Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/2/2012 8:31:28 PM EDT
His body has been found. Looks like he froze to death during the night.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mt-rainier-ranger-shot-death-gunman-sought-15272135

After going into a rage and shooting 4 people earlier, he hops into his car and flees into a National Park-WEARING A T-SHIRT, jeans and tennis shoes! THATS IT. In the middle of winter. But apparently he was feeling hot and sweaty...
And then somewhere he lost one of the shoes after bailing from his vehicle.

Remember the naked guy who beat that guy in California a week or so ago?

And check his physique in those photographs.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:33:05 PM EDT
Let's go with both...along with adrenaline from shooting up a party hours earlier.

Toss in Iraq vet and we're off
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:36:28 PM EDT
Yeah, the "Iraq vet" and PTSD stuff is making me really suspect. Looks like the media is returning to its old 70's and 80s habits of slandering vets rather than focusing on jucer/tweaker drug culture.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:50:47 PM EDT
The shooting renewed debate about a federal law that made it legal for people to take loaded weapons into national parks. The 2010 law made possession of firearms subject to state gun laws.

Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision.

"The many congressmen and senators that voted for the legislation that allowed loaded weapons to be brought into the parks ought to be feeling pretty bad right now," Wade said.

For fucks sake. Statists think laws are like magic spells that ward off evil or something.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:51:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2012 8:53:06 PM EDT by Goodn]
GOOD, leave his body to the wolves and bears to tear to shreds. A bullet would have been to easy for him. Hope he suffered.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:52:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
Looks like he froze to death during the night.

Good! I hope it was slow and painful.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:54:06 PM EDT
If he was taking steroids it sure as hell doesn't show from those pics.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:54:54 PM EDT

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:57:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MrMojoRising:

http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Benjamin_Colton_Barnes_4-286x300.jpg

Yeah, he would be bigger on roids. He looks like half my non roid using battalion.

He was just some fucked up guy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:58:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MrMojoRising:

http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Benjamin_Colton_Barnes_4-286x300.jpg

Interdasting tattoos. What a tard.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:59:30 PM EDT
Gang tats fo sho!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:08:38 PM EDT
Get both.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:10:36 PM EDT
Dude was nuts, pure and simple. Drugs, illegal or legal, could have added fuel to the fire. Either way he was cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. He probably exhibited plenty of signs before he went full 'tard.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:16:59 PM EDT
The way he was found and being partially in the water appears to point to end stage hypothermia. Seen it a lot on search and rescue call outs. One starts to feel hot and begins to strip clothing, they also are tiring and follow the downslope terrain (least resistance) and go to water to cool off. Corpsicle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:18:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Depidy_Dawg:
The way he was found and being partially in the water appears to point to end stage hypothermia. Seen it a lot on search and rescue call outs. One starts to feel hot and begins to strip clothing, they also are tiring and follow the downslope terrain (least resistance) and go to water to cool off. Corpsicle.

Good shoo..... er um Freeze. I would call him a shitsicle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:18:59 PM EDT

Oh really? So end stage hypothermia can cause a hot sensation even without the drugs?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:19:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2012 9:20:07 PM EDT by Treadhead]

Yeah, I looked that up this evening. It's the same thing that happened to a Dad a few years ago around here who got stranded in the snow and went to
look for help. They found him in his underwear.

"Now the key to what causes paradoxical undressing. Vasoconstriction occurs when the smooth muscles within the vasculature contract. This effort requires a steady input of energy in the form of glucose from the body’s energy stores. However, due to a lack of blood now traveling to these muscles, they eventually tire. As the muscles of the constricted blood vessels run out of energy, they fatigue, relax, and open up. This is known as vasodilation.

With vasodilation of the blood vessels, an infusion of warm blood from the core of the body rushes into the peripheral extremities. This causes the hypothermia victim to feel overly warm and to start shedding layers of clothing, contrary to the reality that their body temperature is continuing to drop.

The victim’s warm blood rushing from their core, coupled with the removal of warm clothing, causes their body temperature to fall even faster. This serves to hasten death from hypothermia and results in another case of paradoxical undressing."

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:21:26 PM EDT

Oh really? So end stage hypothermia can cause a hot sensation even without the drugs?

