BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 1:55:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the plugin, I suppose. If you don't have Sun's JRE and need it, this will occur (fix: install manually).
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Give us a site where this happens and maybe we can find the plug in for you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Depends on the plugin, I suppose. If you don't have Sun's JRE and need it, this will occur (fix: install manually).

Hehe, English motherfucker!  Do you speak it?

Seriously... techno challenged here...

Summary: If you do not have Sun Microsystem's Java Runtime Environment (Java), and the site you are visiting requires it, the problem you are experiencing will commonly occur. Your only solution would be to go to Sun's site, look for the JRE, and install it yourself.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Try this.

Click on "Get it now." I've never installed it this way before, but it should do the trick.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Summary: If you do not have Sun Microsystem's Java Runtime Environment (Java), and the site you are visiting requires it, the problem you are experiencing will commonly occur. Your only solution would be to go to Sun's site, look for the JRE, and install it yourself.

Yeah.. that's what I thought he said.  

Thanks for the tip.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heh, oops. Sorry 'bout that. I meant to give an example of a plugin (Sun's Java Runtime Environment) that will not install automatically, and demonstrates the same behavior that you describe. Other plugins, like Flash, seem to install fine this way.

Seems to depend on the plugin.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah.. that's what I thought he said.  

Thanks for the tip.  

No problem. My whole family is "computer illiterate" so I'm used to doing walkthroughs and "geek-speak" translations.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Got it, problem solved... thank you!

Same here, thanks!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top