Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 11:22:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I am a fan of Muscle Milk. All of their products are good quality, and they taste VERY good, perhaps the best out there; but my favorite is the casien protien. They are one of the few to market a casien specifically. Casien is protien found in milk, and it is a long lasting protien. Meaning that it takes a long time to break down in your system, which is why you take it  just before you go to bed so that your body has a nutrient supply while you sleep.

As to their whey protiens, you cannot go wrong with them at all. they taste great, and they can be had for a fair price. I've a cabinet full of their stuff.

I go between Muscle Milk whey and a whey from www.allthewhey.com

There are two kinds of whey, isolate and concentrated. The difference is that isolate is more "pure" in that your body will absorb about 95% of it, and with concentrate, your body will absorb about 75 - 80% of it. IF you're getting enough protien, thats splitting hairs.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Muscle milk is good stuff. I mix a cup with my oatmeal in the morning..mmmm!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
love it..best tasting stuff out there...pricey compared to other stuff out there but well worth it
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
love it..best tasting stuff out there...pricey compared to other stuff out there but well worth it

Have you seen the huge tub that has about 80 servings? $30!! It is concentrate, but it is still great none the less!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#5]
chokeu2, where are you picking up the $30 tub? I've heard some good things about it and am considering trying it out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you seen the huge tub that has about 80 servings? $30!! It is concentrate, but it is still great none the less!!

are you talking about the Cytogainer......it works great also..just cant stand their fruit flavors..

I usually order my musclemilk from dpsnutrition.com
and also my 24hr fitness has them on sale now and then for 19 bucks a can...i go through about 2 cans a week
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you talking about the Cytogainer......it works great also..just cant stand their fruit flavors..

I usually order my musclemilk from dpsnutrition.com
and also my 24hr fitness has them on sale now and then for 19 bucks a can...i go through about 2 cans a week

Big +1 on Cytogainer! I use the chocolate malt and it really does taste like that...as long as you use milk and not water. I also use NoXplode creatine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I also use and recommend the Muscle Milk.  The best part about this stuff is that it tastes so good that it is easy to get into the habit of taking it on a regular consistent basis.  I'm a weight lifter, so I take a scoop mid-morning, and another scoop mid-afternoon.  If you shop around, you can get it for $22 per tub.  I got my last batch from massnutrition.com but there are other places that are comprable in price.

The only down side of the Muscle Milk is that it's high in calories, so don't go nuts on this stuff unless you're working out hard in the gym.  Keep it at around 2 - 3 scoops per day and you can't go wrong.  My favorite flavors are Chocolate Milk and Cookies and Cream.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Different type of protein...it's got more calcium caseinate in it.

Take it at night, but not after a workout. It absorbs slower than whey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top