Yup, victims feel like they're overheating and shed clothes. We call it the Hansel and Gretel effect because we follow the bread crumbs of discarded clothing. Never a good sign and almost always leads us to a body.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:23:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Treadhead:

Yeah, I looked that up this evening. It's the same thing that happened to a Dad a few years ago around here who got stranded in the snow and went to

"Now the key to what causes paradoxical undressing. Vasoconstriction occurs when the smooth muscles within the vasculature contract. This effort requires a steady input of energy in the form of glucose from the body’s energy stores. However, due to a lack of blood now traveling to these muscles, they eventually tire. As the muscles of the constricted blood vessels run out of energy, they fatigue, relax, and open up. This is known as vasodilation.

With vasodilation of the blood vessels, an infusion of warm blood from the core of the body rushes into the peripheral extremities. This causes the hypothermia victim to feel overly warm and to start shedding layers of clothing, contrary to the reality that their body temperature is continuing to drop.

The victim’s warm blood rushing from their core, coupled with the removal of warm clothing, causes their body temperature to fall even faster. This serves to hasten death from hypothermia and results in another case of paradoxical undressing."

You talking about the editor of Cnet who drove up the mountain road because his GPS told him it was a goog route? (BTW, I fucking hate GPS idiots). Also, in that case the glaring thing to remember is, NEVER leave a sure thing for an unsure thing, i.e., shelter!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:24:34 PM EDT

You talking about the editor of Cnet who drove up the mountain road because his GPS told him it was a goog route? (BTW, I fucking hate GPS idiots). Also, in that case the glaring thing to remember is, NEVER leave a sure thing for an unsure thing, i.e., shelter!
Yeah, IIRC (?) someone had cut a lock on a chain that barred access and they drove up it and got stranded. Bad deal.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:24:39 PM EDT
Looks like they went house to house with a SWAT team and took everyone by force and made them go to a visitors center where they were kept under guard.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:39:58 PM EDT

Yeah, IIRC (?) someone had cut a lock on a chain that barred access and they drove up it and got stranded. Bad deal.

Yeah, pride gets lots of people killed. He kept going instead of turning around. Drove from pavement to dirt onto that logging road. All around bad deal.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:51:41 PM EDT

Yes. Routinely mountain climbers in the death zone are found disrobing even though it's freezing.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:54:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Marty369:

Yes. Routinely mountain climbers in the death zone are found disrobing even though it's freezing.

Yep
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:56:02 PM EDT

And for some reason, aren't hypothermia related deaths also mistaken for rapes for some reason? I can't recall why right now, but I saw it somewhere.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:59:40 PM EDT
Drove from pavement to dirt onto that logging road.

I've seen several posters here claim the guy knew he was driving from a paved road to a dirt road. How are you claiming he knew that when both were covered by snow? I'd love to see at least one jerk here explain themselves.z
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:02:21 PM EDT
awesome tats
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:03:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2012 10:04:27 PM EDT by KalihiJack]
Local news doing an expose on him. He was given a less than honorable discharge in 2009 after less than 3 years in and was in trouble with the military with DUI charges. He was fighting with his baby momma most recently.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:04:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2012 10:04:18 PM EDT by TheGrayMan]
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:07:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2012 10:07:39 PM EDT by Jinxsters]
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:
Originally Posted By -GunNutJuell-:

And for some reason, aren't hypothermia related deaths also mistaken for rapes for some reason? I can't recall why right now, but I saw it somewhere.....

Never heard that one.

Sounds like an awesome excuse for people who rape others. "I didn't rape her, that bitch was obviously mountain climbing and got hypothermia."
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:09:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2012 10:10:12 PM EDT by Treadhead]

Reading up on Hypothermia and Paradoxical undressing it DOES say that they're sometimes originally thought to be homicides or sexual assaults (Especially in urban
settings) because the victims strip and then try and "Burrow" into confined areas (Cupboards, under beds etc) and "look" like someone was trying to hide the body.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:11:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EndgameSTG:
The shooting renewed debate about a federal law that made it legal for people to take loaded weapons into national parks. The 2010 law made possession of firearms subject to state gun laws.

Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision.

"The many congressmen and senators that voted for the legislation that allowed loaded weapons to be brought into the parks ought to be feeling pretty bad right now," Wade said.

For fucks sake. Statists think laws are like magic spells that ward off evil or something.

I read the article looking for this exact type of idiocy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:13:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By zoom:

I've seen several posters here claim the guy knew he was driving from a paved road to a dirt road. How are you claiming he knew that when both were covered by snow? I'd love to see at least one jerk here explain themselves.z

I'd like to hear more from you. Please go on.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2012 10:20:50 PM EDT by Depidy_Dawg]
Originally Posted By zoom:

If you saw my previous posts the situation made me sad. I have read the report on this and watched the documentary. I believe it was raining heavily, though the temperature was dropping rapidly when he turned onto the logging road. When they decided to stop and go to sleep, it had turned to snow sometime during the night.

