Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2012 6:40:16 PM EDT
Or, well, a berm.

A parcel of land that's caught my eye has a negative that may be a positive.

It's a little over 30 acres in a National Forest and it has a utility easement running down the length of it, right in the middle. Bummer.

But, hey, that's a cleared shooting range, right?  The only hang up there would be that I'd need a backstop, and building a 12' high or so dirt berm in the easement is likely going to be a problem in the long term.

So I'm now trying to think of how one might construct a moveable berm. Ideas?

Bullet box on a trailer was the first thing I thought of.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Just make sure it is not considered a "road".

People out here in not so free state have got shit for shooting down "roads" on there own property.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I suppose I could put up a "NOT A  ROAD" sign.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I suppose I could put up a "NOT A  ROAD" sign.

This would be what I would do.  

Why someone would use the "cannot shoot within xx feet of a road" when talking about a "road" on private property.  If it is on private property, it can look like a road, smell like a road, be driven down like a road, but if it is not a right of way............it's not a fucking road.  It is a path or a drive way.  Neither is a ROAD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top