Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2012 11:29:07 PM EDT
Deck chairs, Titanic, etc.

As of Thursday, there have been 114 murders this year in Chicago — up 35 percent compared with the same period last year.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#2]
We should start a pool and bet on what they'll blame it on.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They should ban murder.

I see you are weak on this topic.  

You really should be supporting the ban on DEATH!
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Must be because of white people.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#5]
And it's not even summer yet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Geewiz I guess banning guns doesn't work after all.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

this no doubt, ban white people
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 12:38:33 AM EDT
[#8]
How many of those murders were gang related? 80%? 90%? 100%? I'm willing to bet they tell the public 0% or that many of them were "children". Maybe they can get Al Sharpton to rustle people up for a riot and blame everything but the real problem as they cause more crime and destruction in the streets.

Chicago is a sickening sink hole.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#9]
The dumbass libtards will blame the SCOTUS McDonald decision.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 2:15:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They should ban murder.

No, you have it all wrong. They should make it absolutely legal in ALL big cities.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 2:21:12 AM EDT
[#11]
All they need is MORE FUNDING!

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 3:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How many of those murders were gang related? 80%? 90%? 100%? I'm willing to bet they tell the public 0% or that many of them were "children". Maybe they can get Al Sharpton to rustle people up for a riot and blame everything but the real problem as they cause more crime and destruction in the streets.

Chicago is a sickening sink hole.

Chicago is not far behind Detroit in many ways...  

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 3:25:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I would expect better from such a well organized community.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 3:25:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Funny how you go to the greater Chicagoland area, where guns are legal........you don't see this stat.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 3:29:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they're WAY ahead of you.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:09:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They should ban murder.

Good idea!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:13:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#18]
It's gonna be a long hot summer.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:27:30 AM EDT
[#19]
It will be blamed on the NRA, Conservatives, and the Republicans.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:51:50 AM EDT
[#20]

wouldn't it be ironic if our President called that place home?

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#21]
that because all of us in a gun friendly state like Florida bring our firearms up to a Chicago and sell them on the street to gang member's for a profit.

Thats what Brady tells me
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

that because all of us in a gun friendly state like Florida bring our firearms up to a Chicago and sell them on the street to gang member's for a profit.

Thats what Brady tells me

Ban Florida for the children?

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Where do you think the rioting will occur if Zimmerman isn't charged in Florida and in the unlikely event that Sharpton and the Black Panthers are successful in whipping up mob frenzy?

in Florida where many law abiding citizens are armed, or in Chicago where they are not?

My guess is that their outrage will be directed against appliance stores and sneaker stores in Chicago.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Midnight basketball would solve this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ban conservative white people in Chicago.  Send them all to Ohio.  We'll reciprocate by sending them twice as many liberals. Everyone wins!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh what a bunch of crap. The murder rate is actually down in Chicago. Except in a few hoods. Where escalating gang violence has caused the murder  rate to rise as much as 40% in some hoods. And right now we should be pointing at those hoods. The residents of those hoods. And Al and Jesse. And ask WTF. Is up wit dat!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:36:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Winnar!
oh wait,

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#28]
People these days are getting desperate. No jobs= more crime= murder.

Not saying it's right, just that it's inevitable.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:53:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Statement by Rev. Michael Pfleger
Today we’re reading that the January Murder rate is up from one year ago.  40 homicides this January compared to 26 during the same period last year.  This ought to let us know loud and clear that what I and others have been saying is still true, just more police on the street is never going to be enough.  Until we change the culture of violence that has become acceptable, stop this proliferation and easy access to guns (our communities have more guns that computers), bring jobs and resources to help struggling communities, teach conflict resolution in our schools and guarantee every school provides an excellent education, and break the code of silence we will continue to see violence rise in Chicago!

Do we want to stop the violence or just put a Band Aid on it?!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:02:53 AM EDT
[#30]
What is the Issue About Guns?  
... In the 2009  school year, by mid March, already more than 11 Chicago Public School students have been killed by gun violence, since Labor Day. Our children are dying and guns are creating an atmosphere where no one is safe. No one is trying to take away guns. For God’s sake, lets regulate them!

“What is the Issue About Guns?”

There is a great amount of confusion regarding the issue of gun legislation. The National Rifle Association and Illinois National Rifle Association like to paint the picture with a very broad and untrue brush. They say Rev. Michael L. Pfleger, Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Mayor Richard M. Daley and others are trying to take your second amendment rights away and the N.R.A. is trying to protect them! This is an outright lie!

The Supreme Court in its recent decision made it clear, individuals have a right to bear arms. Like it or not, that was their interpretation. All we are saying is fine, but let us regulate the sale of guns and stop the flow of guns. We have asked for “common sense” gun laws. One gun per month, reinstate the assault weapon ban, require universal background checks and make crime data public. These are not complicated, just common sense!

