one I can't tell.

My bro still has his Moog Prodigy. That was a real kicker in the Devo days.
View Quote

You are CORRECT!!!

Funny, I miss my Prodigy [:(] but I sold it to buy my first Bushmaster [:D]. I had done some custom modifications to it, refinished it. It was REALLY nice! Rosewood colored ends and ready for a CV/Midi interface.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:54:58 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a dude in San Diego who restores Moog keyboards. My bro sent his Prodigy off to the guy two weeks ago to have new wood panels fabricated and some finishing work done. Man, I wish we still had that Moog Liberation. That was cool.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:00:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Do you like Mini Moogs??? I do!!!!

Would you like a new one???

Here is Bob Moog's new company:

[url]http://www.bigbriar.com[/url]

BTW Moog rhymes with rogue. People often mispronounce his name.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:05:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I liked the Prophet 5 and 10's when they came out.

Still like the sound of the Mellotron and Birotron, but even Wakeman said his Birotron was junk.

Funny how a 1000 dollar keyboard purchased today from Wal-Mart would blow the 50K dollar Fairlight and GS1 away from back then away.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also,

do you know the model??

e.g.- If you say Moog/Yamaha which one Mini Moog, Poly Moog, Memory Moog, Prodigy, etc.. Yamaha DX-7, CS-15, CS-80....

Keep trying!
View Quote
                                   YEOW......I was just a ELP fan back in the day.....too busy buildin`small block chevy`s...so we could outrun them mopars!..[:)]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:09:56 AM EDT
[#10]
That new Mini is cool, but for that price I could get a Korg workstation and a couple of EMU rack mount units. But as a collectors item, it would be really cool to have. I sure as hell wouldn't take it on the road!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:12:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also,

do you know the model??

Keep trying!
View Quote
                                   YEOW......I was just a ELP fan back in the day.....too busy buildin`small block chevy`s...so we could outrun them mopars!..[:)]
View Quote

You only wish!!!! [:D]....

BTW waiting for the taxes to come back may be getting some Hemi goodies if they don't keep it again (past due student loans).
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:17:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That new Mini is cool, but for that price I could get a Korg workstation and a couple of EMU rack mount units. But as a collectors item, it would be really cool to have. I sure as hell wouldn't take it on the road!
View Quote

LOL,
yeah they were a bit fragile.. I think they are better now...

I'm an Analog Synth Fan. My musical interest are kinda odd in some respects.

When I do my own synth based music it is more like my influences Soft Cell, The Art of Noise.

When I do guitar based music I prefer Punk, Thrash and Ska styles.

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:29:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Are you guys giving up already?????
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:52:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Bottom one is a Yamaha CS, perhaps a CS6x, right?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:23:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bottom one is a Yamaha CS, perhaps a CS6x, right?
View Quote

...And yes, you are right about them both!!

Now, if I can get a way to take a picture, I have something unusual. There are other keyboards in its family but this particular one only 4 were made before the company went out of business.

Its old, the most of the bands who used it were before my time (i'll be 34 within the next week).

Think Emerson-Lake-Palmer (ELP), Led Zepplin, the Beatles (particularly [u]Strawberry Fields[/u]), etc...
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Now as a bonus item can anyone tell me the [b]country of origin[/b] of my cymbals.

They are hard to find in the U.S. but well worth the trouble....

[img]http://www.lewistechnogroup.com/images/UFIP_HiHats.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#17]
avedis ziljen! the only cymbal!

is the synth a davislint? my brother had one of those italian things.

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
avedis ziljen! the only cymbal!

is the synth a davislint? my brother had one of those italian things.

View Quote

I used to like them until I found these.

They are much, much better both the sounds and construction.

Edited to add:
The Synths are a Korg MS-10 and a Yamaha CS6x.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top