Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2012 3:03:37 PM EDT
Might finally splurge with some 4th of July sales going on...  Which blends better in Upstate NY, Multicam or A-TACS?  Which is more sexy?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Both they blend well with eachother.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I like ATACS

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Atacs strikes me as having more urban coloration. Multicam seems to work about anywhere.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to wear MultiCam but after some tests by myself and other folks ATACS FG blends in better in an woodland setting. In NY i'd go for ATACS FG.

ETA: There's somes test of both camos on the web. I had it saved but i must have deleted it. MultiCam works well in the desert but not so well in the jungle or woodlands.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#5]
ATACs impresses me. I have some on order.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Atacs strikes me as having more urban coloration. Multicam seems to work about anywhere.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Might finally splurge with some 4th of July sales going on...  Which blends better in Upstate NY, Multicam or A-TACS?  Which is more sexy?

What sales?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What sales?  

There was a thread here about some AR500 plates, and SKDtac has 10% off.  Except SKDtac doesn't have A-TACS.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am from upstate NY and i assure you that ATACS-FG would be you best bet.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I went camping in Upstate NY 2 weekends ago. My buddy had a multicam boonie and I had an OD canteen pouch. We put both next to each other in several differen spots-base of a tree, in some ferns, by some rocks, the OD seemed to blend better than multicam in all spots. Shoulda taken pics. I am definitely interested in ATACS FG for NY. I think it would work great especially this time of the year, its winter when everything is brown and grey that I'm wondering how it will do. In an area like this that looks vastly different 6 months apart, its near impossible to have 1 camo scheme.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep.

I like ATACS but I feel it isn't too far off from ACU in a way.  It's still kind of light.  I mean, it's way fucking better than ACU or ABU but Multicam appears to blend better.

The way I feel about it is......ACU's don't work worth shit until they are nice and dirty.  ATACS is like dirty ACU's.  Multicam is even darker but also incorporates a lighter shade instead of being lighter and incorporating a darker shade.  Regardless, both rock and either would be great.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Multicam for the NY woods.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Played paintball in Multicam for a long time, never had anyone say I stuck out like a sore thumb.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:12:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks guys, went Multicam, from the feedback it's probably a better all-rounder with the changing seasons.  Also better availability than ATACS for now.  ATACS-FG looks good for summer here, but probably not so much in the spring & fall when foliage is light.

Might pick up some ATACS later, but I'm a cheap bastard.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:21:50 AM EDT
[#16]
More codura and nylon options with multicam, all my field gear is in multicam, vests, packs, everything.

Can't do that yet with A-tacs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:38:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
More codura and nylon options with multicam, all my field gear is in multicam, vests, packs, everything.

Can't do that yet with A-tacs.

That was kind of the kicker.  A lot more popularity with Multicam, as you posted all the accessories are available in Multicam.

Didn't get a plate carrier like I thought I might, I'm too cheap a bastard.  I don't have a real use for one, other than preparedness, and the likely hood that it would be needed is very slim.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:46:51 AM EDT
[#18]
SORD USA has most of the gear and accessories in ATACS.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:55:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Now you tell me.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:01:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I went camping in Upstate NY 2 weekends ago. My buddy had a multicam boonie and I had an OD canteen pouch. We put both next to each other in several differen spots-base of a tree, in some ferns, by some rocks, the OD seemed to blend better than multicam in all spots. Shoulda taken pics. I am definitely interested in ATACS FG for NY. I think it would work great especially this time of the year, its winter when everything is brown and grey that I'm wondering how it will do. In an area like this that looks vastly different 6 months apart, its near impossible to have 1 camo scheme.

The things you were using as a sample are too small and don't need their outline broken up as much to blend in at short distances, so they wouldn't work well in a comparison test.

Stick the multicam boonie on the head of a person covered in multicam and the canteen pouch on a person dressed all in OD and I'd bet your results would change. In almost all cases a solid colored object is going to stick out more than one with broken lines of the appropriate color.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:01:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you tell me.  

Like I said ATACs and Multicam work well together you can mix and match
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you tell me.  

Like I said ATACs and Multicam work well together you can mix and match

Cool.  Some day I may get a plate carrier or load bearing vest, but not yesterday.  There weren't any smoking deals I couldn't pass up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Cool.  Some day I may get a plate carrier or load bearing vest, but not yesterday.  There weren't any smoking deals I couldn't pass up.

BTW....where did you pick up your stuff at, anyway?  Got a link?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#24]
ATACS or something similar, will be the next BDU choice! Unless some type of hi tech electron charged variable pixilated  fabric comes along.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SKDtac.com...  One of the paid sponsors above.  

Shirt
Pants
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SKDtac.com...  One of the paid sponsors above.  

Shirt
Pants

Oh ok....

Yea I got their 4th of July sale email.  Now I want to order a set.  I just facebooked a friend who got issued some for a deployment and told him to send me an extra set....I wish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top