I have said, lets regulate guns like we do cars. Right from the manufacturers, every car has a title that must be transferred from owner to owner. Why can’t we do the same with guns? The N.R.A. response is criminals will always get guns. No, not if we regulate them right from the manufacturer.

Many downstate legislators say their constituents do not want any gun legislation. I do not believe this is true, but is being used to hide behind the lucrative campaign donations of the N.R.A. and the threats by them to run someone against them if they support any gun legislation. Every time we question downstate individuals, they overwhelming support regulating the flow of guns. Others say, well, if we do so in Illinois, they will just come from out of state. There are many laws that we have begun in Illinois just because they’re right, and some have become national models for other states to follow. Why not lead the country?

Thirty-Thousand a year are killed from firearms. Fifty-five percent of the national firearm deaths in 2005, were from suicide by firearms. Statistics tell us, guns in a home are more likely to harm than protect. Every year we hear of more and more injuries and deaths by children playing with a gun in the home.

Last year over three-hundred students were shot by a gun. That is the size of a school. This school year, already eight Chicago Public School students have been killed by gun violence, since Labor Day.

Our children are dying and guns are creating an atmosphere where no one is safe. No one is trying to take away guns. For God’s sake, lets regulate them!

Statement by:
Rev. Michael L. Pfleger, Pastor
Faith Community of Saint Sabina
1210 West 78th Place
Chicago, Illinois 60620

this is typical libtard chicago thinking. do something for us because we can't do it ourselves.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

They'll blame it on the failure to ban guns everywhere outside of Chicago.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

According to the article, they're blaming it on a failure to reassign an adequate number of police supervisors.

Apparently, if you shuffle enough police jobs around, the murder rate drops.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#34]
influx of neighborhood watch volunteers
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#35]
They were just pissed that they got beat out by Rockford last year.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Oh what a bunch of crap. The murder rate is actually down in Chicago. Except in a few hoods. Where escalating gang violence has caused the murder  rate to rise as much as 40% in some hoods. And right now we should be pointing at those hoods. The residents of those hoods. And Al and Jesse. And ask WTF. Is up wit dat!!!

that would be racist
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

that would be racist

Also profiling.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#38]
I was watching WGN the other night and they were talking about 6 people that had been shot in one incident, with 1 person dead at the scene.  Usual suspects, usual victims.

What I found interesting is that there hasn't been a national outrage over the incident and Al Sharpton never showed up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#39]
it takes a village ......
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#40]
We should pull out of Chicago, the people who live there aren't worth sacrificing any more American lives.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Let me think of the reasons according to the street.

1. it's Bush's fault.

2. not enough money thrown at midnight basketball.

3. evil white people.

4.need more money for worthless feel good causes.

5. evil white people.

6.it's the culture of violence,  wait a minute ..........not that reason.  sorry.

7. glorified thug lifestyle. oops , another mistake. sorry.

8.etc, etc, etc..............

9.anyone and everyone's fault except those involved.

10. it's the republicans fault.

GD

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:46:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They should ban murder.

I see you are weak on this topic.  

You really should be supporting the ban on DEATH!

What do you expect? He's a weak sister. I heard that he prefers boneless wings and asks for cloth napkins at barbecue joints (which he calls chateaux du charcuterie flambe`).
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Murder is up 35% and they are promoting people and no one is demoted...makes sense. Gotta love the smiles in the picture too.

"With Chicago suffering a 35 percent spike in murders this year, police Supt. Garry McCarthy announced a reshuffling of his command staff Friday, replacing commanders in five of the city’s 23 districts.

McCarthy also promoted three supervisors to deputy chief positions. He said the changes were made to “strengthen the department’s ongoing efforts to reduce violence” and create a “more efficient departmental structure.”

McCarthy promoted James Gibson as commander in the Morgan Park district; Lynette Helm in Grand-Crossing; James O’Donnell in Jefferson Park; Maria Pena in Marquette, and Barbara West in Austin.

A police spokeswoman said no district commanders were demoted to make way for the changes in those five districts. They replaced commanders who were promoted to other positions or retired, she said"
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#44]
I think we're going about it all wrong.

Perhaps we should be ENCOURAGING the violent drug gangs to kill each other as fast as possible.  

It's pretty obvious (well, to everyone outside of Chicago) that what they've been doing won't work.  May as well try something in the other direction...
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They were just pissed that they got beat out by Rockford last year.  

I'm posting from the NW side and I can tell you that distant gunshots are down in Rockford.  Chicago had 25 or so people shot in ONE day not to long ago.

I wish I were in Lafayette though, I never did like Illinois.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Ban the Skittles.  For the children!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Not to worry, GMac has brought CompStat from NYC.
That, along with the reassignments, ought to clear thing up in a jiffy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
We should pull out of Chicago, the people who live there aren't worth sacrificing any more American lives.

What you did there...we see it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#49]
It wouldn't be criminal if we just did away with the white man's laws.

Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#50]
some of the local radio stations have been making a point of mentioning that assailants have been wearing hoodies.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top