I am not a fan of people who do not use their GPS correctly or fail to realize it is a device that is fallible. Nothing beats common sense and being aware of one's surroundings. Once one realizes they are lost they need to stop, or turn around. He was on a road, all he needed to do was go back the way he'd come, a known route. Plus, do not leave shelter.

Last SAR callout I was on I spoke to a woman who was panic stricken and screaming over the cellphone, wanting me to explain to her why the road she was on had petered out when Google Maps CLEARLY indicated it was a valid road. She kept driving, over rocks, ruts, and small ravines, tearing out the bottom of her Subaru, because she "Wanted to get away" for a few days from the hustle and bustle of Denver. Her supplies consisted of 4 energy bars, a couple of bottles of water, and 2 apples. Plus her dog. She planned to camp at the base of Laramie Peak for the 4 day weekend.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:19:04 PM EDT

All unattended deaths are treated as a crime scene until proven otherwise. Perhaps because females are found partially clothed is why this viewpoint comes about?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 11:45:21 PM EDT

I think he was just high on life.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:21:55 AM EDT
Probably cocaine, as that makes people more aggressive than any other drug and makes them feel invincible.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:52:57 AM EDT
He was from my old home town
With that in mind, I wouldn't doubt meth was involved.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:59:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By blood75spill:
Probably cocaine, as that makes people more aggressive than any other drug and makes them feel invincible.

In my experience PCP is number one, followed by meth in cases, then coke. Not that coke isn't as bad, it'll fuck you up too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:05:52 AM EDT

This asshole is the reason people should be able to be armed . If some psycho is running around killing I want to be able to protect myself and family.

Anti's are just sprouting bullshit
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:06:40 AM EDT
The shooting renewed debate about a federal law that made it legal for people to take loaded weapons into national parks. The 2010 law made possession of firearms subject to state gun laws. Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision.

Wade called Sunday's fatal shooting a tragedy that could have been prevented. He hopes Congress will reconsider the law that took effect in early 2010, but doubts that will happen in today's political climate.

Seriously? What an ass hat. After shooting 4 people and running a road block I'm sure he would have thrown his gun out before entering the park. That guy needs to be kicked in the nuts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:06:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Looks like he froze to death during the night.

Good! I hope it was slow and painful.

It wasn't he got cold then "felt" warm till he dies
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:07:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By blood75spill:

In my experience PCP is number one, followed by meth in cases, then coke. Not that coke isn't as bad, it'll fuck you up too.

Oh yea forgot pcp. Bad shit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:47:52 AM EDT
I wonder if he was on so called "anti-depressants" or "anti-anxiety" or one of the other myriad of drugs that they give to soldiers suffering from PTSD. After going trough 3 years of hell dealing with people on these kind of drugs it makes me suspect that is the cause of a lot of these occurrences. They can screw you up big time and nobody seems to be tracking the negative effects of these drugs. Paranoia is a very common side effect. And certainly the networks that make millions off of advertising them are not going to do any major story on the side effects.

I am not excusing the actions of the perp, but these sorts of drugs are almost as much a common thread in these occurrences as guns.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:29:44 AM EDT
Rest in peace troubled young man.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:41:11 AM EDT

Yep

Paradoxical undressing

GM

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:48:07 AM EDT
His body has been found. Looks like he froze to death during the night.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mt-rainier-ranger-shot-death-gunman-sought-15272135

After going into a rage and shooting 4 people earlier, he hops into his car and flees into a National Park-WEARING A T-SHIRT, jeans and tennis shoes! THATS IT. In the middle of winter. But apparently he was feeling hot and sweaty...
And then somewhere he lost one of the shoes after bailing from his vehicle.

Remember the naked guy who beat that guy in California a week or so ago?

But the news said he was a survival expert!

Why the hell do news people think that being in the military makes you a survival expert? Granted their our survival experts in the military, but being in the military does not make you a survival expert by any means.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:26:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:58:33 PM EDT
Apparently he had a shitload of bugout gear in the car but ditched without it after the shootout.

Who knows. He was.one messed up dude.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:01:47 PM EDT

If News Reporters were actually paid for what they are worth...........they'd be giving us their money just to have the privelage of working. The STUPID IS STRONG in the MSM.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:04:58 PM EDT
If he was taking roids then he was doing something wrong.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top