Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/15/2005 6:32:03 PM EDT
Alright, as some of you might remember from a while back my dad bought this truck (same color, 4x4, std cab) for REAL cheap.

Well, since I payed for half of the 360 motor-redo ($915 was my part) he told me that he's gonna give me the truck and have me sell my beloved-rust-bucket of a Blazer. Being a Chevy guy, I was disappointed and overjoyed at the same time.

Here's my question.

Right now, it has no exhaust on it. The big 50lb muffler is NOT staying in there and the catalytic converters are.....well...........no longer a problem.

I have cherry bombs on my Blazer and they're decently loud, but I'm looking for something a little quieter. I'm thinking series 50 Flowmasters (2 of them, I'm having true duals) with 2 1/2" pipes coming in and fabricating 3" pipes after the mufflers out the back.

So, what I am looking for is a couple mufflers, if Flowmasters aren't good at it, that will make good low end power.

I'd like to set the price limit at about $200 for 2 of them, but I'm open for suggestions to the contrary.

Thanks for looking

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:42:26 PM EDT
That big ole' truck only has a 360 in it?

You may want to consider a moderatly sized single exhaust for good low end power. Otherwise, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Borla, and several others I can't think of right now will work good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:55:38 PM EDT
Flowmasters will give you "that sound" however they really don't flow that well despite their name. I prefer Magnaflow and Borla although Borla is very overpriced. I say Magnaflow. I will probably go with Magnaflow on the Titan.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 7:24:44 PM EDT by WIZZO_ARAKM14]
I saw you say something about that in your truck thread.

I'm thinking it MIGHT (keyword) not be a problem because I'll only have 4 cylinders pumping into each big series 50 flowmaster.

I was just looking on Jegs.com and these Magnaflows caught my eye.

Magnaflow Performance Aluminized Mufflers

The original Magnaflow design with long lasting aluminized steel in a variety of applications for cars, trucks and SUV's. 14'' long body unless specified.

I think they could work, but I don't know how quiet they are.

LINK

WIZZO

BTW, cartech, yes, it has a 360 in it. If it had a Cummins in it, we wouldn't have gotten it for less than $6000, let alone the $2800 we bought it for. Those diesels hold their value REALLY well around here. This sucker is built like a tank though. Dana 80 in the rear end and a Dana 60 up front with a 3.50 axle ratio driven by a 5sp manual (which is good, I'm really weary of Dodge auto tranny's)
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:28:48 PM EDT
If you leave the cats it shouldn't be real loud until you get on it. If you gut or remove the cats it will be loud no matter what mufflers you use. 50's series Flows are fairly loud. Go to magnaflow.com and click on the truck/suv ling and then the hear it link. There are a bunch of soundclips. No 360 Dodge but you can get an idea of the type of sound you could expect. Check out the Titan clip. Sounds sweet
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:52:38 PM EDT
Yeah, that Titan has some rumble to it for sure

I'll have some more research to do as far as mufflers go now. I'll have to see if I can take a look at how they're constructed at a local shop or something.

I just don't want a "Turbo" muffler. They're way too quiet, but they look similar to the muffler I posted above.

Thanks,

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:35:14 AM EDT
Magnaflows look like "turbo" mufflers but are staright through.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:40:39 AM EDT
Good to know. I think I found a winner, then.

They're cheaper, too

Thanks

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:02:18 PM EDT
when i get around to getting an exhaust for my Titan i would very much like to get as close to a true dual exhaust as i can. ive heard those 50 series mufflers were great, straight through, and a deep sound. pretty much exactly what im looking for.

would love to have that look of 2 tail pipes coming out the back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:07:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:13:00 PM EDT
Since I am not real familiar with Dodge trucks, How well does the 360 run? I know some of these motors can be pretty impressive when comes to actual working conditions.
You may really want to stay with a single exhaust to get the most low end power. Most dual setups will lose a little on the bottom for whatever reason, but it might not be enough to notice. Most of the trucks I see have a single with split tailpipes after the muffler.(qusi-duals?)
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:13:31 PM EDT
I have a 50 series Flowmaster Delta Flow on my 90 K5...its not too loud yet you can hear her rumble just fine. w/o cats it would be very loud.
Top Top